• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman giving me some nightmare fuel.

“I do think Toronto’s taken a look at Philadelphia’s Rasmus Ristolainen, who has three seasons remaining on a five-year, $25.5M contract. But, I don’t believe the Flyers are eager to give him away, and there’s no rush for them to do anything while their group is playing well. That’s not to say it couldn’t be something down the road, but when the team is competing hard, getting good results and generally doing what is being asked of them — why throw a stink bomb into your dressing room?”
I am sorry.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those weird no-contact injuries...Does not look good, but hopefully it's not serious.

He was the only reason they won that game. Very weird injury. My ACL/meniscus/broken fibula was (for the most part) a non contact incident.

Hopefully Woll is OK. He's played great this year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty convinced the only reason the Leafs played well tonight is because the players still there absolutely hate ROR.

Otherwise there is no explanation as to how they were so good at stifling the Preds who’ve been firing on all cylinders lately whereas the Leafs have been getting by only when their goalie can keep them in games.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Leafs’ blue line has looked a bit better since Timmins came back.

I don’t know that it’s something you want to rely on long-term.

I still think they need to figure out a 1D solution that relegates Rielly to a PP/2nd pair role and I don’t think that option is really out there to be traded for unless Columbus really goes scorched earth and is willing to move Werenski.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT gets points 999 and 1000 on Long Island. More importantly, the Leafs have forced OT.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs beat up the Rags both physically and on the scoreboard...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly clean hit and yet there has to be a scrum.

I know, it drives me nuts, you used to either take a number and either deliver a clean check later in the game or in a future game. Now even a clean hit requires you to drop the gloves.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Ford and Olivia Chow are very different politicians and ran against each other for mayor in 2015 where both lost to John Tory who then slept with a subordinate and resigned for some reason (we applaud those things where I come from). Chow then ran for election again and won, which most people thought would set her up to clash incessantly with Ontario's premier, Doug Ford.

Turns out they've been working pretty well together, cutting a number of deals that leaves supporters of both parties a bit upset which usually means you're doing a good job. Last month they cut a deal where Chow released some city-owned land on the waterfront adjacent provincial land that Ford was likely bribed to allow use as some weird spa attraction, in return for uploading the city-owned expressways and paying for their upkeep.

Seems part of that deal may have involved Chow naming a sports stadium for Doug's brother.

Long overdue IMO.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I know, it drives me nuts, you used to either take a number and either deliver a clean check later in the game or in a future game. Now even a clean hit requires you to drop the gloves.
Respect to Gubberson the other day for taking a number and delivering his own news

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care that isles fans booed JT on his 1000th point, nor should any manbabies in the media or on Twitter.

But this reasoning didn’t hold up then and still doesn’t. He only had an 8 team no trade list. The team wasn’t in a playoff spot. He hadn’t signed an extension. If that’s truly the only reason to boo him then they should be booing Garth Snow for not reading the writing on the wall.

Dude gave them 6 years at $5.5 mil playing at a point per game pace and they didn’t do anything with it lol how you mad at him?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he mentioned that he had a bridge in Brooklyn to sell them I’m pretty sure they would’ve stabbed him.