• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hockey Guy opining that Willy would have got more if he went to UFA.

Pure speculation, I am not nearly as confident as he is.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hockey Guy opining that Willy would have got more if he went to UFA.

Pure speculation, I am not nearly as confident as he is.

I think it's quite possible, but it appears that he's quite comfortable in Toronto. Some interesting moves will need to be made in Toronto over the next 12-24 months though, it's going to be fascinating to watch what Tre does.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not nearly big enough...

i-may-need-to-get-another-bag-of-popcorn.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby should've been making $15 mil in the old cap and the Pens should have like 8 more Cups what's this guy on?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has scored a TD and the convert is good.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch the Raptors lakers game last night? If you thought the nhl zebras are incompetent, then nba refs are even worse. Or just flat out corrupt. That game should be looked at for any irregular bets on the Lakers.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch the Raptors lakers game last night? If you thought the nhl zebras are incompetent, then nba refs are even worse. Or just flat out corrupt. That game should be looked at for any irregular bets on the Lakers.
Raps coach sure didn’t like it.

There’s definitely going to be more games like it if the Lakers stick around the edge of the playoffs because there’s no chance in hell Silver doesn’t do everything he can to get Lebron in. Raptors are in flux so they’re an easy team to abuse like that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like MLSE rolls through CEO’s like nothing. Ed Rogers must be a great guy to have to answer to.

/Pelley’s also the guy who negotiated the Rogers NHL deal. Proven winner!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gio had a bad game but so did 4 others including the captain who may have played his worst game of his career. Bertuzzi I’m wondering if there’s a reason to keep him around at this point, he’s been incredibly disappointing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was stuck all day at the airport. They got to the ACC less than two hours before game time. Literally nobody in their city cared that they were playing today and they won 4-2.

If you take the games against the California teams out of the equation the Leafs would have lost 8 of 9.

Oh, and they’re headed out west to play maybe the four of the five hottest teams in the league right now before a home and home against the hottest team.

I’m not sure what else needs to happen for management to do something here. They’re again on the brink of being caught by the teams behind them and even falling behind them and it’s totally merited.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was stuck all day at the airport. They got to the ACC less than two hours before game time. Literally nobody in their city cared that they were playing today and they won 4-2.

If you take the games against the California teams out of the equation the Leafs would have lost 8 of 9.

Oh, and they’re headed out west to play maybe the four of the five hottest teams in the league right now before a home and home against the hottest team.

I’m not sure what else needs to happen for management to do something here. They’re again on the brink of being caught by the teams behind them and even falling behind them and it’s totally merited.

"Something" probably means a coaching change. Really nothing else can be done right now. I am not saying it is the right answer or it will work, but they cant revamp the roster midseason. And if that doesn't work......

Ah, but then the offseason. I dont know if you can win with a "Core 4" but I think they have proven you cannot win if you are paying 4 of the top 10 or 11 salaries in the League. AM34 isnt going anywhere and neither is Willy. If JT signs for half of what he is getting now, he might stay on.

And that leaves Mitch. Full NMC for one more year, then you absolutely HAVE to let him walk. Even if he is worth the $$ he thinks he is, the Leafs cant afford him (that whole 4 of top 10 thing again). Me, I would very carefully try to work on him to waive the NMC this offseason. But I admit, that will blow up because: his camp will leak it, fans will REALLY let him know what they think, his fee-fees will get hurt, and the Marner-era will end as a shitshow.

After reading that, I am back on the coaching change bandwagon. Sure, a Core 4 CAN win!!!!!!