• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite up to par with the JFJ Leafs but approaching the on ice product. Nostalgia sells.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I put this all much more on the players than anyone in management or coaching. They all wanted big money, they should be eating a fat helping of shit here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be something David Frost related?
If so, we’ll literally never hear about it since Frost’s trial was over a decade ago and he was acquitted.

So why bring it up? And why act like this small, unverifiable tidbit that would’ve revolves around Keefe’s teenage life would mean he wouldn’t be a good option to replace Babcock? Sounds like the Star alright.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, we’ll literally never hear about it since Frost’s trial was over a decade ago and he was acquitted.

So why bring it up? And why act like this small, unverifiable tidbit that would’ve revolves around Keefe’s teenage life would mean he wouldn’t be a good option to replace Babcock? Sounds like the Star alright.

Oh I'm not trying to defend the action, just speculating about what might check all of the boxes.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what?

Non-disclosure and non-compete agreements are pretty common and not necessarily due to legal proceedings. Organizations sign them with former employees all the time. Could just be as simple as that. And those typically have end dates.

I had to sign one when I resigned from a position a long time ago because I was in a privileged position and knew some stuff that would be very embarrassing to the organization. So they gave me a "separation bonus" in exchange for my signature on a piece of paper.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-disclosure and non-compete agreements are pretty common and not necessarily due to legal proceedings. Organizations sign them with former employees all the time. Could just be as simple as that. And those typically have end dates.

I had to sign one when I resigned from a position a long time ago because I was in a privileged position and knew some stuff that would be very embarrassing to the organization. So they gave me a "separation bonus" in exchange for my signature on a piece of paper.
This is likely referring to a publication ban though - there’s nothing stopping a newspaper from sharing details from a non-compete contract since they aren’t party to the contract but if the writer defies a court-ordered publication ban he could go to jail.

Of course, there’s nothing stopping an American writer from publicizing that information should it exist. This became a big issue during the Bernardo trial 20 years ago when Buffalo papers kept making public things that Canadian papers couldn’t, which would then be shared on the very early internet. Which is my way of saying if Greg were even a remotely competent “journalist” he’d have taken the hint and started investigating instead of tweeting.