• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another big difference between Matthews and McDavid. Connor scores pretty goals but Matthews scores important goals. I'll take important over pretty every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And I'd take McDavid over any player in the NHL and it's not even really that close. I'm afraid your bias is showing here.

Also LOL at either of them scoring "important" goals. They have a combined 1 series win between them. Let's wait until they at least reach their mid-20s before declaring with one as "clutch", or not.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'd take McDavid over any player in the NHL and it's not even really that close. I'm afraid your bias is showing here.

Really?!? Because I would still take Crosby (at least for the next 3-4 years anyway). I like players that play at both ends of the rink. It's funny watching Captain Crossover glide back to this own zone when the opposition has the puck.

Also LOL at either of them scoring "important" goals. They have a combined 1 series win between them. Let's wait until they at least reach their mid-20s before declaring with one as "clutch", or not.

Fair enough, but my post above above was based on regular season play and I just don't see McWonderful stepping up all that often when his team is trailing or needs a big goal late in a game.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like players that play at both ends of the rink. It's funny watching Captain Crossover glide back to this own zone when the opposition has the puck.

AM34 is definitely working on, and improving a lot, on the defensive part of his game. I am starting to think he might be something really special.

/no really, I have had my doubts

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Because I would still take Crosby (at least for the next 3-4 years anyway). I like players that play at both ends of the rink. It's funny watching Captain Crossover glide back to this own zone when the opposition has the puck.

Fair enough, but my post above above was based on regular season play and I just don't see McWonderful stepping up all that often when his team is trailing or needs a big goal late in a game.

Yeah really. Crosby likely wouldn't be in my top 3 for the next 3-4 years.

I'd take McDavid, a 22 year old whose PPG in his career have gone 1.07, 1.22, 1.32, 1.49 and 1.53 over 32 year old Sid who has gone 1.06, 1.19, 1.09, 1.27, 1.00. One looks like a player who has plateauxed at best and the other is Connor McDavid. Furthermore, McDavid has missed 4 games in the last 4 years while Sid has an ever-growing and troubling injury history.

And, I know he's captain Canada...:puke:...but let's not pretend that Sid is some kind of two-way beast. He's a scorer who is not terrible in his own end. He's no Kopitar, Bergeron, etc. type player.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and McDavid has scored 50 points in the Oilers 23 wins. Seems like his points are pretty important. By comparison Matthews has scored 30 points in his team's 24 wins (nothing to sneeze at but in a whole different ballpark).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and McDavid has scored 50 points in the Oilers 23 wins. Seems like his points are pretty important. By comparison Matthews has scored 30 points in his team's 24 wins (nothing to sneeze at but in a whole different ballpark).

Oh man, looks like I've struck a nerve. I believe I said goals earlier, not points. Scoring goals is still the most difficult thing to do in the NHL last I looked.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, looks like I've struck a nerve. I believe I said goals earlier, not points. Scoring goals is still the most difficult thing to do in the NHL last I looked.

18 goals in 23 wins for McD; 19 in 24 for Matthews. Not much difference until you look at McD's 32 assists to Auston's 11..

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 goals in 23 wins for McD; 19 in 24 for Matthews. Not much difference until you look at McD's 32 assists to Auston's 11..

Yeah, but the Pacific Division is terrible, can we at least agree on that?

:D

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the Pacific Division is terrible, can we at least agree on that?

:D

Fair enough.

Apologies for the zealous responses but this was triggering very Toews-Crosby, from back in the day, vibes in me.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

Apologies for the zealous responses but this was triggering very Toews-Crosby, from back in the day, vibes in me.

No worries, Kenny, all good. And yes, I do have a McDavid bias largely driven by the media which continue to deify him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's a fabulous player, no doubt, but there are still glaring weaknesses in his game that he needs to work on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews’ goals this season should be broken down pre and post Babs. Post had been far more prolific and more indicative of what we’ll see moving forward now that he isn’t being limited to 15 minutes a game and forced to dump and chase instead of keeping possession.

Further, Matthews has been the leading 5v5 scorer in the NHL for two years now.

He could still be much better on the other end of the ice but the gap between the two is definitely narrower than its being made out to be.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we cheer for them to tank down into the wild card?

Tampa’s gonna be in first soon enough and I really can’t handle another series against Boston. I just can’t.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy boy here. Got tickets for the game in Smashville on Jan 27. If you see anyone two rows behind the Leaf bench wearing blue and white, it might be me.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Assistant Coach had medical emergency in dressing room before the game.