• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how when we are a game out of the playoffs right now? lol. What do you mean by too much ground? Even with a loss tomorrow night we are the 8th seed.
Making the playoffs this year literally does nothing to help this organization with the sale and impending mass changes coming. We have been over this a million times.

And don't say anything can happen...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the playoffs this year literally does nothing to help this organization with the sale and impending mass changes coming. We have been over this a million times.

And don't say anything can happen...

I will never route against my team. Even if we make the playoffs, new ownership could still clean house. I know you think this team is bad. You said that on many posts, but the season is not even close to being over.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never route against my team. Even if we make the playoffs, new ownership could still clean house. I know you think this team is bad. You said that on many posts, but the season is not even close to being over.
And you have that right to do so. As I have said, you have a short-term view of the team...I have a long-term view of the team.

The owners will hopefully clean house. It would make little to no sense for them to keep Rivera as the GM given the lack of success, even if the team makes the playoffs by a fluke. You have even admitted that Rivera is NOT a good GM...why would the new owner keep him around? Why keep a coach who had 4 straight losing seasons?

Our Offense is currently 26th in the NFL averaging 17.7 pts per game
Our Defense is currently 16th in the NFL giving up 21.3 pts per game
We are 4-5 with 4 division games left (we are currently dead last)

Do you have another word to describe the team other than "bad" Dean? Or is the data I provided inaccurate? Feel free to fact check me if you wish. As usual, you think we are better than we are. You actually thought Scott Turner would get this offense clicking...WOW. You also foolishly thought we would get 11 wins with DAL getting 12 wins and Philly getting 11 wins. You claimed Wentz and Hurts were equal with Philly and WSH being on equal ground as far as talent and skill.

I don't think you would call the team "bad" if we were 0-17 to be honest.

Last edited:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have that right to do so. As I have said, you have a short-term view of the team...I have a long-term view of the team.

The owners will hopefully clean house. It would make little to no sense for them to keep Rivera as the GM given the lack of success, even if the team makes the playoffs by a fluke. You have even admitted that Rivera is NOT a good GM...why would the new owner keep him around? Why keep a coach who had 4 straight losing seasons?

Do you have another word to describe the team other than "bad" Dean? Or is the data I provided inaccurate? Feel free to fact check me if you wish. As usual, you think we are better than we are. You actually thought Scott Turner would get this offense clicking...WOW. You also foolishly thought we would get 11 wins with DAL getting 12 wins and Philly getting 11 wins. You claimed Wentz and Hurts were equal with Philly and WSH being on equal ground as far as talent and skill.

I think if we were 0-17 he would still say Wentz has a shot to turn this team around

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The owners will hopefully clean house. It would make little to no sense for them to keep Rivera as the GM given the lack of success, even if the team makes the playoffs by a fluke. You have even admitted that Rivera is NOT a good GM...why would the new owner keep him around?

Do you have another word to describe the team other than "bad" Dean? Or is the data I provided inaccurate? Feel free to fact check me if you wish.

you are probably right about the new owner cleaning house even if we make the playoffs. No, GM isnt RR strong suite no arguments. I never disagreed that the new owner wouldn't clean house. Houston, Raiders, and the Bears are bad teams not us. Right now, we are below avg to average. Defense has been playing well, if the offense can get its act together, I still see a road to 9 wins even if we lose tomorrow night. Those 9 wins could get us the 7th spot.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we were 0-17 he would still say Wentz has a shot to turn this team around
Depends.

If Wentz got us to 0-17 it would be the fault of the defense, receivers, Scott Turner, the OLine, and Santa Claus.

If Falco got us to 0-17, it would be the fault of Falco alone because he is terrible and should be out of the league.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you still haven't explained the "too much ground to make up" when we are one game out.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are probably right about the new owner cleaning house even if we make the playoffs. No, GM isnt RR strong suite no arguments. I never disagreed that the new owner wouldn't clean house. Houston, Raiders, and the Bears are bad teams not us. Right now, we are below avg to average. Defense has been playing well, if the offense can get its act together, I still see a road to 9 wins even if we lose tomorrow night. Those 9 wins could get us the 7th spot.
So do you think either the Giants, Cowboys or 49ers slip up?
Do you honestly think we are better than any of those teams? I am not seeing it.
I would hope the new owners put us in the best position to win, and that includes ditching Rivera ASAP.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still haven't explained the "too much ground to make up" when we are one game out.
I am guessing he is meaning that we have too much ground to make up against the teams we play in our division and those in the playoff hunt.

Logically speaking, I highly doubt we sweep a team that is currently 7-2. Would you not agree?

I agree with Skinsdad, it is a waste of time playing hypothetical games with you. You see the team winning every close game, catching every break, and you see Wentz bringing us the playoffs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think either the Giants, Cowboys or 49ers slip up?
Do you honestly think we are better than any of those teams? I am not seeing it.

Giants have won a lot of close games. We blew our close games against the titans and Vikes but won the Bears and Colts games. Cowboys will 9 or 10 wins. I think the 49ers lose tonight and I see them getting 8 or 9 wins on the season. Giants will win next week again the Lions but every game after that should be tough for them. They look like a 9-win team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing he is meaning that we have too much ground to make up against the teams we play in our division and those in the playoff hunt.

Logically speaking, I highly doubt we sweep a team that is currently 7-2. Would you not agree?

I agree with Skinsdad, it is a waste of time playing hypothetical games with you. You see the team winning every close game, catching every break, and you see Wentz bringing us the playoffs.

forget the records. If you are going by records how did the packers beat the Cowboys tonight? Yes, it will be nice if we can catch a break.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have won a lot of close games. We blew our close games against the titans and Vikes but won the Bears game. Cowboys will 9 or 10 wins. I think the 49ers lose tonight and I see them getting 8 or 9 wins on the season. Giants will win next week again the Lions but every game after that should be tough for them. They look like a 9-win team.
Giants are winning close games...that is true. They are 7-2 with games against the following:

Lions
WSH X 2
Eagles X 2
Cowboys
Colts
Vikings

You literally think they are only going to win only 2 of those games??? Really?
DAL is better than you think and they clearly had an unexpected loss today. DAL should beat WSH easily in Week 17.

SF is a better team than WSH and we play them in SF. Money should be on the 49ers. Bottom line is that the Giants, Cowboys and 49ers are better than us and I think you know that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forget the records. If you are going by records how did the packers beat the Cowboys tonight? Yes, it will be nice if we can catch a break.
It is a week-to-week league yes, but more than not, it is the consistent teams that generally win and advance in the playoffs.

Would you consider this team consistent? I am not saying it's impossible to make the playoffs, but you are literally the only person I have seen say that there is a path to the playoffs that makes logical sense.

If we forget the records, then we have to make assumptions about how good teams are. Do you literally believe we are better than Dallas, NYG, or the 49ers. Again, we aren't. DAL showed they are better than we are with Rush as the QB. Dak only makes them better.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the 7-2 giants will lose to us twice

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have won a lot of close games. We blew our close games against the titans and Vikes but won the Bears and Colts games. Cowboys will 9 or 10 wins. I think the 49ers lose tonight and I see them getting 8 or 9 wins on the season. Giants will win next week again the Lions but every game after that should be tough for them. They look like a 9-win team.
Well, you were wrong again.
49ers beat the Chargers.

49ers are 5-4 and have only 2 games against teams with winning records out of their last 8.

We are 4-5, about to be 4-6, and have 5 games out of 8 against teams with winning records. You droned on and on about ease of schedule in the offseason, as such, will you now admit that the 49ers have the inside track for that 7th spot?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the 7-2 giants will lose to us twice
It's wishful thinking on Dean's part.

He was focused on 11 wins in the offseason and did his mental math to make it work. That obviously isn't going to happen so he has revised his calculations to 9 wins. His formula has us sweeping the Giants for apparently no good reason. If we beat the Giants, I can assure you it has more to do with the Giants giving the game away more than WSH winning it. I believe a split is more likely; however, a sweep by the Giants would not shock me. Dean's pride is not allowing him to admit that the Giants are much improved from last year and that WSH is now the worst team in the division.

Dean's 49ers loss to the Chargers tonight must impact his final predictions somehow. He stated that the 49ers will get 8 or 9 wins. He claims the Giants will only get two more wins this season as well.

SF has to play only 2 teams with winning records in their final 8 games.
NYG have a favorable schedule to get to 10 wins easily. They have:

WSH x 2
Philly x 2
DET
DAL
INDY
Minny

Why he thinks they get only 2 more wins out of their remaining schedule is beyond me. Can it happen, yes, but it appears unlikely.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you were wrong again.
49ers beat the Chargers.

49ers are 5-4 and have only 2 games against teams with winning records out of their last 8.

We are 4-5, about to be 4-6, and have 5 games out of 8 against teams with winning records. You droned on and on about ease of schedule in the offseason, as such, will you now admit that the 49ers have the inside track for that 7th spot?

big win by SF last night. Who knows how it will play out. The schedule was supposed to be easy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's wishful thinking on Dean's part.

He was focused on 11 wins in the offseason and did his mental math to make it work. That obviously isn't going to happen so he has revised his calculations to 9 wins. His formula has us sweeping the Giants for apparently no good reason. If we beat the Giants, I can assure you it has more to do with the Giants giving the game away more than WSH winning it. I believe a split is more likely; however, a sweep by the Giants would not shock me. Dean's pride is not allowing him to admit that the Giants are much improved from last year and that WSH is now the worst team in the division.

Dean's 49ers loss to the Chargers tonight must impact his final predictions somehow. He stated that the 49ers will get 8 or 9 wins. He claims the Giants will only get two more wins this season as well.

SF has to play only 2 teams with winning records in their final 8 games.
NYG have a favorable schedule to get to 10 wins easily. They have:

WSH x 2
Philly x 2
DET
DAL
INDY
Minny

Why he thinks they get only 2 more wins out of their remaining schedule is beyond me. Can it happen, yes, but it appears unlikely.

i wasn't expecting the 49ers beating LAC last night. That is a huge win for them.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasn't expecting the 49ers beating LAC last night. That is a huge win for them.
I think the bottom line is that SF is better than we thought.

I thought LA was going to own the division and was clearly wrong. Shanahan is a great coach and they are continuing to build a good team out there in SF.

Playing SF in SF seems like a likely loss for WSH. They are more talented than we are and better coached.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottom line is that SF is better than we thought.

I thought LA was going to own the division and was clearly wrong. Shanahan is a great coach and they are continuing to build a good team out there in SF.

Playing SF in SF seems like a likely loss for WSH. They are more talented than we are and better coached.
I thought LAC would dominate this year. I agree. I was wrong. This is a crazy season.