• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought LAC would dominate this year. Iwas wrong.
I think it is 4-4 the rest of the way to get to 8-9. I can easily see a Giants sweep of WSH that would make the record 7-10.

Looks like the experts/Vegas were spot on with the team.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys as much as I dislike this , they are the commanders . I think naming them after the people that killed NA’s just shows the lack of self awareness our current owner lacks , but this is the commander team board .
I just read this ^^^^^ for the first time just now.

I hate the name Commanders and whether on this board or engaged in real life discussion. I will refer to them as the Skins unless of course I'm trying to make some point disparaging the name Commanders. So while I think its a bit of a stretch to say the people who killed the natives were commanders. Its funny in a fucked way and I just wanted to commend you on the lengths you went to to talk shit about the new name.

Well done, well done indeed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is 4-4 the rest of the way to get to 8-9. I can easily see a Giants sweep of WSH that would make the record 7-10.

Looks like the experts/Vegas were spot on with the team.

Its crazy but we were the most money for over bets on any NFL team. The Bears were the most money for under 6 wins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottom line is that SF is better than we thought.

I thought LA was going to own the division and was clearly wrong. Shanahan is a great coach and they are continuing to build a good team out there in SF.

Playing SF in SF seems like a likely loss for WSH. They are more talented than we are and better coached.

No one envisioned SF getting Cmac. It was a huge get.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one envisioned SF getting Cmac. It was a huge get.
Good teams make good decisions. That is something we simply don't have now obviously. A good GM will make all the difference.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams make good decisions. That is something we simply don't have now obviously. A good GM will make all the difference.

True, but basically SF has no picks in the draft after the Trey Lance and Cmac trades.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

plus you believe in building trough the draft so wouldn't you be flipping out right now if we gave up all those picks for cmac and Lance?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus you believe in building trough the draft so wouldn't you be flipping out right now if we gave up all those picks for cmac and Lance?
You kinda answered your own question. You said "building".

SF is NOT in a building phase...they are in a competing phase. Big difference.

We are in a building phase. Once you get to a competitive phase, draft picks are not as necessary and should be used to replenish. In the past 3 years, they have been to 2 Conference Championships and 1 Super Bowl. Needless to say, I think they know what they are doing right now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kinda answered your own question. You said "building".

SF is NOT in a building phase...they are in a competing phase. Big difference.

We are in a building phase. Once you get to a competitive phase, draft picks are not as necessary and should be used to replenish. In the past 3 years, they have been to 2 Conference Championships and 1 Super Bowl. Needless to say, I think they know what they are doing right now.

true but they gave up big draft capital to get a QB. They didnt know at the time that Grap would still be on the roster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but they gave up big draft capital to get a QB. They didnt know at the time that Grap would still be on the roster.
That is correct. I would think they would have made a different decision if they had a time machine.

That being said, I would love to thump my chest and say that the Commanders went to a Super Bowl and 2 Conference Championships in the past 3 years.

As such, I will give them a pass on the Lance draft pick. They have a great front office clearly and I hope we can secure something similar when the ownership change occurs.

I would not be surprised if its Philly and SF in the NFC Conference Championship again this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct. I would think they would have made a different decision if they had a time machine.

That being said, I would love to thump my chest and say that the Commanders went to a Super Bowl and 2 Conference Championships in the past 3 years.

As such, I will give them a pass on the Lance draft pick. They have a great front office clearly and I hope we can secure something similar when the ownership change occurs.

I would not be surprised if its Philly and SF in the NFC Conference Championship again this year.

Everyone is sleeping on TB. I believe Seattle will fall. Rams are a mess right now. They should win the division.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is sleeping on TB. I believe Seattle will fall. Rams are a mess right now. They should win the division.
Yup.

I got
East = Eagles
South = Bucs
West = 49ers
North = Vikings

WC:
Cowboys, Giants, Seattle

Seattle has the Raiders, Panthers, and Rams x 2. Should be able to get to 10 pretty easily.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

I got
East = Eagles
South = Bucs
West = 49ers
North = Vikings

WC:
Cowboys, Giants, Seattle

Seattle has the Raiders, Panthers, and Rams x 2. Should be able to get to 10 pretty easily.

If Stafford is playing maybe not. i agree with the Raiders and Panthers.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lance pick is still in question. If its works out though. No one will care about those draft picks. The Cmac move has some risk involved and I was a little surprised at how much Shanny gave up for a RB. Especially since it was his dad that pretty much started the RBs are a dime a dozen mindset currently running though the NFL. Its plain to see why Shanny would want Cmac. With his and Deebo they have multiple players that are dangerous on every front.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think they would have made a different decision if they had a time machine.
I dunno. It was just a month ago you n I were in agreement that Chicago fucked up big time acquiring Fields. He's on fire right now though. I don't know if he'll ever be a QB that can or should be passing 40 times a game, but since they played the Skins. Chicago has scored 33, 29, 32 n 30 points in their last 4 games n he's looked real good.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. It was just a month ago you n I were in agreement that Chicago fucked up big time acquiring Fields. He's on fire right now though. I don't know if he'll ever be a QB that can or should be passing 40 times a game, but since they played the Skins. Chicago has scored 33, 29, 32 n 30 points in their last 4 games n he's looked real good.
Fields is lighting it up...that much is true. Once they get him a better OLine and some additional weapons...he may be their answer.

Depending on how the 49ers finish, Grap might be their long-term answer. He seems to be their version of Cousins. In other words, they are looking for every way to insult him...yet...once gone, they will probably be sorry they were disrespectful and not realize what they had at the time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but all he has done is win and get them deep in the playoffs. Scratch that...he is their combo version of Alex Smith/Cousins. They seem to hate the way Grap wins and want a flashier QB...yet...they will kick and scream once he is gone.

In Rivera's defense, he "apparently" wanted Grap before Wentz. At this point, I see why he did and I agree with Rivera's observation for once. He denied it; however, he also lied to IMan's agent, so who knows what the truth actually is.

Wentz was NEVER going to be the answer...Grap could have been the answer. He appears to be for SF. We will obviously never know.

Does that make sense boss?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3