• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the thread topic, Bettman should realize that Phoenix isn't going to work as they've had no real success, as far as making money, to speak of. It would also require minimal realignment if they just move Colorado to the Pacific and Seattle goes to the Northwest.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when the MTS Centre in Winnipeg underwent a reno' to its luxury boxes and press box last year during spring and all parties denied they were gonna get a team for 2011-12

McCown was saying yesterday Quebecor has put some feelers out in the broadcast industry looking for french language hockey play by play announcers (didnt mention anything abut broken vertabrae though)

/just sayin
:noidea:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when the MTS Centre in Winnipeg underwent a reno' to its luxury boxes and press box last year during spring and all parties denied they were gonna get a team for 2011-12

McCown was saying yesterday Quebecor has put some feelers out in the broadcast industry looking for french language hockey play by play announcers (didnt mention anything abut broken vertabrae though)

/just sayin
:noidea:

Well considering he's said if the team moves trade me, let the Shane Doan trade rumors begin.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destroy and Nazzyfan, would you guys switch allegiances???

:D

Tempting for sure, although I do have to admit it would be very hard to watch Ponicks play 82 times a year. It's hard enough just seeing them the 6 times they play the Sharks. I'd rather see the Yotes go to Quebec and Seattle get some other team.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it all sounds like its a showdown between Seattle versus Quebec City for the Coyotes

both cities have guys with bags of money who want to fund a new arena ... Seattle dude will do it without public money and Quebec government will be on the hook for some of the QC arena ... BUT Seattle dude building doesnt neccessarily want to own an NHL team ... he wants the return of the Sonics first and foremost (as do most of the Seattle sports fans/citizens) ... so he'd want a partner at worst, a different guy owning the NHL team and renting his arena at best

both arena proposals are moving along in their respective cities

both cities have old buildings that can house the coyotes for a year or 2 as the new building is being built (Key arena V Le Colisee) ... both will be equally shitty temporary arenas for todays NHL

so its the eternal NHL question ... go to a market where the people care RIGHT NOW and are large in number OR go to the market where people might care (but probably wont care if the team is a loser, dog of a franchise) ... but at the least Seattle isnt a city where they are completely ignorant to what a hockey puck is

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any ideas what the names would be for the team.. probably way too early, but you think quebec would go w/ the nordiques again?

for seattle you gotta figure they'd go with green and teal as their colors (a la sounders/mariners/seahawks) and probably go for something to do w/ water.. maybe go the easy route and call them the Seattle Ice?

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any ideas what the names would be for the team.. probably way too early, but you think quebec would go w/ the nordiques again?

for seattle you gotta figure they'd go with green and teal as their colors (a la sounders/mariners/seahawks) and probably go for something to do w/ water.. maybe go the easy route and call them the Seattle Ice?

I like thunderbirds (if they can get it from the dub team which is doubtful) or totems for seattle

ClearedHot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea. There seems to be a decent enough fan size base there but also opportunity to draw more fans. Makes perfect sense. Plus there's a huge void in the American NorthWest for NHL teams. Depending on how it would happen, it could result in Detoit's wish to move East finally becoming a reality.

For me the big question is where will the team come from? Sounds like it would be a few years away. By then I expect the Coyotes to have found a permanent home one way or the other (probably by relocation but not necessarily). Could the Panthers or someone else become available? With the league hinting at switching formats to 4 divisions I can see expansion of 2 teams becoming a possibility.

My problem is, having been a Seattle native, I already invested my loyalty in the Nucks. A lot of people I know from the area have. Not to say many people would not jump ship, but I do not think it would draw in the amount of people it should. Then again, I was wrong about the OKC Thundercunts.

I have been thinking the Coyotes are going to relocate, but the Panthers shifting to Seattle would definitely allow the Wings to move to the East.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
------^ hey, another canucks fan!

welcome :yo:

ClearedHot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
------^ hey, another canucks fan!

welcome :yo:

Gracias. I have not been able to follow NHL much this season (work stuff), but I look forward to jumping in on the board soon.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Kansas City has a beautiful new arena and no anchor tenant...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the NHL in Seattle - last time the Stanley Cup Finals were held there a pandemic was unleashed on the world...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like thunderbirds (if they can get it from the dub team which is doubtful) or totems for seattle

Their logo is freaking awesome as well:

Seattle_Thunderbirds.png

On the other hand they could go old school and bring back the Metropolitans. Maybe they can even bring back the old sweaters!

2325281098_1ba1ec6c96_o.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their logo is freaking awesome as well:

Seattle_Thunderbirds.png

that logo is one of the best imo ... they wont get the name but if they used Totems, they could still steal ... err ... i mean ... use aspects of the native indian motif on the logo that the Thunderbirds have

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
reports of a Seattle arena announcement tomorrow