• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is 26 yrs old
Lamar is a NFL MVP
Lamar is the Ravens best player
Lamar has gotten better every year
With exception of this year, Lamar is always available
Lamar is a great fit for EB offense
Lamar is worth more than 2 first
Lamar keeps you on par with a tough NFCE
Lamar elevates you to SB contender
Lamar attracks other FA
Lamar gives fan base new hope
Lamar splash with new owner
Lamar will make Allen, McClauren, Dotson, Robinson, Jr's time here worth it
Lamar represents himself, that's all you need to know
Make an offer at least!
i agree with what you have said but realize the cost . you wont retain payne , sweat clowney (chase) and curl . for the next 2 years you will be filling holes with 2-7 round draft picks . samuel will also be gone alone with AG . TE will still be a need and the o/line will still be an issue as will CB depth and LB .

for the next few yrs you wont have much of FA because of the cap so this is what you would roll with and he would have to carry you , can he ? he as one playoff win and has played only one full nfl season . the last 2 yrs he missed 5 games a piece

making an offer is a waste of time , if you are going to go for him then you need to reel him in

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with what you have said but realize the cost . you wont retain payne , sweat clowney (chase) and curl . for the next 2 years you will be filling holes with 2-7 round draft picks . samuel will also be gone alone with AG . TE will still be a need and the o/line will still be an issue as will CB depth and LB .

for the next few yrs you wont have much of FA because of the cap so this is what you would roll with and he would have to carry you , can he ? he as one playoff win and has played only one full nfl season . the last 2 yrs he missed 5 games a piece

making an offer is a waste of time , if you are going to go for him then you need to reel him in
It's time for the so called leaders of this organization to do their job. Find players in the draft who can play. It's terribly hard to find a franchise QB and one is available.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for the so called leaders of this organization to do their job. Find players in the draft who can play. It's terribly hard to find a franchise QB and one is available.
well right now who are our leaders ? the team is up for sale so i wouldnt think there will be any block buster deals this off season

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. The injury risk and gmoney is too great. The way Lamar plays the game his injury risk to high. Plus, we would have to give up 2 firsts.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well right now who are our leaders ? the team is up for sale so i wouldnt think there will be any block buster deals this off season
You cannot operate that way and be competitive. Who cares if the team if for sale, conduct your business at hand. I know we will not be in on Lamar but we have work to do around Howell and on defense. Sign a FA guard, FA LB, FA corner and get ready for your draft. Some how hoping we get the TE from GA with extra picks from our first round trade down. My 3 targets are:

CB BYRON MURPHY JR., ARIZONA CARDINALS

Contract projection: Available in PFF's free agency rankings

Murphy boosted his stock this season by playing primarily on the outside after splitting reps with a skew toward the slot over his first three seasons, and he earned the highest overall (66.7) and coverage (63.9) grades of his career in the process.

Murphy will be 25 through the entire 2023 regular season, and his inside-outside flexibility makes him an intriguing option for a lot of teams in need of help in the secondary.

OG NATE DAVIS, TENNESSEE TITANS

Davis earned a career-best 66.8 pass-blocking grade in the last season of his rookie contract, a huge jump from his previous high of 52.6. That was an important development to go along with his consistently solid run-blocking ability.

From 2020 to 2022, Davis’ 74.1 run-blocking grade ranks 14th among guards, routinely getting to the second level in the Tennessee Titans’ zone running scheme with good movement skills. If he can continue to improve in pass protection and round out his game, the former third-rounder could be a quality guard for the next several years.

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS, BUFFALO BILLS

Edmunds made huge strides in coverage in 2022, a major weakness in his game through his first four seasons. He is a truly freakish athlete and will be 25 years old throughout his entire sixth NFL season in 2023 after being selected No. 16 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft as the second-youngest player in the overall class.

Edmunds’ 86.9 coverage grade in 2022 was the third-best mark among off-ball linebackers, and he forced an incompletion on 10.3% of targets into his coverage while allowing just four explosive receptions the entire season (0.9% of targets into his coverage, ninth among linebackers). Edmunds also missed just 6.5% of potential tackles, the lowest rate of his career and another huge sign of continued growth from a football intelligence and play recognition standpoint.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot operate that way and be competitive. Who cares if the team if for sale, conduct your business at hand. I know we will not be in on Lamar but we have work to do around Howell and on defense. Sign a FA guard, FA LB, FA corner and get ready for your draft. Some how hoping we get the TE from GA with extra picks from our first round trade down. My 3 targets are:

CB BYRON MURPHY JR., ARIZONA CARDINALS

Murphy boosted his stock this season by playing primarily on the outside after splitting reps with a skew toward the slot over his first three seasons, and he earned the highest overall (66.7) and coverage (63.9) grades of his career in the process.

Murphy will be 25 through the entire 2023 regular season, and his inside-outside flexibility makes him an intriguing option for a lot of teams in need of help in the secondary.

OG NATE DAVIS, TENNESSEE TITANS

Davis earned a career-best 66.8 pass-blocking grade in the last season of his rookie contract, a huge jump from his previous high of 52.6. That was an important development to go along with his consistently solid run-blocking ability.

From 2020 to 2022, Davis’ 74.1 run-blocking grade ranks 14th among guards, routinely getting to the second level in the Tennessee Titans’ zone running scheme with good movement skills. If he can continue to improve in pass protection and round out his game, the former third-rounder could be a quality guard for the next several years.

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS, BUFFALO BILLS

Edmunds made huge strides in coverage in 2022, a major weakness in his game through his first four seasons. He is a truly freakish athlete and will be 25 years old throughout his entire sixth NFL season in 2023 after being selected No. 16 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft as the second-youngest player in the overall class.

Edmunds’ 86.9 coverage grade in 2022 was the third-best mark among off-ball linebackers, and he forced an incompletion on 10.3% of targets into his coverage while allowing just four explosive receptions the entire season (0.9% of targets into his coverage, ninth among linebackers). Edmunds also missed just 6.5% of potential tackles, the lowest rate of his career and another huge sign of continued growth from a football intelligence and play recognition standpoint.
i think the future owners will want to have a say in what they are taking over. you are a fan and i am a talking head , we can say what we should do etc . if i m buying the team i dont want a bunch of top heavy contracts with little cap of draft capitol because i want to pay with my toy

i dont think we will be very competitive with all this turmoil and until the corruption is dealt with we wont be competitive

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prior to the ‘22 season, Scherff left in free agency and Flowers was cut — apparently in an effort to shed cap dollars to pay for Rivera’s Folly, the trade for the washed up former Colts and Eagles QB Carson Wentz. The two were replaced by a pair of guards, Andrew Norwell and Trai Turner, who had once, in the previous decade, been considered among the NFL’s best, but who eventually proved themselves to be out-of-shape and inadequate as NFL players in 2022.

exactly what posters here advocate we do with payne and our d/line

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that some of the low balling or not paying is because Dan's credit limit is so high.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prior to the ‘22 season, Scherff left in free agency and Flowers was cut — apparently in an effort to shed cap dollars to pay for Rivera’s Folly, the trade for the washed up former Colts and Eagles QB Carson Wentz. The two were replaced by a pair of guards, Andrew Norwell and Trai Turner, who had once, in the previous decade, been considered among the NFL’s best, but who eventually proved themselves to be out-of-shape and inadequate as NFL players in 2022.

It seems like the team did try to keep Scherff and make him the highest-paid Guard in the league. I never thought he wanted to be here after his contract ran out.

In January, general manager Martin Mayhew said the team offered Scherff a contract that would’ve made him the highest-paid guard in NFL history.

The Flowers decision never made any sense to me. Rivera made everything worse by bringing in his cronies to man the fort. As you said, it was a bad decision and one we are now having to fix. Like you said, he wanted to cut corners and relied on relationships instead of talent. That is the biggest knock on the coach-centric style: coaches look for relationships while GMs look for talent.

The questions I have now are:

1. What will Rivera/Mayhew do between now and Monday to free up cap space?
2. What is the priority list to address for Rivera/Mayhew?
3. How many OLinemen do they want to bring in to start for the team?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RR has already said the OL was a priority, I heard him say it in the combine interview. So, we shall see. He know his shortcomings with Turner and Norwell so no need to keep mentioning it. It seems we are rolling with Howell so go get bodies to protect him. Pretty simple.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the team did try to keep Scherff and make him the highest-paid Guard in the league. I never thought he wanted to be here after his contract ran out.

In January, general manager Martin Mayhew said the team offered Scherff a contract that would’ve made him the highest-paid guard in NFL history.

The Flowers decision never made any sense to me. Rivera made everything worse by bringing in his cronies to man the fort. As you said, it was a bad decision and one we are now having to fix. Like you said, he wanted to cut corners and relied on relationships instead of talent. That is the biggest knock on the coach-centric style: coaches look for relationships while GMs look for talent.

The questions I have now are:

1. What will Rivera/Mayhew do between now and Monday to free up cap space? Release Thomas, Rollier
2. What is the priority list to address for Rivera/Mayhew? OL has been stated in several interviews
3. How many OLinemen do they want to bring in to start for the team? I'm betting 1 FA Guard & 2 draft picks (3 total)

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I would do:

Free agency class (main signings)

RT
Center
TE

The OLine needs experience immediately, as such, we need 2 free agents now to help stabilize the OLine. Cosmi moves to Guard to start. LG would be Paul or a late-round pick.

Draft (areas to target with these rounds)
1st Round = LT
2nd Round = CB
3rd Round = LB

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth a look? If we want to target OLine with 2 of our first 3 picks, he might be an option in FA?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3