• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

commanders off season thread 2023

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Payne gets extended, then then I agree with you guys that the Mathis pick was really bad. My reasoning at the time of the draft when Mathis was selected was, they knew they wouldn't be able to resign him, and they were drafting his replacement. Maye the fight between him and Allen two years ago had them worried that he won't resign here. Thats alot of money tied up in Dt's. We will see what happens. Payne might get more than 20M per season,
I have shown over and over again that we had the money to resign the entire front 4 at projections of 20 mil to the outrageous amount of 40 mil A based on the cap going up year to year . Your thought process is based on Homerism and defense of RR and the FO . if we lose Payne we can simply draft a DT In the draft we lose him . There is no need to announce to Payne and the NFL that Payne is on the way out a yr in advance , it’s dumb . Now we have shown that clowney isn’t needed as much as Payne . the hope here is Mathis works out like BRob has so far done and we can continue to have great depth at DT because injuries happen

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean is defending Rivera drafts again. He has to stick to script and talking points.
Look some of the picks didn’t hurt us . But I debate value on a few of them .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing bonuses, roster bonuses, workout bonuses and imaginative accounting should make all new contracts doable.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean is defending Rivera drafts again. He has to stick to script and talking points.

what defend? I told you why I thought he made the pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time I drafted ridgeway over and over again in round 5 where he was picked . Almost all the mocks I did had him going later ( brob )

i want to see these draft rankings for yours before the draft. top 10 at positions that we need.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have shown over and over again that we had the money to resign the entire front 4 at projections of 20 mil to the outrageous amount of 40 mil A based on the cap going up year to year . Your thought process is based on Homerism and defense of RR and the FO . if we lose Payne we can simply draft a DT In the draft we lose him . There is no need to announce to Payne and the NFL that Payne is on the way out a yr in advance , it’s dumb . Now we have shown that clowney isn’t needed as much as Payne . the hope here is Mathis works out like BRob has so far done and we can continue to have great depth at DT because injuries happen

teams draft at positions when they know they are going to lose players. That happens. Im not doubting Payne as a player he is a good player. having two high priced DT's reminds me of the days of Big Daddy and Stubberfield. The Mathis pick doesn't make sense if Payne gets a long-term deal here. I already explained why I thought RR drafted Mathis in the 2nd. No homerism just explained it.

IMO Payne is going to go to the highest bider if not tagged by us. Im sure there are teams who have more cap room than us that will offer Payne more guaranteed money. he is going to want more than L. Willaims and Buckner. So, does this mean you already written off CY? What if CY goes off in 2023?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams draft at positions when they know they are going to lose players. That happens. Im not doubting Payne as a player he is a good player. having two high priced DT's reminds me of the days of Big Daddy and Stubberfield. The Mathis pick doesn't make sense if Payne gets a long-term deal here. I already explained why I thought RR drafted Mathis in the 2nd. No homerism just explained it.

IMO Payne is going to go to the highest bider if not tagged by us. Im sure there are teams who have more cap room than us that will offer Payne more guaranteed money. he is going to want more than L. Willaims and Buckner. So, does this mean you already written off CY? What if CY goes off in 2023?
Even if they weren't going to extend Payne the Mathis pick was stupid and a reach

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they weren't going to extend Payne the Mathis pick was stupid and a reach

thats your opinion. RR and JDR liked Mathis. The pick makes sense if they knew Payne would be gone. Im curious what trade offers were offered for Payne at the trade deadline.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats your opinion. RR and JDR liked Mathis. The pick makes sense if they knew Payne would be gone. Im curious what trade offers were offered for Payne at the trade deadline.
How would they know Payne would be gone?
They didn't.
It was a bad pick. There was no need to take a DT that high. I don't care if RR liked him. Rivera liked wentz as well..what does that tell you?

If they "knew" Payne was gone..then trade him. They are now trying to negotiate with Payne. In other words, they have clue what they are doing.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what defend? I told you why I thought he made the pick.
You agenda post dean..wither you admit or not.

When you argue with multiple posters repeatedly over the same topic over time, you are agenda posting.

You agenda posted for 9 months about Wentz. You argued with me, gkekoka, skinsdad, and breed. You were literally on here Thanksgiving and Christmas day trying to convince posters that wentz needed another chance. Everyone disagreed with you but that didn't stop you.

Now you are trying to convince the board about Mathis. You are arguing with me, skinsdad, and countryroads. That should be your clue you are agenda posting.

You continue to claim that Rivera drafts well and repeat yourself over and over again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would they know Payne would be gone?
They didn't.
It was a bad pick. There was no need to take a DT that high. I don't care if RR liked him. Rivera liked wentz as well..what does that tell you?

If they "knew" Payne was gone..then trade him. They are now trying to negotiate with Payne. In other words, they have clue what they are doing.

RR and JDR liked Mathis, that's all I can think off. I thought the pick was made b/c they had no intentions in resigning Payne. Giving Pyane a long term deal no makes the Mathis pick look horrible. I still think Payne gets more money from another team. The only way he comes back is on the franchise tag.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agenda post dean..wither you admit or not.

When you argue with multiple posters repeatedly over the same topic over time, you are agenda posting.

You agenda posted for 9 months about Wentz. You argued with me, gkekoka, skinsdad, and breed. You were literally on here Thanksgiving and Christmas day trying to convince posters that wentz needed another chance. Everyone disagreed with you but that didn't stop you.

Now you are trying to convince the board about Mathis. You are arguing with me, skinsdad, and countryroads. That should be your clue you are agenda posting.

You continue to claim that Rivera drafts well and repeat yourself over and over again.

Go look at RR drafts, IMO they are not bad at all. I admit, I wanted to give CW a chance after 6 games. im not denying that. Other fans wanted it to. This board doesn't cover all fans. no arguing, i just told you what I think on why RR made the Mathis pick. Do you think Payne signs back here on a long-term deal?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR and JDR liked Mathis, that's all I can think off. I thought the pick was made b/c they had no intentions in resigning Payne. Giving Pyane a long term deal no makes the Mathis pick look horrible. I still think Payne gets more money from another team. The only way he comes back is on the franchise tag.
I like Mathis as well....that doesn't mean the team should have drafted him if they wanted to resign Payne. They are now clearly trying to do that.

So we will now have four 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick on the DLine. Meanwhile, we have the worst LB corps in the NFL and a bottom 5 OLine with no 1st round draft picks that we have used on the OLine. I think we can admit that this makes no sense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mathis as well....that doesn't mean the team should have drafted him if they wanted to resign Payne. They are now clearly trying to do that.

So we will now have four 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick on the DLine. Meanwhile, we have the worst LB corps in the NFL and a bottom 5 OLine with no 1st round draft picks that we have used on the OLine. I think we can admit that this makes no sense.

i agree 100%. Resigning Payne long term makes the Mathis pick look bad. Do you think he signs here long term?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at RR drafts, IMO they are not bad at all. I admit, I wanted to give CW a chance after 6 games. im not denying that. Other fans wanted it to. This board doesn't cover all fans. no arguing, i just told you what I think on why RR made the Mathis pick. Do you think Payne signs back here on a long-term deal?
I think he does because Rivera is going to make him an offer he cannot refuse. I disagree with it but it is what it is.

They have some cap to throw around and they are dead set on having the DLine be elite. Again, I disagree with this approach. No need to have an elite DLine when the OLine is a disaster.

Rivera is a poor GM and does not understand balance. He literally builds one unit while destroying or neglecting another. I would rather have an above-average OLine and above-average DLine but I am not the GM. Balance across the field is critical in my opinion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does because Rivera is going to make him an offer he cannot refuse. I disagree with it but it is what it is.

They have some cap to throw around and they are dead set on having the DLine be elite. Again, I disagree with this approach. No need to have an elite DLine when the OLine is a disaster.

Rivera is a poor GM and does not understand balance. He literally builds one unit while destroying another.

I agree with your post. Im curious is someone offered a 2nd round pick for Payne at the trade deadline. You think our offer will be higher than other teams in FA? Payne is going to want to hit FA this year. NO way he accepts RR's first offer without listening to other teams. I think we have to franchise tag him if RR wants him back for 2023.