• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaves $15 million to re-sign Soup and Dermott and sign another d-man, forward and backup goalie (plus bring up Sandin & Lilly) before any other roster moves. Not bad.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holl needs a new agent.
I think the media love for him has been a bit overblown but as a third pair guy who can slot into the second if needed I think it’s about the right amount.

Plus he has a fan upstairs in Dubas, no guarantee he wouldn’t go elsewhere and wind up on the shit list of another Babcock-like coach.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost enough for Pietrangelo

Almost.
If Soup signs for $3.5 mil and Dermott for $2 mil, trade one of Kappy or Johnsson and hope that the cap goes up by at least $2 mil...

Yeah, it could work. $9 mil/yr for Piet along with the above will leave about $5.5 mil to fill out the roster. At the very least, if him or Krug go to market I think the Leafs have to be in on both.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman says Bracco has asked for an out from the Leafs org since the path to the NHL is sort of blocked by guys named Marner, Nylander and Kapanen.

Can’t imagine there’s any deal out there this season but an off-season package with him and Kapanen would probably get a good haul if Bracco has a hot 2020 half to the AHL season.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Willy keeps it up he’s going to get 40 goals.

Don't know where to find the stats, but it seems like Willy's output has improved since being shifted (most of the time) to Tavares' line.

I have complained a lot about this team all year, but cannot argue with results. And since the coaching change, there is not much to complain about. Still not sure an 80s-style team (in the scoring and defensive sense) can do anything at playoff team, but it will be interesting to find out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know where to find the stats, but it seems like Willy's output has improved since being shifted (most of the time) to Tavares' line.

I have complained a lot about this team all year, but cannot argue with results. And since the coaching change, there is not much to complain about. Still not sure an 80s-style team (in the scoring and defensive sense) can do anything at playoff team, but it will be interesting to find out.
It's a small sample size but in 85 5v5 minutes with JT he's at 60% CF% and 64% xGF% compared to 56% CF% and 54% xGF% in 470 minutes with AM. And that's all at a similar PDO. Source

Which is to say, yeah, he's playing great with JT. But TBH, everyone plays great with JT. He's so god damn good and it's still kinda unbelievable that he's a Leaf.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t get starting Hutch tonight when they could start him Monday vs. Edmonton who are much less good than the Isles.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t get starting Hutch tonight when they could start him Monday vs. Edmonton who are much less good than the Isles.

Can we protest this with the league or something? I don't want Hutch playing the Isles either.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Keefer is shitting Unicorns and exhaling Leprechauns right now. It's working though. Somehow, someway, it's working.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Keefer is shitting Unicorns and exhaling Leprechauns right now. It's working though. Somehow, someway, it's working.
It’s working because it’s good strategy.

Yeah, there’s been a couple of high-goal total slug fests but there’s been far more shot-controlled, fast start, 60 minute games.

They’ve only given the first goal up a few times in the last ten games, they’ve only allowed 2 goals in the third period over their last 8 while scoring 17 in that frame over that span.

They’re doing everything Babcock kept saying he wanted them to do but in a way Babcock refused to do it.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s working because it’s good strategy.

Yeah, there’s been a couple of high-goal total slug fests but there’s been far more shot-controlled, fast start, 60 minute games.

They’ve only given the first goal up a few times in the last ten games, they’ve only allowed 2 goals in the third period over their last 8 while scoring 17 in that frame over that span.

They’re doing everything Babcock kept saying he wanted them to do but in a way Babcock refused to do it.

Agree mostly. We are playing great at the front and great at the very back. It's between the blue-lines that I'm a bit worried about but so far it's all working. No complaints from this guy.