• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it to free agency he needs to be the #1 target it would completely change the draft for us if they can sign him
I agree. A premier LT is a must for any team wanting to compete...especially a team with a rookie QB. This offseason must be about protecting and giving Howell all the help possible.

With Payne being tagged and IF Brown is brought on board, the money will almost be gone unless other cuts and adjustments are made.

Brown very well might go to the highest bidder. As usual, we simply don't have the cap room and draft picks to address all needs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A premier LT is a must for any team wanting to compete...especially a team with a rookie QB. This offseason must be about protecting and giving Howell all the help possible.

With Payne being tagged and IF Brown is brought on board, the money will almost be gone unless other cuts and adjustments are made.

Brown very well might go to the highest bidder. As usual, we simply don't have the cap room and draft picks to address all needs.
if you brought in Brown , got a cb early in the draft and continued to build the o/line through the draft , maybe retain holcomb then i think thats a good off season and you have money going into next year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you brought in Brown , got a cb early in the draft and continued to build the o/line through the draft , maybe retain holcomb then i think thats a good off season and you have money going into next year
Yes, that should be the game plan if brown is open to coming here.
If he truly likes EB, and we can get him at a reasonable deal, we need to go for it.
He is only 26.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a chance to upgrade at LB here.
Just depends if the money is there.
I think the goal for free agency is

1 starting OLineman
1 CB
1 LB

Use the early rounds of the draft to finish the OLine.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is an impromptu meeting before the official owners meeting at the end of March. Don't quote me on that. They'll discuss Dan if I am right about that meeting.

I think and hope we will have a more clear idea whether Dan is going to dig his heels in or look to sell the team after the official. However don't look for some grand proclamation

I am pretty sure they want him out. I think they want him to go on his own accord. When you research Dan's history he was not often a good business man. He was highly leveraged when he bought the Redskins. Remember, originally he was going to be a minority owner. He became even more highly leveraged when he bought out the minority owners a couple of years ago.

I don't know this but I believe Dan's credit cards (so to speak) are way up there. For as wealthy as he is he likes living large. I would imagine he is jealous of Bezos who has been so successful. He can barely (or not) keep up with Fed Ex Field and Ashburn is a mess. There is no chance he can build a stadium. He also does not want to appear as he is a failure and was removed.

On the other hand, rich guys do rich guy things. They do not want to air their dirty laundry. I don't think they are in a hurry to vote him out. I can tell you from dealings I had with him (indirectly) and other friends directly before he was the team owner this is 100% Dan Snyder way of doing business. He is not a nice man. He does not want to pay for things that he owes money for and he treats others like crap.

Hang in there. I think it is going to happen but it might take longer than we think. I think 31 other owners will prevail over one turd owner.
The fact that he's not even liquid enough to put together 450m to buy out his minority owners told me he's leveraged.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kiljoy

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call bullshit
Weak video from a usually informative Snider.

I mean, we were terrible when we had Trent Williams at LT right?...LOL. Elite or above-average LT are being phased out I guess?

I get the impression that properly addressing the OLine is NOT a priority with many pundits and fans. Throwing one new starting OLineman is NOT addressing the OLine. Many mocks have us taking CB in the 1st, which is not the worst idea, but continuing to kick the OLine down the road actually will start to hurt this team.

Rivera needs to start cutting players and restructuring now, but I don't think he will. I honestly think he is satisfied with his ex-Panthers on the OLine, but is also under budget constraints. Starting Sam Howell and having EB will not magically make the OLine stronger and better.

Being a defensive-minded coach, I believe he will continue to address defensive needs while neglecting the offense. I fully expect the 1st round pick to be a CB instead of OT and I am not sure he frees up much more cap at this point to use on free agency. Some of it is his poor strategy and some of it is budget issues. We are in no-mans land at 16 in the draft and value at tackle might not be there and we might be forced to take a CB.

If the biggest spends this offseason are tagging Payne and grabbing a CB in the 1st round, the new owner should look to remove him as one of the first orders of business. Common sense says you protect your rookie QB and address one of the worst OLines in the league. Again, I am NOT saying tagging Payne and drafting a CB in the 1st are criminal offenses. I am simply saying that at some point, he will be forced to deal with the OLine or he will and should be shown the door quickly. If the OLine is NOT properly addressed Howell and EB will fail.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things to think about before things get really going this off-season, specifically concerning our team. Call this my... it wouldn't be Washington if some of this doesn't happen!!

1. Now that the combine is over and impressions have been made, there will be at least 2 or 3 mid-draft teams considering a big jump up for a QB. Do not be surprised if Washington is one of them!

2.Dan Snyder prediction... In a final farewell with both middle fingerinted at the other 31 owners, Snyder orders his front office to get involved with Lamar Jackson (if they non-exclusive him) give up the 2 first rounders and in a move against league wishes si him to a well above market, fully guaranteed contract. Howellfu unhappy! Owner

3. Ron Rivera, as is his nature, will make this a defense heavy draft and off-season.Reports will follow of a growing riff between him and some in the front office and his offensive staff.

4. The most popular reaction to their off-season moves will be... MEH!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why these posts spread out when I use my phone to make them!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard this team doesn’t have the money for any big signings.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak video from a usually informative Snider.

I mean, we were terrible when we had Trent Williams at LT right?...LOL. Elite or above-average LT are being phased out I guess?

I get the impression that properly addressing the OLine is NOT a priority with many pundits and fans. Throwing one new starting OLineman is NOT addressing the OLine. Many mocks have us taking CB in the 1st, which is not the worst idea, but continuing to kick the OLine down the road actually will start to hurt this team.

Rivera needs to start cutting players and restructuring now, but I don't think he will. I honestly think he is satisfied with his ex-Panthers on the OLine, but is also under budget constraints. Starting Sam Howell and having EB will not magically make the OLine stronger and better.

Being a defensive-minded coach, I believe he will continue to address defensive needs while neglecting the offense. I fully expect the 1st round pick to be a CB instead of OT and I am not sure he frees up much more cap at this point to use on free agency. Some of it is his poor strategy and some of it is budget issues. We are in no-mans land at 16 in the draft and value at tackle might not be there and we might be forced to take a CB.

If the biggest spends this offseason are tagging Payne and grabbing a CB in the 1st round, the new owner should look to remove him as one of the first orders of business. Common sense says you protect your rookie QB and address one of the worst OLines in the league. Again, I am NOT saying tagging Payne and drafting a CB in the 1st are criminal offenses. I am simply saying that at some point, he will be forced to deal with the OLine or he will and should be shown the door quickly. If the OLine is NOT properly addressed Howell and EB will fail.
It’s early , so we will see but I really see a quiet FA

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s early , so we will see but I really see a quiet FA
Keim is saying to expect mid level signings.
I hope that is true. Build thru the draft, supplement with free agency.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snider was pretty much right on from what we have heard rumored. Dan is deep in debt and there aren't going to be any splash signings.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not talking cap. I’m talking actually money that has to be paid up front on these contracts. Snyder is in big time debt
They do that by revenue

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reposting this... apologies to all who read the previous one ( it resulted because of some sort of phone glitch)

Some things to think about before things get really going this off-season, specifically concerning our team. Call this my... it wouldn't be Washington if some or all of these things don't happen!!

1. Now that the combine is over and impressions have been made, there will be at least 2 or 3 mid-draft teams considering a big jump up for a QB. Do not be surprised if Washington is one of them!

2. A Dan Snyder prediction... In a final farewell with both middle fingers at the other 31 owners, Snyder orders his front office to get involved with Lamar Jackson (now that they have put him on the non-exclusive tag) give up the 2 first rounder picks, and in a move against league wishes sign him to a well above market, fully guaranteed contract. Howellfu unhappy! Owner

3. Ron Rivera, as is his nature, will make this a defense-heavy draft and off-season. Reports will follow of a growing rift between him and some in the front office and his offensive staff.

4. The most popular reaction to their off-season moves will be... MEH!!