• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Feaster ‏@therealjfeaster Congrats to #Flames players, coaches, FANS, Brad Treliving, CC, Brad Paschal! And a big THANK YOU to all #Flames fans who've tweeted at me!

/Somebody is conspicious by their absence in the tweet above (lol)
Would you be referring to a tie-less, long-haired, sweaty, red-faced, whiskey-breathed blowhard by any chance?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made his share of mistakes (the "ROR" offer sheet fiasco stands out the most), but Jay Feaster was responsible for building a large part of the curent core of this team. Monahan, Gaudreau, Hudler, Wideman, Russell, Colborne, Jooris, Granlund, Ramo all were either drafted by Feaster or acquired through trades and/or signings. Also, he's been a pretty big Flames fan this season as evidenced by this tweet:

Jay Feaster ‏@therealjfeaster Congrats to #Flames players, coaches, FANS, Brad Treliving, CC, Brad Paschal! And a big THANK YOU to all #Flames fans who've tweeted at me!

/Somebody is conspicious by their absence in the tweet above (lol)

Would you be referring to a tie-less, long-haired, sweaty, red-faced, whiskey-breathed blowhard by any chance?

aka the guy who will be taking credit for the bold at some point

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Sam Bennett will play his first NHL game tomorrow against Winnipeg - Provides an opportunity to rest someone.

/Might as well give Wotherspoon a chance on defense as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Sam Bennett will play his first NHL game tomorrow against Winnipeg - Provides an opportunity to rest someone.

/Might as well give Wotherspoon a chance on defense as well.

home ice still up for grabs. if we lose and you win its the flames. going to be a meaningful night

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Canucks lose to the Oilers, I'll gladly sport a Oilers related avatar until the Canucks - Flames series kicks off.

asshole

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Friedman on 960

it would be a surprise if Gillies goes back for his senior year
everyone he has talked to says Gillies is ready to go pro and the Flames will be happy to have him

He let in a McSoftie for the first Terries goal in the NCAA championship game, but was durn good for the rest of the game (including a big save in the final minute to perserve the win).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Friedman on 960

it would be a surprise if Gillies goes back for his senior year
everyone he has talked to says Gillies is ready to go pro and the Flames will be happy to have him

He let in a McSoftie for the first Terries goal in the NCAA championship game, but was durn good for the rest of the game (including a big save in the final minute to perserve the win).
Just keep in mind the last goaler Burke signed outta college:

BenScrivens-POTW.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Oh boy - I just read your Burke history as Leafs GM, yikes those are bad moves. As you have stated though, maybe he's learned from his mistakes in Toronto.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Oh boy - I just read your Burke history as Leafs GM, yikes those are bad moves. As you have stated though, maybe he's learned from his mistakes in Toronto.
Less than two years in Calgary and he's already done something he couldn't do in 5 in Toronto - make the playoffs.

I'm more convinced than ever we were a god damn test tube.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames have indeed inked Providence goalie Jon Gillies to a 3 year ELC and he will join the team in Vancouver as the 3rd goalie (I think that likely means that Ortio is being sent down to Addy).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Millions @RogMillions
Hearing Jon Gillies is in Vancouver to watch #Flames in the playoffs. Good learning opportunity.

If that is indeed the case, it sounds like Gillies contract doesn't start until next season and no Flames roster moves are required.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Hiller or Ramo? Methinks Karri is going to go to July 1st and see how much he's going to get paaaaaaaid, but I think I'd rather see what I could get for Jonas Hiller and try to re-sign Ramo. Should be interesting.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Hiller or Ramo? Methinks Karri is going to go to July 1st and see how much he's going to get paaaaaaaid, but I think I'd rather see what I could get for Jonas Hiller and try to re-sign Ramo. Should be interesting.

Andersson, Ramo, holtby, crawford all not big ticket guys winning. the price of goalies will go down I imagine. We are stuck with $6M Miller for 2 years Id rather have a Ramo/Lack combo

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to run with Ramo/Ortio (love me those Finnish goalies) and let Jon Gillies get plenty of games down in Stockton until he's ready for full-time NHL duty.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to run with Ramo/Ortio (love me those Finnish goalies) and let Jon Gillies get plenty of games down in Stockton until he's ready for full-time NHL duty.

What would Jonas Hiller's trade value be? I'd imagine the Flames would probably like to get a top six type forward if they can