• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? She spit in his face and he shoved her. Seems restrained to me :noidea:

I always find these types of vids fascinating. Why did the person filming, well, film this? Was there some verbal altercation before the clip starts? Do people walk around just randomly filming?

The world is clearly passing me by.

/edit OK saw the followup post

Yeah, a scuffed knee is adequate payback for that spit that Roberto Alomar would be proud of.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a scuffed knee is adequate payback for that spit that Roberto Alomar would be proud of.

Alomar, thanks! I was racking my brain, but came up empty. I knew there was a spitting incident I wanted to reference!

(And no, it didnt take long)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? She spit in his face and he shoved her. Seems restrained to me :noidea:

I always find these types of vids fascinating. Why did the person filming, well, film this? Was there some verbal altercation before the clip starts? Do people walk around just randomly filming?

The world is clearly passing me by.

/edit OK saw the followup post
It definitely seems like something was happening and this person got their phone out to film it - the video starts with the guy calling her disgusting, doubt that was the first thing he said but I could be wrong lol.

But people are probably ready for something insane to happen on the TTC at any time at this point. It really was starting to become like NYC transit with all of the disgusting shit happening daily, not to mention the fare evasion and shitty service.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

200.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they’ve completely given up on Ian Scott and Joseph Woll. Dell needs to clear to go down to the A so this is insurance.

That Russian better speed through the ranks, this team needs developed goalies in the worst way.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
2 year deal presumably so they have a roster goalie to expose to seattle

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had totally wiped basically every Leaf not named Kadri, Gardiner or Rielly from this era from my mind and totally forgotten everything about Monster. He is now officially retired.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick, I like ya man but the Leafs weren't winning the Cup in the 80s even if Scotty Bowman had been the coach.

RV: I wish we could’ve been more productive as a team. Everything around the 50-goal seasons would have been a heck of a lot more enjoyable. We had an owner who… he was cheap. We were probably underpaid compared to the [talented] players on other NHL teams. He wouldn't pay for a good general manager who could make that move when you needed it at the deadline. He wouldn’t pay for good coaching. We had some good players, and that's the sad part about it. We drafted pretty well. They made mistakes by bringing a lot of guys up to the NHL way too early, and some didn't last very long. We suffered through those times.

We were just starting to get good in 1985-86. Dan Maloney was our coach. We had a good playoff and got to the second round. And then they wouldn't give him any more than a one-year contract, so he left and went to Winnipeg. The whole thing was a mess because of one individual, and that was Harold Ballard.

That you are playing in the National Hockey League and playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs and you're [putting up points] and you're the captain, yes, that's all great. But winning is what you play for. You play for winning a Stanley Cup. That's your dream when you're a kid. Under different circumstances with the guys we had, things could have been different. I'm not saying we would’ve won a Stanley Cup, but we might have.