• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this signing because I'm a big fan of Freddie...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very excited for Rodeo.

You gotta get that on net though! I've found that after you make a guy or two look really bad the goalie almost always seems to have more of a problem with whatever you throw at him afterwards. I've scored some of my worst goals after some of my best moves.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta get that on net though! I've found that after you make a guy or two look really bad the goalie almost always seems to have more of a problem with whatever you throw at him afterwards. I've scored some of my worst goals after some of my best moves.
He will learn. I’ll take the hands I see so far though.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will learn. I’ll take the hands I see so far though.

Oh yeah, I mean I'm obviously not serious about the criticism. But I was dead serious about everything after it :wink: . I've always assumed that it's at least partly because when you do something ridiculous it's presumably also very unexpected and that throws the goalie off somewhat.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must not have driven more then 5 km's before a cop saw this ancient plate and noticed the sticker hadn't been validated since before Bob Rae.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN exec: “Guys, it’s getting bad. Nobody gives a shit about sports right now, especially the sports we carry. We need to get some hits SOMEWHERE. Make up something to tile up Leaf fans quick!”

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean a new stadium would be great if Rogers is planning to pay for it. I don't imagine that's the case though.
I don't think there's any appetite anywhere to give public money for a stadium but there is going to have to be some government involvement in this one way or another if development of the current Skydome land is in play since the stadium sits on Crown Lands and is leased for another 60+ years to the stadium owner strictly-zoned as a stadium.

I saw somewhere and it sounds pretty plausible that Rogers wants to develop a few residential towers and an office tower that they could relocate their HQ to and in turn re-develop the land their current offices occupy at Bloor and Jarvis. If Rogers wants to profit at all from such a play they're going to have to work with the Feds and eventually the city to figure out the most equitable way to make this work and that does likely mean the city and Feds are going to have to make concessions to the company - either give them outright control of the land dependent on them developing housing at both sites with a sufficient number of affordable units (and probably build part of Tory's stupid Rail Deck Park in order to get his support lol) or the city gives them the old Quayside Google land in exchange for the dome land straight-up.

No matter what though Rogers would likely be able to construct no fewer than six buildings among the tallest in the city using some portion of donated land and have more than enough profit left over to construct a ballpark that they're going to rake billions out of over the next 30 years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two cents - while Skydome is definitely a space-taker in the busiest part of the city and anything that gives more land back for public use in that area is a good thing Exhibition Place remains by far the biggest waste of land in the old city and I've long thought moving the team back there as a centrepiece of a total re-think of the area would be the best idea.