• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Flames are terrible this season which is obviously fueling this take, but officiating continues to be a major problem in this league and just one more thing that the commissioner is ignoring. Hey Gary, if you don't want to talk about COVID-19 or officiating or teams circumventing the cap or any issue at all, maybe it's time to retire.
I don’t think any league hates its fans as much as ours.

I’m not even sure I enjoy this game anymore and I’m just heavily invested in a particular team more than anything else.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not even sure I enjoy this game anymore and I’m just heavily invested in a particular team more than anything else.
the only exception to this I may take is, I still enjoy the game...the League? not so much

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only exception to this I may take is, I still enjoy the game...the League? not so much
I feel like the combination of taking out some of the "old" things we enjoyed about it so much (the tougher days with fighting and hatred among teams) while not replacing that with changes in how the games are managed to ensure the change to a league where skill is rewarded and applauded is serviced with allowing those players to play to the best of their abilities unimpeded has kinda ruined it.

Since I don't watch any other hockey leagues it's hard for me to separate the NHL from the game as a whole I guess.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What game? I have a hockey bag in my basement that probably has dust on it thicker than Peter North's johnson by now. I do understand that you're probably in a different boat (and any negativity you sense is certainly not directed at you) but I haven't been able to enjoy "the game" in ages. Why the fuck should I care at all at this point?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hockey fans are much more die-hard in support for their sport than almost any other, so the league can get away with being douches to the fans without a lot of risk to losing many.

Not many are going to say "oh well, I'll just watch baseball now". Outside of Formula 1, I can't find myself emotionally invested in any other sport.
I feel like the combination of taking out some of the "old" things we enjoyed about it so much (the tougher days with fighting and hatred among teams) while not replacing that with changes in how the games are managed to ensure the change to a league where skill is rewarded and applauded is serviced with allowing those players to play to the best of their abilities unimpeded has kinda ruined it.

Since I don't watch any other hockey leagues it's hard for me to separate the NHL from the game as a whole I guess.
I've watched more AHL, KHL and college the last few years, and the NHL is indeed head and shoulders above anything else.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game? I have a hockey bag in my basement that probably has dust on it thicker than Peter North's johnson by now. I do understand that you're probably in a different boat (and any negativity you sense is certainly not directed at you) but I haven't been able to enjoy "the game" in ages. Why the fuck should I care at all at this point?
hey, I get that. I've seemed to reach a point in my life where my body simply won't let me play anymore and my bag has been gathering dust for the past 6 or 7 years as well. but I still love the game itself though.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand (and even agree with it to a certain extent). However, I'll watch any hockey I can get. Hell, I'll watch Squirt inline if I happen upon it while out and about. I've seen my NHL viewing decrease in recent years, while my college and AHL has increased. I live in an AHL city now, so I suppose that has some to do with that.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, I get that. I've seemed to reach a point in my life where my body simply won't let me play anymore and my bag has been gathering dust for the past 6 or 7 years as well. but I still love the game itself though.

My body is just fine. And I would still love to play hockey.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really believe this but just in case there is some truth to it 1) this is what they said when Masai traded for Kawhi, and 2) maybe if you all didn’t want fucking $11 mil a year the team would have some more cap space available to trade for what they need to help the team win a Cup. Funny that it’s a business when it comes to their own money but family when it comes to the results of their high paychecks.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it was Steve Simmonds.

It was the hot dog guy. Arizona just placed Phil Kessel on the list as well, vindicating Simmons after all of this time