• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awesome. I also liked the bit about what was going through his head during the eight second pause to the question of whether he bought illegal drugs in the last two years.

To me, the unedited original clip was far funnier. 5 seconds into the silence you hear someone shout, "Be careful!"

You can't make that shit up.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most disappointing part of all this US media coverage is they are lumping all of Canada in with this buffoon's actions, as if the entire country is responsible for him. Please news outlets and all you late night talk show hosts, this is a Toronto embarrassment, not Canada's

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most disappointing part of all this US media coverage is they are lumping all of Canada in with this buffoon's actions, as if the entire country is responsible for him. Please news outlets and all you late night talk show hosts, this is a Toronto embarrassment, not Canada's

I can't wait for my next trip Stateside and I tell people I'm from Canada...

"Do you know Rob Ford from Toronto?"

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for my next trip Stateside and I tell people I'm from Canada...

"Do you know Rob Ford from Toronto?"

[YOUTUBE]sGkX1u-pG3s[/YOUTUBE]

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this u.s. media coverage is doing canada nothing but good ... now all we need is to bump up our gun death number and we'll have some serious street cred

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this u.s. media coverage is doing canada nothing but good ... now all we need is to bump up our gun death number and we'll have some serious street cred

The Argos need to sign Ray Lewis.

The coverage I have been seeing hasn't mocked Canada, or even Toronto. They are mocking *him* and most coverage seems genuinely surprised that there is that big of a douchebag *in* Canada.

Usually they are exported down here (Bieber, Jim Carrey, Sean Avery)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New, disturbing video of Rob Ford has surfaced...

tumblr_mwb5skk1201s2gg27o1_400.gif

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Carrey is the man.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
er? Carrey or Chris Farley?

I think that was in response to my lumping Jim Carrey in with Bieber and Sean Avery.

Jim Carrey... Funny guy. I love that one movie where he does the facial contortions and then yells. Whoo. Gets me every time. :rollseyes:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was in response to my lumping Jim Carrey in with Bieber and Sean Avery.

Jim Carrey... Funny guy. I love that one movie where he does the facial contortions and then yells. Whoo. Gets me every time. :rollseyes:

lol why dont you just quote his entire movie list :D

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to hate Jim Carrey, but Dumb And Dumber was just too funny. Everything else....meh.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to hate Jim Carrey, but Dumb And Dumber was just too funny. Everything else....meh.

I thought The Truman Show was also pretty good, but yeah, pretty much everything else gets a big meh from me.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought The Truman Show was also pretty good, but yeah, pretty much everything else gets a big meh from me.

The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is a good, albeit depressing, flick IMO. Otherwise I need to be VERY hungover to sit through a full Jim Carrey movie.

By contrast a full Rob Ford movie is another story!!!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the question is was the movie good because of him or in spite of him?

Truman Show was interesting and I don't think he specifically pushed it to be good. The material was good enough to work with most anyone in that role.

Never saw the Sunshine one, but I know most people say it also could have stood on its own.

I started hating him when Man in the Moon came out. He was playing a seriously weird guy who was compelling enough on his own. And Carrey just had to throw some of himself into it. I think it would have and could have been so much better with the first choice, Edward Norton. I just don't think he elevates okay material to good. I feel the same way about Tom Cruise.

It's a shame Farley is gone. He'd make a GREAT Rob Ford.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the question is was the movie good because of him or in spite of him?

Truman Show was interesting and I don't think he specifically pushed it to be good. The material was good enough to work with most anyone in that role.

Never saw the Sunshine one, but I know most people say it also could have stood on its own.

I started hating him when Man in the Moon came out. He was playing a seriously weird guy who was compelling enough on his own. And Carrey just had to throw some of himself into it. I think it would have and could have been so much better with the first choice, Edward Norton. I just don't think he elevates okay material to good. I feel the same way about Tom Cruise.

It's a shame Farley is gone. He'd make a GREAT Rob Ford.

Agreed pretty much on all counts, even though I've only seen Man in the Moon in bits and pieces.

As for Ford and Farley it is perfect. A little too perfect. In fact, can anyone confirm that Chris Farley is actually dead and not running the 4th biggest city in North America?