• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders News thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, I agree with you!!

That trade for a possible answer at QB would have been the right thing to do, unfortunately, all we got was...

View attachment 296193

A twice failed QB, who through hubris alone RR believes that he knows how to get from him what others much better qualified could not? Gee thanks!

lol wow you hate this guy. So you don't think its possible to revive his career or be a good player for us? Fine, that is your opinion. You feel he has no shot all to be a good QB for us. I respect that you made a strong opinion about this matter. We will see what happens

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB. RR, wanted Wentz and was willing to overpay in draft picks to get him. RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team. ITs not a crazy statement b/c if we had Wentz last year instead of TH we win both those games against Philly and we make the playoffs as the 7th seed.

An easier schedule and good QB play could equal playoffs. That is how RR is seeing this. A home playoff game would be a sell out for the stadium. You are saying any number of QB's can win here, did TH? I believe no rookie or FA QB from this years off season would win here besides Wentz, Wilson, and Watson.

Fans want to win

We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB:
That doesn't make sense. You mean to tell me that HOU, PITT, CAR, SEA, and NYG are NOT in need of a QB? Ask yourself Dean, why were we the only team that called Indy when other teams were in need as well? There wasn't even a bidding war here.

RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team:
That doesn't mean a lot. This is a coach who has 3 winning seasons in 11 total seasons. He is 0-2 here in Washington. What has he done to prove that he knows what he is doing? I know you are "loyal" to coaches. Quite frankly, he is a poor coach statistically speaking. Bottom line, he is not the expert you think. He was actually fired mid-season by CAR due to his lack of progress as a coach.

If we had Wentz last year, we win both games against Philly:
I have debunked this with facts, so it's not worth my time. Sty gave a great explanation here. Your logic is flawed here Dean. You are LITERALLY the only one who believes this and you are desperate.

A home playoff game would be a sell-out for the stadium:
Based off what? Feeling and emotion? How can we go from the worst team for fan attendance to selling out? Think about what you are saying.

Questions for Dean:

1. If we truly are a QB away from winning, and are set with talent, why did Wilson and Watson not even consider coming here? Why do MVP type QBs seem to disagree with Rivera's idea of being "a QB away"?

2. Philly had the #12 ranked offense with Hurts as QB. If Wentz can win with the #23rd ranked offense in WSH, why didn't Philly jump in and re-acquire Wentz? Surely Wentz could help get Philly a division title if they simply need improved QB play right? If Wentz is better than Hurts, why didn't Philly admit to the mistake and come crawling back to Wentz? They are already a playoff team.

3. If Wentz can win with a poor offense/team in WSH and turn them around, why are the experts claiming the Colts are now better off with an aging Matt Ryan? CBS has them as the AFC South favorites? Is CBS wrong here? Why does the NFL community feel Ryan is an upgrade over Wentz?

4. Lastly, if Rivera has done a "good job" with what he has, why aren't other teams trying to court him and help them turn around their organizations as well? The faith you have in him would make me believe that owners must sense that to right? There were 8 openings in the NFL for 2022, if Rivera is a miracle worker, why weren't teams banging down the door to speak with him?

One side remark, why is making the playoffs such a trigger for you? Making the playoffs in 2020 did NOTHING for this team. Why would a 2022 playoff birth be different and energize the team? Most teams don't have a goal of simply "making the playoffs". It's just weird that you have such an obsession with that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB:
That doesn't make sense. You mean to tell me that HOU, PITT, CAR, SEA, and NYG are NOT in need of a QB? Ask yourself Dean, why were we the only team that called Indy when other teams were in need as well? There wasn't even a bidding war here.

RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team:
That doesn't mean a lot. This is a coach who has 3 winning seasons in 11 total seasons. He is 0-2 here in Washington. What has he done to prove that he knows what he is doing? I know you are "loyal" to coaches. Quite frankly, he is a poor coach statistically speaking. Bottom line, he is not the expert you think. He was actually fired mid-season by CAR due to his lack of progress as a coach.

If we had Wentz last year, we win both games against Philly:
I have debunked this with facts, so it's not worth my time. Sty gave a great explanation here. Your logic is flawed here Dean. You are LITERALLY the only one who believes this and you are desperate.

A home playoff game would be a sell-out for the stadium:
Based off what? Feeling and emotion? How can we go from the worst team for fan attendance to selling out? Think about what you are saying.

Questions for Dean:

1. If we truly are a QB away from winning, and are set with talent, why did Wilson and Watson not even consider coming here? Why do MVP type QBs seem to disagree with Rivera's idea of being "a QB away"?

2. Philly had the #12 ranked offense with Hurts as QB. If Wentz can win with the #23rd ranked offense in WSH, why didn't Philly jump in and re-acquire Wentz? Surely Wentz could help get Philly a division title if they simply need improved QB play right? If Wentz is better than Hurts, why didn't Philly admit to the mistake and come crawling back to Wentz? They are already a playoff team.

3. If Wentz can win with a poor offense/team in WSH and turn them around, why are the experts claiming the Colts are now better off with an aging Matt Ryan? CBS has them as the AFC South favorites? Is CBS wrong here? Why does the NFL community feel Ryan is an upgrade over Wentz?

4. Lastly, if Rivera has done a "good job" with what he has, why aren't other teams trying to court him and help them turn around their organizations as well? The faith you have in him would make me believe that owners must sense that to right? There were 8 openings in the NFL for 2022, if Rivera is a miracle worker, why weren't teams banging down the door to speak with him?

One side remark, why is making the playoffs such a trigger for you? Making the playoffs in 2020 did NOTHING for this team. Why would a 2022 playoff birth be different and energize the team? Most teams don't have a goal of simply "making the playoffs". It's just weird that you have such an obsession with that.

1. we werent in the Watson race from what I believe. You already know my thoughts about Wilson.
2. thats insane
3. Its an opinion that they believe Ryan is better than Wentz. I already posted a poll of fans who would rather have Wentz than Ryan. We have been through this.
4. No comment on this. another crazy point

I want to see this team win. Step 1 is making the playoffs. I believe Wentz can win here. You just cant accept that, so be it. You already admitted that Wentz can win here. Or did I get that wrong?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, make up your mind, please!! Or at least stop displaying and defending the contradictions/nonsense made by this organization.

1. "We were probably the only call b/c we were desperate to get a QB."
Re: So they ended up with Wince and are still in need of a QB! (Not hating...fact!)

2. "RR, wanted Wentz and was willing to overpay in draft picks to get him."
Re: A firable move that theoretically doesn't improve your team by much and you hurt his team's so-called "rebuild." as outlined by him over the prior two years.

3. "RR believes we are a QB away from being a playoff team."
Re: Both the Eagles and Colts believed that they were a QB away from being playoff teams, so he ignores that they were convinced that he's not the QB needed?

4. "ITs not a crazy statement b/c if we had Wentz last year instead of TH we win both those games against Philly."
Re: You're assuming wins without evidence, but to be fair to you, how is it that you don't assume losses in games won last year? Perhaps the less cautious Wince throws the pick, or fumbles in games in which the more cautious Heinicke does not. Since we're assuming why not that too?

5. "An easier schedule and good QB play could equal playoffs. That is how RR is seeing this.
Re: So his vision of a player who will give him "good QB play is Carson Farkin' Wince? Since you continually insist on this team "making the playoff" ok, once again, I'll try to be fair to you and ask.. do you find it acceptable for an HC to have a singular goal of making the playoffs? (Sounds like a job-saving tactic to me)
I think the fanbase is so desperate that some cling to any sign of hope. We are literally putting our trust in Rivera and Wentz. Both of which have been booted from previous organizations and have proven nothing.

The fans apparently feel we have struck gold and that we are smarter than everyone else. Sad...

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. we werent in the Watson race from what I believe. You already know my thoughts about Wilson.
2. thats insane
3. Its an opinion that they believe Ryan is better than Wentz. I already posted a poll of fans who would rather have Wentz than Ryan. We have been through this.
4. No comment on this. another crazy point

I want to see this team win. Step 1 is making the playoffs. I believe Wentz can win here. You just cant accept that, so be it. You already admitted that Wentz can win here. Or did I get that wrong?

1. Waston told the Texans who he preferred to be traded to and was heavily involved. We weren't in the picture per Watson himself. Is Watson an idiot for not wanting to play for our amazing organization?
2. Why is it insane? Let me make it simple for you. Did Philly and Indy make mistakes by trading Wentz? If Wentz is a possible long-term QB for WSH, could he have been for Philly and Indy? Can you please admit Philly and Indy made mistakes?
3. So is Indy, CBS, and other outlets all idiots for this? I could NOT care less about what WSH fans think. We are notorious for having ignorant fans. We are NOT respected in the NFL community period.
4. So you are running from the question and can't even answer?

I honestly have NO clue why you have absolute, unquestionable loyalty to Rivera and Wentz and trying to understand. This organization does NO wrong according to you and we have some of the best players in the NFL apparently. You yourself even questioned why Wilson would not want to come here, yet, Wilson and every other fan clearly knows the answer.

If Wentz is the missing piece, why do other fans in the league feel this? My phone blew up the day of the trade with "I'm sorry" texts. I guess they are all idiots and should be shivering in their boots now that Wentz is in charge!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Needing a QB is not a fact. What if Wentz does well?
2. RR will not be fired
3. Different team and situation. Very possible we can be a playoff team this year.
4. Comparing Wentz to TH is just hilarious.
5. I find it acceptable for a HC who wants to win.
OK, let's play your "what if" game.

1. Needing a QB is not a fact. What if Wentz does well?... What if, which is most likely, he doesn't do so as consistently as needed?

2. RR will not be fired... Never can tell with Dan-o, but considering how long Bruce Allen played him for a fool, it should be easy for RR.

3. Different team and situation. Very possible we can be a playoff team this year. An equal or greater possibility that they won't get a wild card spot.

4. Comparing Wentz to TH is just hilarious.
So who's comparing? Isn't it factually true that for all of Wince's physical tools, there's a very negative offset because of his head? It is YOU who insists that Wince is better than Heinicke, which is physically true. We cannot say the same thing about their mental game. (Heinicke is better)

5. I find it acceptable for a HC who wants to win. Of course, you do! Let's hope that you can appreciate the differences between a coach who wants to win and a coach who wants to win SB's.

The results are interesting because one limits greatness (wants to win) the other opens the door to it. (wants to win SBs)
(Jim Mora, Dennis Green, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, George Allen, Ron Rivera, et.al does not equal Bill Belichick, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Joe Gibbs et.al)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fanbase is so desperate that some cling to any sign of hope. We are literally putting our trust in Rivera and Wentz. Both of which have been booted from previous organizations and have proven nothing.

The fans apparently feel we have struck gold and that we are smarter than everyone else. Sad...
I agree, Rivera's claim to fame since coming to Washington is making it to a playoff game. Yeah, let's focus on that instead of the 7-9 record in the worse division that qualified his team.

Wince, claim to fame since coming to Washington is that he supposedly "better" than Taylor Heinicke! Physically, I would agree, but Wince is prone to making those game-killing mistakes, misreads, and mental errors, that weren't part of Heinicke's game. Truthfully, if Heinicke had the physical talents, Wince wouldn't be here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks, We ended up getting a 3rd ronder this year in a trade down. So Wentz stands us a 2nd rounder. So why isnt giving up a 2nd rounder worth getting into the playoffs?
God we could have made the trade down dean AND Still had the additional picks we already had

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God we could have made the trade down dean AND Still had the additional picks we already had

I understand that. Just want out point out that we still selected a player in the 3rd round.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wow you hate this guy. So you don't think its possible to revive his career or be a good player for us? Fine, that is your opinion. You feel he has no shot all to be a good QB for us. I respect that you made a strong opinion about this matter. We will see what happens
I don't hate!
I think that Wince has been given ample opportunity to "revive" his career which is not an opinion, nor is it an opinion to state that he's waited until now, in Washington to do so as you seem to state. I've never stated that he has "no shot at all to be a good QB for us," I question the use of the word "good" when you use it. Last year at this time, I was the subject of similar objection for daring to suggest that this was a 5-win team 7 if they got lucky...well they got lucky!! So, in very similar ways you're experiencing the same thing that I did without the ridicule. Far be it from me to do anything other than be respectful of your opinions.

However, I must ask at this point, are you employed in any capacity by...

The Washington Commanders
Main Telephone(703) 726-7000
Primary Address
21300 R_ _ _ _ _ _ s Park Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
USA

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. Just want out point out that we still selected a player in the 3rd round.
Which. Is why getting MM , TH or MT would have been just as good as all can get us 7-9 wins and we would have had the picks to get more talent in

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate!
I think that Wince has been given ample opportunity to "revive" his career which is not an opinion, nor is it an opinion to state that he's waited until now, in Washington to do so as you seem to state. I've never stated that he has "no shot at all to be a good QB for us," I question the use of the word "good" when you use it. Last year at this time, I was the subject of similar objection for daring to suggest that this was a 5-win team 7 if they got lucky...well they got lucky!! So, in very similar ways you're experiencing the same thing that I did without the ridicule. Far be it from me to do anything other than be respectful of your opinions.

However, I must ask at this point, are you employed in any capacity by...

The Washington Commanders
Main Telephone(703) 726-7000
Primary Address
21300 R_ _ _ _ _ _ s Park Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
USA

We got lucky last year? We lost QB1 in Week 1. Plus all the other injuries that factored in last season. You have the stones to say we were lucky last year? WOW. Who do you work for the Cowboys? Trying to evaluate this team from last year after all the crap we went through. That is hate!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which. Is why getting MM , TH or MT would have been just as good as all can get us 7-9 wins and we would have had the picks to get more talent in
I disagree

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got lucky last year? We lost QB1 in Week 1. Plus all the other injuries that factored in last season. You have the stones to say we were lucky last year? WOW. Who do you work for the Cowboys?
How long are you going to cling to the fact that fitz has a severely low career win record as some sort of difference maker ? Falco was better then fitz could have hoped to be .

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the cap room to improve other facets of the team. We could have lept IMan and signed a MLB and Mathieu with the cap.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got lucky last year? We lost QB1 in Week 1. Plus all the other injuries that factored in last season. You have the stones to say we were lucky last year? WOW. Who do you work for the Cowboys? Trying to evaluate this team from last year after all the crap we went through. That is hate!
YEP! got real lucky! Games against the Giants and Raiders come to mind. I now have the stones because I called this over a year ago. the results are indisputable! Even after I wrote this, I said that Fitz wouldn't take a snap for this team (missed it by 16 snaps) I never changed my prediction about 5 wins (7 if they got lucky) If you want evidence, here ya go! (Check out the dates!!)

1652379398985.png

1652379424261.png