• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Mathews was trying to cross check Dahlin in the shoulder. That said though, he's responsible for his stick. He hasn't got a rap sheet so that should work well in his favor. It's BS if he doesn't get at least one game but really shouldn't get any more than three (based on all mitigating factors including him being a star and all that jazz). So, my prediction -- 2 games.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this suspension?

Or this one?

This got some discipline:

Like, fuck outta here with this shit. Second a fucking Leaf does it it’s a war crime lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Mathews was trying to cross check Dahlin in the shoulder. That said though, he's responsible for his stick. He hasn't got a rap sheet so that should work well in his favor. It's BS if he doesn't get at least one game but really shouldn't get any more than three (based on all mitigating factors including him being a star and all that jazz). So, my prediction -- 2 games.

:dingdingding:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna have a hearty chuckle when this happens to a Leaf player in a month and there’s not even a fine.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that the NHL has a very poor track record of protecting its star players and by protecting I don't mean that every hook and hold needs to be called, but that was pretty abusive treatment by Dahlin on Matthews (by today's standards). That said, you can't clock a guy in the head like Matthews did, but it's been a frustrating few days for Matthews with that non-call on OT against the Yotes that led to the GWG.

/If Kadri does what Matthews did, he's likely sent to Gitmo.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that the NHL has a very poor track record of protecting its star players and by protecting I don't mean that every hook and hold needs to be called, but that was pretty abusive treatment by Dahlin on Matthews (by today's standards). That said, you can't clock a guy in the head like Matthews did, but it's been a frustrating few days for Matthews with that non-call on OT against the Yotes that led to the GWG.

/If Kadri does what Matthews did, he's likely sent to Gitmo.
That's the part that gets me. Not like Matthews went full nutjob and attacked for no reason. Doesn't excuse the cross check, but c'mon stripes. You should have stopped that shit before Matthews decided to take things into his own hands.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part that gets me. Not like Matthews went full nutjob and attacked for no reason. Doesn't excuse the cross check, but c'mon stripes. You should have stopped that shit before Matthews decided to take things into his own hands.
He should’ve just kneed him.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parros figured since it was a marquee game that more than just the regulars were watching. So he feels the need to go beyond paltry fine in this case. He’s past his prime and should get sacked (which in nhl speak means promoted).

Same with Corey Perry a couple of years ago in the Winter Classic- did he really deserve five games?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parros figured since it was a marquee game that more than just the regulars were watching. So he feels the need to go beyond paltry fine in this case. He’s past his prime and should get sacked (which in nhl speak means promoted).

Same with Corey Perry a couple of years ago in the Winter Classic- did he really deserve five games?
So Perry should take over Player Safety after the season.

I agree.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wayne but I feel like this is cover for the fact he’s been kinda useless lately. The word is the team wanted to get him to 1000 GP and now that he’s done that there isn’t much need for him.