• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I keep suggesting Brodie in potential trades with Toronto, but you could argue that he's been the best Flames defenseman this season. Would you like Gio instead?
Neither makes sense for what the Leafs need.

The Leafs need a younger, more controllable Savard. I’m not even sure such a player is out there.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why this is a thing right now but I can’t imagine why anybody thinks the Leafs would want Subban. I get that Jersey sucks but so did Montreal for a lot of his time there. Leafs dodged a bullet here.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why this is a thing right now but I can’t imagine why anybody thinks the Leafs would want Subban. I get that Jersey sucks but so did Montreal for a lot of his time there. Leafs dodged a bullet here.

If NJD eats $8M of the salary AND takes Ceci, I am find with that kind of trade

Otherwise, pass

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs need a younger, more controllable Savard. I’m not even sure such a player is out there.

His name is Vladislav Gavrikov and you cannot have him.

If you want a a Savard, you have to take the actual Savard.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Vladislav Gavrikov and you cannot have him.

If you want a a Savard, you have to take the actual Savard.
I’ll take him but I wouldn’t give up much, which is why I don’t think a deal would happen.

Besides, why is Columbus trading him right now when they’re getting pretty comfy in the playoff race? No logic to a deal here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take him but I wouldn’t give up much, which is why I don’t think a deal would happen.

Besides, why is Columbus trading him right now when they’re getting pretty comfy in the playoff race? No logic to a deal here.

The Jackets are completely happy with their Defense and I expect them to roll with:
Jones - Werensky
Gavvy - Savvy
Nutivaara - Peeke
Kukan

Which gives us Murray, Harrington (who to my surprise has actually been serviceable) and Carlsson to trade as well as forwards like Wennberg (If we get a C back), Milano, and Anderson to package. Plus, quite possibly, Korpisalo.

They would only consider Savard or Nutivaara in the trade package if the return is something massive. I feel like Peeke and Gavrikov are hands off at this point. And Savard is pretty close to hands off for all the little things he does so well.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

you would think before publishing such a thinkpiece, one would perchance check capfriendly dot com and take note that the Maple Leaves currently have a projected cap hit of $94,731,095

But sure, lets throw another $9.0 million salary onto the pile.
Maybe New Jersey would love take a collection of overpaid shit in return.
taking step back from that, even the Leaves overpaid shit is UFA at the end of the year, so has absolutely zero value.
unless NJ wants to add for their playoff run.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the condition will take the leafs 2021 2nd pick out of any trade deadline discussion too