• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
commanders daily said it,s down to peters and cunningham with the choice coming after 2nd interviews for both.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes hopefully they are on the same page but if not, what happens? That would be discussed on draft strategy im saying if both GM and HC are one the same page of picking a QB at #2 overall.
Again, the GM makes the call Dean. I have said that a dozen times.

Someone must be in charge and have final authority. The GM will consult the assistant GM, scouting, and the coaches...but it's his decision.

I have been very clear in my opinion of this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the GM makes the call Dean. I have said that a dozen times.

Someone must be in charge and have final authority. The GM will consult the assistant GM, scouting, and the coaches...but it's his decision.

I have been very clear in my opinion of this.

i never said you haven't been clear.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC's have input of course you take it out of context. We will never know what happens when that pick is made. You are not isolating this situation. I want the guy who is calling the plays to have the players he wants to run his offense the way he wants. Not to roadblocks after jsut being hired.
Sounds like the coach centric model style to me.

To each their own.

A coach can want all they want but they arent talent evaluators. Rivers just proved that.

I hope you like and on board with the new front office. Sounds like you have concerns already.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said you haven't been clear.
Well then why did you ask me in post 4,298 what happens if the coach and GM are not on the same page?
Have I not been clear that the GM should be the final authority?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the coach centric model style to me.

To each their own.

A coach can want all they want but they arent talent evaluators. Rivers just proved that.

I hope you like and on board with the new front office. Sounds like you have concerns already.

no im happy with any new GM we get. If we do hire Johnson I just hope there isnt any conflict right of the bat with him and the GM.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no im happy with any new GM we get. If we do hire Johnson I just hope there isnt any conflict right of the bat with him and the GM.
Why do you keep referring to Johnson and maye? You make these connections and they make no sense.

If they hire Vrabel or Mcdonald, would you be happy?
Should Vrabel and Mcdonald be able to make the #2 pick as well?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep referring to Johnson and maye? You make these connections and they make no sense.

If they hire Vrabel or Mcdonald, would you be happy?
Should Vrabel and Mcdonald be able to make the #2 pick as well?

going for a defensive HC changes everything. Totally different situation. My favorite is Johnson, I will also like Vrabel and McDoanld. too

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going for a defensive HC changes everything. Totally different situation. My favorite is Johnson, I will also like Vrabel and McDoanld. too
Ok, I am confused but that is the norm with some of these discussions.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I am confused but that is the norm with some of these discussions.

of course, you are. Hiring Johnson, the offensive play caller makes a difference.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, you are. Hiring Johnson, the offensive play caller makes a difference.
Why are you dead set on Johnson? You are going to be upset if he isn't it.

And yes, it makes somewhat of a difference but you are advocating that Johnson can make draft selections while Vrabel and Mcdonald should not?

Can Bobby slowik make the draft pick as well?

The bottom line is that I support the traditional front office where the GM is in control and is the final authority.

By your own admission, you are a more coach centric supporter. You want a group decision that leans to the coach.

You still haven't answered the question about who makes the final decision on #2 pick if there is disagreement: Peters or the coach, Johnson for example.

Call me confused or take a dig, but I have been right I most all of our conversations and debates.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you dead set on Johnson? You are going to be upset if he isn't it.

And yes, it makes somewhat of a difference but you are advocating that Johnson can make draft selections while Vrabel and Mcdonald should not?

Can Bobby slowik make the draft pick as well?

The bottom line is that I support the traditional from office where the GM is in control and is the final authority.

By your own admission, you are a more coach centric supporter. You want a group decision that leans to the coach.

You still haven't answered the question about who makes the final decision on #2 pick if there is disagreement: Peters or the coach, Johnson for example.

Call me confused or take a dig, but I have been right I most all of our conversations and debates.

not dead set but he is my #1. Not upset if the isnt the guy. Its not coach centric if Peters goes to Johnson and says which QB you want to run your offense and Johnson picks his guy then Peters makes him the #2 pick. Being the offensive play caller, he should have more skin in the game when selecting a QB than Vrabel and McDonald. Thise guys are defensive guys.

No dig, If its Johnson he should get the QB he wants if the draft grade is the same at #2. Not the whole draft. Picking the franchise QB here. If we are giving Johnson a boat load of money to come here to run our new offense i want him to be happy with his new QB if it is going to be a Qb at #2. question answered.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not dead set but he is my #1. Not upset if the isnt the guy. Its not coach centric if Peters goes to Johnson and says which QB you want to run your offense and Johnson picks his guy then Peters makes him the #2 pick. Being the offensive play caller, he should have more skin in the game when selecting a QB than Vrabel and McDonald. Thise guys are defensive guys.

No dig, If its Johnson he should get the QB he wants if the draft grade is the same at #2. Not the whole draft. Picking the franchise QB here. If we are giving Johnson a boat load of money to come here to run our new offense i want him to be happy with his new QB if it is going to be a Qb at #2. question answered.
No, you actually didn't answer the question.
I asked if there was disagreement between Peters and the head coach...not if they had the same grade on a qb.

Example, peters and the scouts want williams.

Johnson wants maye.

Who makes the decision?

Very simple question.

It is coach centric if Johnson makes the pick. You even said that.
You have a history of supporting coaches make draft picks. You were on board with rivera until a month or so ago and wanted to have EB as an offensive GM. We argued at length about this. I don't know if you are on board with having a traditional GM given previous comments.

Hopefully the coach is Vrabel because he has won in the league.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you actually didn't answer the question.
I asked if there was disagreement between Peters and the head coach...not if they had the same grade on a qb.

Example, peters and the scouts want williams.

Johnson wants maye.

Who makes the decision?

Very simple question.

It is coach centric if Johnson makes the pick. You even said that.
You have a history of supporting coaches make draft picks. You were on board with rivera until a month or so ago and wanted to have EB as an offensive GM. We argued at length about this. I don't know if you are on board with having a traditional GM given previous comments.

Hopefully the coach is Vrabel because he has won in the league.

i would be fine with Vrabel. If Johnson is the coach and wants Maye, he should get him just like Casserly did to Norv Turner. It wasn't coach centric then and it wouldn't be now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be fine with Vrabel. If Johnson is the coach and wants Maye, he should get him just like Casserly did to Norv Turner. It wasn't coach centric then and it wouldn't be now.
Even though casserly made a mistake?

In your opinion, heath Shuler should have been picked again simply because norv turner wanted him.

Was it a mistake in your opinion? I thought it was widely accepted as a mistake. Apparently I am wrong.

It is coach centric if the coach overrides the GM like you previously stated and want.

Post 4,250 specifically says Johnson will pick maye.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though casserly made a mistake?

In your opinion, heath Shuler should have been picked again simply because norv turner wanted him.

Was it a mistake in your opinion? I thought it was widely accepted as a mistake. Apparently I am wrong.

It is coach centric if the coach overrides the GM like you previously stated and want.

Post 4,250 specifically says Johnson will pick maye.

IMO i think Johnson will pick Maye. I cant say that for a certainty. Casserly gave his new HC who calls the plays the QB he wanted. It didnt work out and Norv should have been fired over Casserly but that didnt happen. No i have no problem of giving your new HC want he wants IN THIS SITUAITON.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way it should run is this. The GM confers with the scouting director, HC, OC, and DC. The OC and DC know their systems and who fits and who doesn’t, while the scouting director knows the collegiate players, talents, and tape. The HC has to manage the O and D with the assistance of his coordinators. Ultimate choice goes down to the GM who takes all available information from the scouting department and coaches to make the decision.