• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct! All they have to do is clear cap space for one day or get creative with the terms of a big contract. Besides what difference would it make to Snyder if he's on the way out?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct! All they have to do is clear cap space for one day or get creative with the terms of a big contract. Besides what difference would it make to Snyder if he's on the way out?
It doesn't makes absolutely no sense would mean we couldn't sign anyone including our own I call bullshit on it

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap crunching manipulation can fit in any contract

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap crunching manipulation can fit in any contract
If you have the right front office who can make that happen. What has this current front office proven that would lead you to believe they will do this? In 3 years, has Rivera restructured anybody?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have the right front office who can make that happen. What has this current front office proven that would lead you to believe they will do this? In 3 years, has Rivera restructured anybody?
RR has done some head scratching things like, call EVERY team about their QB availability. One would have to think if LJ was available to some degree, RR will certainly inquire when it comes to the QB position.
I believe RR & Co think they are a QB away from making a run.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR has done some head scratching things like, call EVERY team about their QB availability. One would have to think if LJ was available to some degree, RR will certainly inquire when it comes to the QB position.
I believe RR & Co think they are a QB away from making a run.
And that is what scares me actually. The offense was so bad last year (24th in pts) and has gotten progressively worse each year Rivera has been here. I actually expect Rivera to bolster the defense (LB and CB) and try to go dumpster diving when it comes to the OLine.

I still think Rivera wants to recreate the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, and 14 Seahawks. I think he wants a dominant defense with a game-managing QB. Just my opinion. I do not trust his free agency and drafting strategy as he thinks like a coach instead of a GM when making those decisions.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I am surprised the Skins aren't making a play for Lamar. A top 7 QB in his prime is semi on the market. He has his warts, but he is dynamic and a former league MVP.

This is no knock on Howell. I have a ton of confidence in what I've seen, but you have the ability to solve the QB position for two 1st?

If Dan were smart he'd make a play for Lamar. Having Lamar on the roster probably adds about a billion to the price tag for the new owner.

He gets hurt, he's not Peyton throwing the football, and he'd cost. Might be able to recoup one of the first by letting Payne go.

I trust Keim so this little rant doesn't matter, but I am kinda surprised that the Skins are out so early in him.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t surprise me if no team tries to sign him. Now you not only pay a huge contract but two firsts. Hell no!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying we don't have the money to do anything in free agency like going after LT Orlando Brown
Every team in the league has the money to do almost anything that they want by rule. Making cuts ONLY applies to the first 24 hours after a massive signing because of the cap. 24 hours and one second after that, restructuring contracts can put them almost exactly where they were before such a signing with respect to personnel. Now if they are extremely creative with signing a big fish, cuts might not be necessary.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit!

reluctantly:Cry:...you're right!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t surprise me if no team tries to sign him. Now you not only pay a huge contract but two firsts. Hell no!
I believe that is exactly the owner's plan. They will attempt to draw the line at guaranteed contracts with Lamar.

I am interested in your perspective on this from a different point of view. Let's suppose that Lamar Jackson was our QB under the same circumstances (non-exclusive tag) what would be your position then?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that is exactly the owner's plan. They will attempt to draw the line at guaranteed contracts with Lamar.

I am interested in your perspective on this from a different point of view. Let's suppose that Lamar Jackson was our QB under the same circumstances (non-exclusive tag) what would be your position then?
Probably draft another and lose him after the first tag, it’s a tough position to be in, as we saw with cousin kirk

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably draft another and lose him after the first tag, it’s a tough position to be in, as we saw with cousin kirk
Thanks!!

We have watched other teams struggle with this question and have been a part of being relegated to QB purgatory. While I do agree that it is a "tough position" to be in, it's also extremely rare at best or non-existent to date. Kirk Cousins was an easy call because of his demands for guaranteed money that ironically would have never come into play had Bruce Allen not been born a dickish child, who, as a fully grown adult dick was put into a position to run a football team.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is 26 yrs old
Lamar is a NFL MVP
Lamar is the Ravens best player
Lamar has gotten better every year
With exception of this year, Lamar is always available
Lamar is a great fit for EB offense
Lamar is worth more than 2 first
Lamar keeps you on par with a tough NFCE
Lamar elevates you to SB contender
Lamar attracks other FA
Lamar gives fan base new hope
Lamar splash with new owner
Lamar will make Allen, McClauren, Dotson, Robinson, Jr's time here worth it
Lamar represents himself, that's all you need to know
Make an offer at least!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go get Lamar
He is worth the 2 picks

These opportunities dont come often
We hit up EVERY team last year about EVERY QB on EVERY roster. Now I one of the best becomes available and no one including the Commanders wants him?? I smell a skunk here. Just saying.