• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good question to ask yourself Dean is what did Philly and Indy know that we don't know? Another question is why was WSH the only call the Colts got?

My last question is why have owners, coaches, and players come out against him publically? These are the questions I have tried to answer and I have no answer. If you look at the big picture and eliminate simple answers such as the owner having a meltdown or the fans hated him, there is and SHOULD be a very legitimate concern.

Can Wentz win here, yes, he can. Could any number of QBs win here, yes, they can. You oversimply things with this team.

Just because Wentz is better than TH doesn't automatically propel us into the playoff conversation.
Just because we have an easier schedule doesn't mean we make the playoffs.
Just because we might make the playoffs doesn't mean fans will return and that we have course corrected the entire organization.

It is ok to be positive, but it is not ok to be naive.

We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB. RR, wanted Wentz and was willing to overpay in draft picks to get him. RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team. ITs not a crazy statement b/c if we had Wentz last year instead of TH we win both those games against Philly and we make the playoffs as the 7th seed.

An easier schedule and good QB play could equal playoffs. That is how RR is seeing this. A home playoff game would be a sell out for the stadium. You are saying any number of QB's can win here, did TH? I believe no rookie or FA QB from this years off season would win here besides Wentz, Wilson, and Watson.

Fans want to win

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism is a decease in real debate . Homerism leads to naïveté

Now is wince better then falco ? Yes , but is that our standard in which we make a terrible trade ? Wince for a 3rd and I am in homerland wince for a 2nd and a 3rd and we take on the full salary and I say list trade

He could be a one year rental

The only thing in my mind that makes this a good trade is if he makes and wins the super bowl this year

I had playoffs with a draft pick , I had playoffs with another bad trade in CDC

This team is corrupt from all the way from the top . This team will is a criminal enterprise now and an immoral one to boot

The name change and all the BS this FO did is not worthy of anything at this point . It needs to be cleaned up and a few wins vs patsies with a combined 462 win % won’t change it

What!! We have to make the Super Bowl this year for it to be a good trade?? That is insane. No bias there. lol. He makes the playoffs its a good trade. If he just wins one playoff game its a great trade. OF all the QB's we traded for not one won a playoff game. So if Wentz does it, its a bad trade? Please!!!

What if Wentz puts up a good offensive season and the defense stinks and we miss the playoffs? In your mind its a bad trade?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a prediction. Get some balls.
Been there, done that and it has nothing to do with having balls, or did you forget about all of the dumb shit leveled at me this time last year? It's just not worth it from people who are blind because they want to see what isn't there. I have much better things to do with my time on this board than defending the truth from people who can't accept it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to defend Snyder, but I hope you’re not holding your breathe for this. We’ve all seen this liberal congresses playbook too many times. The redskins tore their “whistle blower” apart with their reply from what I heard
???

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take his stats from last year. No doubt. IF we are in a position to get into the playoffs in the final game, what is wrong with that?
It’s not enough for the picks we gave up , super bowl or the trade is a failure

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB. RR, wanted Wentz and was willing to overpay in draft picks to get him. RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team. ITs not a crazy statement b/c if we had Wentz last year instead of TH we win both those games against Philly and we make the playoffs as the 7th seed.

An easier schedule and good QB play could equal playoffs. That is how RR is seeing this. A home playoff game would be a sell out for the stadium. You are saying any number of QB's can win here, did TH? I believe no rookie or FA QB from this years off season would win here besides Wentz, Wilson, and Watson.

Fans want to win
I don’t care how RR sees it . And judging by his late season collapse saying wince beat any team with certainly with the playoffs on the line is just plain delusional

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What!! We have to make the Super Bowl this year for it to be a good trade?? That is insane. No bias there. lol. He makes the playoffs its a good trade. If he just wins one playoff game its a great trade. OF all the QB's we traded for not one won a playoff game. So if Wentz does it, its a bad trade? Please!!!

What if Wentz puts up a good offensive season and the defense stinks and we miss the playoffs? In your mind its a bad trade?
If your standards are that low then fine , you accept avg all you want but giving up 2 high draft picks for a measily playoff game is stupid

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picks, We ended up getting a 3rd ronder this year in a trade down. So Wentz stands us a 2nd rounder. So why isnt giving up a 2nd rounder worth getting into the playoffs?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks, We ended up getting a 3rd ronder this year in a trade down. So Wentz stands us a 2nd rounder. So why isnt giving up a 2nd rounder worth getting into the playoffs?
Giving up a potential starter who can contribute to many years of playoffs is worth a jag choker

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your standards are that low then fine , you accept avg all you want but giving up 2 high draft picks for a measily playoff game is stupid

A playoff win is low standard? That will do wonders for the fans. We didn't give up high picks. We ended up getting a 3rd rounder back and a 2nd rounder is nothing for a QB who can win.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A playoff win is low standard? That will do wonders for the fans. We didn't give up high picks. We ended up getting a 3rd rounder back and a 2nd rounder is nothing for a QB who can win.
It did 2 years ago when you said the same thing , yet people quit coming in droves

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fans want to win
Dude, make up your mind, please!! Or at least stop displaying and defending the contradictions/nonsense made by this organization.

1. "We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB."
Re: So they ended up with Wince and are still in need of a QB! (Not hating...fact!)

2. "RR, wanted Wentz and was willing to overpay in draft picks to get him."
Re: A firable move that theoretically doesn't improve your team by much and you hurt his team's so-called "rebuild." as outlined by him over the prior two years.

3. "RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team."
Re: Both the Eagles and Colts believed that they were a QB away from being playoff teams, so he ignores that they were convinced that he's not the QB needed?

4. "ITs not a crazy statement b/c if we had Wentz last year instead of TH we win both those games against Philly."
Re: You're assuming wins without evidence, but to be fair to you, how is it that you don't assume losses in games won last year? Perhaps the less cautious Wince throws the pick, or fumbles in games in which the more cautious Heinicke does not. Since we're assuming why not that too?

5. "An easier schedule and good QB play could equal playoffs. That is how RR is seeing this.
Re: So his vision of a player who will give him "good QB play is Carson Farkin' Wince? Since you continually insist on this team "making the playoff" ok, once again, I'll try to be fair to you and ask.. do you find it acceptable for an HC to have a singular goal of making the playoffs? (Sounds like a job-saving tactic to me)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the stated goal of "rebuilding through the draft?" Has the 5-year rebuild plan been scuttled?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, make up your mind, please!! Or at least stop displaying and defending the contradictions/nonsense made by this organization.

1. "We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB."
Re: So they ended up with Wince and are still in need of a QB! (Not hating...fact!)

2. "RR, wanted Wentz and was willing to overpay in draft picks to get him."
Re: A firable move that theoretically doesn't improve your team by much and you hurt his team's so-called "rebuild." as outlined by him over the prior two years.

3. "RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team."
Re: Both the Eagles and Colts believed that they were a QB away from being playoff teams, so he ignores that they were convinced that he's not the QB needed?

4. "ITs not a crazy statement b/c if we had Wentz last year instead of TH we win both those games against Philly."
Re: You're assuming wins without evidence, but to be fair to you, how is it that you don't assume losses in games won last year? Perhaps the less cautious Wince throws the pick, or fumbles in games in which the more cautious Heinicke does not. Since we're assuming why not that too?

5. "An easier schedule and good QB play could equal playoffs. That is how RR is seeing this.
Re: So his vision of a player who will give him "good QB play is Carson Farkin' Wince? Since you continually insist on this team "making the playoff" ok, once again, I'll try to be fair to you and ask.. do you find it acceptable for an HC to have a singular goal of making the playoffs? (Sounds like a job-saving tactic to me)

1. Needing a QB is not a fact. What if Wentz does well?
2. RR will not be fired
3. Different team and situation. Very possible we can be a playoff team this year.
4. Comparing Wentz to TH is just hilarious.
5. I find it acceptable for a HC who wants to win.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a possible QB that is nothing.
Finally, I agree with you!!

That trade for a possible answer at QB would have been the right thing to do, unfortunately, all we got was...

1652367234639.png

A twice failed QB, who through hubris alone RR believes that he knows how to get from him what others much better qualified could not? Gee thanks!