• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Willy had done it so we could get back to trading him. Getting impatient here, really need that second pair dman or backup goalie on expiring contracts.

Glad you're coming around on this.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a page from the Niners in that last frame. What a blown chance.

Have fun competing for the wild card.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was looking forward to watching the Leafs game tonight. Oldest daughter (23) came over and advised us she is preggers. Not sure what they are going to do. At least he's in Med School. Sit down to watch the third and watch that shit. FML.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun competing for the wild card.

Exactly. Which is why "OMG we need to trade Kapanen for a backup goalie" is nonsense. I really dont care if they make the playoffs, is another first round exit any better than missing completely?

Last night was yet another example of their woes in their own zone. At times, they are adequate exiting, but usually when the opponent puts any pressure on them, they look like a cat trying to get up a fur ball. It happens way, way too many times a game.

And yes, that was not Hutch's best effort last night. But I am not convinced another backup goalie would do any better.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Which is why "OMG we need to trade Kapanen for a backup goalie" is nonsense. I really dont care if they make the playoffs, is another first round exit any better than missing completely?

Last night was yet another example of their woes in their own zone. At times, they are adequate exiting, but usually when the opponent puts any pressure on them, they look like a cat trying to get up a fur ball. It happens way, way too many times a game.

And yes, that was not Hutch's best effort last night. But I am not convinced another backup goalie would do any better.
I’m much more concerned about getting Ceci the hell out of here. He was directly responsible for two goals out of nowhere on a night they were otherwise playing excellent defensively.

Someone’s gonna have to explain how he hasn’t been a healthy scratch and Lilly hasn’t been put in his role yet.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a goaltender on my mind
All the time
Kask-Kask-Kaskisuo (oh-oh-oh)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m much more concerned about getting Ceci the hell out of here. He was directly responsible for two goals out of nowhere on a night they were otherwise playing excellent defensively.

Someone’s gonna have to explain how he hasn’t been a healthy scratch and Lilly hasn’t been put in his role yet.

I thought it was just a Boucher/Dorion thing but he continues to get ice time. I don't get it. I mean, he's big, can skate well and has a decent shot so I get it for a handful of games. If you watch him play for any significant sample of games, though, you HAVE to see that he just can't think the game fast enough at the NHL level. He's a bottom pairing guy at best yet he consistently has been getting 18-21 minutes. Only 14 minutes last night however. Maybe Keefe has seen enough and the popcorn row is next on the menu.

Just looked at his stats and he's had 7 games this season with over 23 minutes and one game with 28 minutes! LMAO. That is so wrong.

I will say that I'm enjoying Sens hockey a lot more this year compared to last. I'm not so sure that Cody Ceci's departure isn't responsible for at least 75% of that uptick.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was just a Boucher/Dorion thing but he continues to get ice time. I don't get it. I mean, he's big, can skate well and has a decent shot so I get it for a handful of games. If you watch him play for any significant sample of games, though, you HAVE to see that he just can't think the game fast enough at the NHL level. He's a bottom pairing guy at best yet he consistently has been getting 18-21 minutes. Only 14 minutes last night however. Maybe Keefe has seen enough and the popcorn row is next on the menu.

Just looked at his stats and he's had 7 games this season with over 23 minutes and one game with 28 minutes! LMAO. That is so wrong.

I will say that I'm enjoying Sens hockey a lot more this year compared to last. I'm not so sure that Cody Ceci's departure isn't responsible for at least 75% of that uptick.
I never thought the idea of getting him was “he’s a perfect replacement for Ron Hainsey and his crazy amount of ice time” but here we are.

I know Dubas isn’t a moron so I want to believe there’s more at play here but I have no idea what that could be at this point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I keep suggesting Brodie in potential trades with Toronto, but you could argue that he's been the best Flames defenseman this season. Would you like Gio instead?