• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the falcons had 2 primetime games one in london and one on thursday nite football last season dean

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the falcons had 2 primetime games one in london and one on thursday nite football last season dean

My bad I missed the Thursday night one. I dont consider London primetime and I cant find the rule that every team has to be on a prime-time game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we get a Monday night game against the Eagles or Colts that would be b/c of Wentz. That is the whole point here

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we get a Monday night game against the Eagles or Colts that would be b/c of Wentz. That is the whole point here
the eagles are a division rival dean and we have had many prime time games with the eagles wince doesnt figure into it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles are a division rival dean and we have had many prime time games with the eagles wince doesnt figure into it

where is the rule that everyone gets a primetime game?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found something. If you count the Europe games then everyone gets a primetime game. I dont count Europe as primetime being its not America and its not on at night. Im guess we get 1 Sunday night and 1 Monday night this year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is a double dipper. It is a division rival and the team that Wentz was drafted by and played for the longest.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c Irsay called out Wentz and said he was the reason why they didn't make the playoffs. So that should motivate Wentz for this game. You know that week there will be bulletin board material. Same for the Eagles games.

Last year means nothing with a new QB at the helm. If the teams wins, you will see more fans.
Irsay was right about that game. Wentz lost the game, we all know that.

Not sure Wentz will be motivated to win that game. He was the #2 overall pick and has not been "motivated" since then. The Eagles dumping Wentz did NOT motivate him last year.

I think YOU care more about those "revenge" games than the Commanders, fans, and coaches. There is no drama with it. Sty is right, we have the least supported team in the NFL, yet, you think the NFL will do us a favor with a "revenge game" broadcast. We are a poor to mediocre team that NOBODY cares about. We have the worst owner in all professional sports and you fail to understand that.

Why would we see more fans? We need to continue the trend of rejecting Snyder until he sells the team. Lining up and attending the games is the worst thing we can do. The owner is under investigation for withholding funds from other NFL teams and fostering an environment of harassment. I hope our attendance this year plummets again until Snyder is forced out. We can support the team in silence and at a distance until he is gone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay was right about that game. Wentz lost the game, we all know that.

Not sure Wentz will be motivated to win that game. He was the #2 overall pick and has not been "motivated" since then. The Eagles dumping Wentz did NOT motivate him last year.

I think YOU care more about those "revenge" games than the Commanders, fans, and coaches. There is no drama with it. Sty is right, we have the least supported team in the NFL, yet, you think the NFL will do us a favor with a "revenge game" broadcast. We are a poor to mediocre team that NOBODY cares about. We have the worst owner in all professional sports and you fail to understand that.

Why would we see more fans? We need to continue the trend of rejecting Snyder until he sells the team. Lining up and attending the games is the worst thing we can do. The owner is under investigation for withholding funds from other NFL teams and fostering an environment of harassment. I hope our attendance this year plummets again until Snyder is forced out. We can support the team in silence and at a distance until he is gone.

I dont think the Eagles played the Colts last year. I meant motivation for playing your old team a year later. After what Irsay said about Wentz, if he is not motivated against the Colts game then I don't know what will motivate him. I never disagreed that Wentz lost the game at JAx. I know we have a bad owner. When did I ever stick up for this owner?

There is still a fan base here and winning solves everything. I don't think attendance will plummet if we are winning.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Eagles played the Colts last year. I meant motivation for playing your old team a year later. After what Irsay said about Wentz, if he is not motivated against the Colts game then I don't know what will motivate him. I never disagreed that Wentz lost the game at JAx. I know we have a bad owner. When did I ever stick up for this owner?

There is still a fan base here and winning solves everything. I don't think attendance will plummet if we are winning.
Keep telling yourself winning solves everything . It doesn’t

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to take issue with "Wentz lost the game." There weren't 40+ other players for the Colts on the field? It is fair to say he didn't play well but not "he" lost the game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c Irsay called out Wentz and said he was the reason why they didn't make the playoffs. So that should motivate Wentz for this game. You know that week there will be bulletin board material. Same for the Eagles games.

Last year means nothing with a new QB at the helm. If the teams wins, you will see more fans.
Even though you completely avoided the question, I'm going to persist.

If making the playoffs where you add extra money and qualify for a possible SB title didn't motivate him, how do you justify your point that a regular season prime time game is a greater motivator than, more money and possible title run.

By your reasoning, let's win the prime time game or games and completely miss the playoffs...correct??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though you completely avoided the question, I'm going to persist.

If making the playoffs where you add extra money and qualify for a possible SB title didn't motivate him, how do you justify your point that a regular season prime time game is a greater motivator than, more money and possible title run.

By your reasoning, let's win the prime time game or games and completely miss the playoffs...correct??

No, No come on now sty. Irsay called him out In January, so its common sense he would be pissed when he plays his team this year. I cant wait to hear what our team says about Wentz this year in the locker room.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shut that bogus narrative down

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No come on now sty. Irsay called him out In January, so its common sense he would be pissed when he plays his team this year. I cant wait to hear what our team says about Wentz this year in the locker room.
Did it ever occur to you that instead of a motivation, Irsay's commentary might work the other way because Wince knows all of the things said about him are...(drumroll please)... TRUE??!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it ever occur to you that instead of a motivation, Irsay's commentary might work the other way because Wince knows all of the things said about him are...(drumroll please)... TRUE??!!

lol. So you are expecting a total crash and burn season from Wentz this year?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is the problem. Why will anything change until the fans stop the money flow to Snyder? Attendance should continue to plummet regardless if we win or not until Snyder is gone. I do not think you are understanding that point. You claim to disapprove of Snyder yet you keep saying "the fans will come back if we win". What are you advocating? Do you want to win and continue to keep Snyder in charge? Things have to hit rock bottom before real change will occur. We need attendance to drop to nothing so he is FORCED out We shouldn't be praying for the fans to come back. I want the fans to disappear to be honest.

Are we supposed to ignore what is going on in Congress and ignore the disaster on the field over the past 20+ years? Winning doesn't solve everything.