• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coming up... games that actually matter! (2019 CFB season guide)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Blitz's Bakery" gimmick in the game "Bingo Blitz" is over. But coming soon will be games that'll actually matter! That's right. it's time for 5 months of preening, overhype, and prayers that Alabama will crash and burn!

So... yeah, I guess that means college football is on it's way.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1- Top 10 Games (Part 1: August 24th through 30th)

You're probably wondering "Why is this guy doing a countdown right now? And on the 2nd post on this thread, no less?". Well starting on Wednesday, me and the family will be having a vacation in the Pacific Northwest and some parts of British Columbia. And I most likely won't be back on here until the 29th... when I'll be too tired to type up a long post.

Oh, and they'll also be a BIG game going on while I'm away, so that's why I'm taking care of the early games right now. Let's start off the first week of the CFB season with...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2019 Week 1 (Part 1: The early games)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Florida International @ Tulane [8:00 August 29th, ESPN3 and the ESPN App] (Here's a sneakily good game for all of you southern football fans. Tulane is off it's first bowl win since 2002, while FIU actually has real expectations entering a season. It's Miami vs. New Orleans in this clash at Yulman Stadium.)

9. Wisconsin @ USF [7:00 August 30th, ESPN] (Mojo will be the theme of this game. As in, which one of these two teams will regain some positive mojo after losing a lot of it last year? USF's new offense will be tested here. Ditto for Wisconsin's new QB.)

8. Utah State @ Wake Forest [8:00 August 30th, ACC Network] (Utah State has a retread [Gary Andersen] as their head coach, and a strong QB in Jordan Love. That's the stuff Wake Forest is expecting in their opener. It's the fear of the unknown that might cause an upset and a Wake loss; what are all of those new Aggie players going to be able to do here?)

7. Purdue @ Nevada [9:30 August 30th, CBS Sports Network] (And speaking of new players, Purdue will have a lot of new faces on their offense when they travel to Reno for their opener. To me, this one is all about the defensive fronts; if Purdue's is able to get to Nevada's new QB, that'll bode well for the Boilermakers. But what if Nevada's defense does the same thing?)

6. Georgia Tech @ Clemson [8:00 August 29th, ACC Network] (There it is! The first big thing that the new ACC Network will be doing, and it should be fun to see Clemson's championship celebration on the new stage for the ACC. But this is all about Georgia Tech; how their new offense operates will decide if this game turns into a snoozefest or not.)

5. Colorado State vs. Colorado [10:00 August 30th, ESPN] (Apologies to Georgia Tech @ Clemson, but this rivalry game just looks more competitive to me right now. Colorado has won 4 in a row over their biggest in-state rivals, and they would just LOVE to make it 5 in a row for their new head coach.)

4. Oklahoma State @ Oregon State [10:30 August 30th, FOX Sports 1] (Look. Oregon State may stink again this year, but the Beavers don't know that yet. And that's especially true on the Beaver offense, where all they need is a good QB to make it run. That could spell trouble for a Cowboys team that's looking to rebound after taking a step back last year.)

3. UCLA @ Cincinnati [7:00 August 29th, ESPN] (Now we're on to the heavyweights! We all know what happened last year when Cincinnati visited the Bruins in Pasadena: Cincy stunned the Bruins, and went on to have a proud season while UCLA fell to a 3-9 record. Now let's see if Chip Kelly has the tools on offense to return the favor. That won't be easy to do with Desmond Ridder and Michael Warren III raring to go for the Bearcats.)

2. UCLA @ BYU [10:15 August 29th, ESPN] (Oh, and stick around for the nightcap on ESPN, because they'll have a proud rivalry game called the "Holy War" featuring Utah and BYU. And silly ol' me believes that Utah can make the CFP this year! That probably means that Zach Wilson and the BYU offense will stun Utah's defense, mainly because BYU will be desperate to snap a 8-game losing streak in this rivalry.)

1. Florida vs. Miami {from Orlando, FL} [7:00 this Saturday, ESPN] (Well, whataya know? The first game on the FBS schedule for 2019 is one of the biggest games on the Week 1 slate! These infrequent rivals will meet up on a sweaty night in Orlando, and both Miami and Florida are seeking a landmark win here. But this is Manny Diaz's 1st-ever game as a head coach, and what a tough way to start a career! I really hope his choice of QB's [Jarren Williams] works out...)

...and I'm done! I'm now off to start packing, and I hope to see everyone tomorrow.