• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly does a special advisor to a GM do?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I no longer subscribe to The Athletic, but there's a story about Sutter and the Flames today...

That loss was the beginning of a seven-game skid, and Sutter’s berating and erratic behavior increased. By November, the team became aware of an incident in which he was alleged to have made physical contact with a player on the bench during a game, according to three league sources, who were granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the matter. Players and staff members were interviewed about the alleged incident. According to multiple league sources, the player told his teammates he did not find the contact to have crossed a line and did not want to see the matter escalated. (The player did not return The Athletic’s request to speak with him).

Sutter, in a text message, denied the allegation. “Pretty clear that everyone that knows me (knows) that none of that is true, disappointing to hear,” he wrote. He declined to comment further about his time in Calgary. But added: “Flames are good hockey club, missed playoffs by couple points, finished 11 games over .500 in tough division that won Stanley Cup.”'

Players were asked about Sutter’s actions beyond that particular incident. What became of that probe is unknown — the Flames did not return a request for comment — but at the least unrest within the locker room, and concern about Sutter’s conduct, was now squarely on the team’s radar.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I no longer subscribe to The Athletic, but there's a story about Sutter and the Flames today...

That loss was the beginning of a seven-game skid, and Sutter’s berating and erratic behavior increased. By November, the team became aware of an incident in which he was alleged to have made physical contact with a player on the bench during a game, according to three league sources, who were granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the matter. Players and staff members were interviewed about the alleged incident. According to multiple league sources, the player told his teammates he did not find the contact to have crossed a line and did not want to see the matter escalated. (The player did not return The Athletic’s request to speak with him).

Sutter, in a text message, denied the allegation. “Pretty clear that everyone that knows me (knows) that none of that is true, disappointing to hear,” he wrote. He declined to comment further about his time in Calgary. But added: “Flames are good hockey club, missed playoffs by couple points, finished 11 games over .500 in tough division that won Stanley Cup.”'

Players were asked about Sutter’s actions beyond that particular incident. What became of that probe is unknown — the Flames did not return a request for comment — but at the least unrest within the locker room, and concern about Sutter’s conduct, was now squarely on the team’s radar.
If the rest of the article is similar it's a lot of words to say "we know things were bad but we have very little insider info so just trust us".

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of precipitation, 10 year anniversary of the bad flooding in Calgary that got to row 8 of the Saddledome seats...

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of precipitation, 10 year anniversary of the bad flooding in Calgary that got to row 8 of the Saddledome seats...

Wow, hard to believe that was 10 years ago already.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome, congrats to Vernie!!

only Flame I liked from the era... and the fact that he eventually beat the shit out of Roy makes me happier.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if Conroy doesn't mess this up, between Hanifin and Lindholm, the Flames could kick-start a pretty good re-tooling of the team and bring in some pretty good young pieces.
was thinking that as well. I just dont see how you can compete for a cup losing those two pieces after what was lost last year.

Conroy is going to have a trial by fire like no other.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was thinking that as well. I just dont see how you can compete for a cup losing those two pieces after what was lost last year.

Conroy is going to have a trial by fire like no other.

Might be time to move Tyler Toffoli as well - His stock is pretty high right now and could fetch a nice return. It's time to be ruthless like the Golden Knights.