• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't look like too bad of a drive. And you had me at "Pizza Park".

Thanks!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Penguins. The most annoying thing is they can’t even Cap circumvent well and unlike the Bolts this will end their playoff streak.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@forty_three , if you find yourself with extra time and $20-$30 to burn, you're welcome:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about Pittsburgh is when you are driving into it down a sketchy highway that is massively under construction that winds sharply to the right and to the left, then suddenly every lane goes a different direction and to different highways and then BOOM there's a fucking tunnel and when you are through it it's all lanes go to a different place but let's add in the fact that eleventy lanes from different highways come in at the exact same moment you are trying to find the right place to go for yours.

And they put french fries on sandwiches.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about Pittsburgh is when you are driving into it down a sketchy highway that is massively under construction that winds sharply to the right and to the left, then suddenly every lane goes a different direction and to different highways and then BOOM there's a fucking tunnel and when you are through it it's all lanes go to a different place but let's add in the fact that eleventy lanes from different highways come in at the exact same moment you are trying to find the right place to go for yours.

And they put french fries on sandwiches.
Fort Pitt Tunnel is insane if you don't know where you are going, but the view will make you forget. :D

Best bet if you plan on going to the Northside (IE..near the stadiums) be in the left lane and stay left at the first fork and then right at the second fork. Going into the city be in the left lane and sort of stay straight. Going east towards Monroeville be in the right lane and stay right.

Yes a total clusterfuck of a highway system. That's what you get when you try and but slam an interstate system with no room around a city.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fort Pitt Tunnel is insane if you don't know where you are going, but the view will make you forget. :D

Best bet if you plan on going to the Northside (IE..near the stadiums) be in the left lane and stay left at the first fork and then right at the second fork. Going into the city be in the left lane and sort of stay straight. Going east towards Monroeville be in the right lane and stay right.

Yes a total clusterfuck of a highway system. That's what you get when you try and but slam an interstate system with no room around a city.
Ah yes, the giant 4 door Jeep with the punisher sticker in the window. Beautiful.

So with construction, I wound up going across the river past the stadiums and off the highway. Then back across the river to the hotel. I can see PPG from my window. I was surprised to see that they still have Phil Kessel's hot dog delivery crane up when he's been gone for so long.
Your GPS didn't tell you which lane in the tunnel to be in to get where you're going? Should've downloaded the yinzer app.
I did download the yinzer app but all it did was identify all the places to get a tattoo sleeve.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, the giant 4 door Jeep with the punisher sticker in the window. Beautiful.

So with construction, I wound up going across the river past the stadiums and off the highway. Then back across the river to the hotel. I can see PPG from my window. I was surprised to see that they still have Phil Kessel's hot dog delivery crane up when he's been gone for so long.

I did download the yinzer app but all it did was identify all the places to get a tattoo sleeve.
Since you declined fries on your sandwich and salad, you only get the "free" version.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get some nice ones?
no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-0.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get some nice ones?
The centerpiece is Evgeni Malkin biting the head off a bat. Or as they called it the "number 5".I almost went with the number 9 which is Terry Bradshaw as a mermaid.

I did manage to find a Chick Fil A that doesn't sell French Fries at all. Can't imagine there's a shortage of potatoes around here.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The centerpiece is Evgeni Malkin biting the head off a bat. Or as they called it the "number 5".I almost went with the number 9 which is Terry Bradshaw as a mermaid.

I did manage to find a Chick Fil A that doesn't sell French Fries at all. Can't imagine there's a shortage of potatoes around here.
You go to Pittsburgh with their multitude of ethnic foods and you eat at a Chik Fil A? You're not doing it right.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go to Pittsburgh with their multitude of ethnic foods and you eat at a Chik Fil A? You're not doing it right.
Didn't say I ate there, just that I found it. It's attached to the hotel. Actually ate at a place with "New York Style" corned beef.

No fries.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say I ate there, just that I found it. It's attached to the hotel. Actually ate at a place with "New York Style" corned beef.

No fries.
Sammy’s. The bartender Bubba was one of the moondogs. Good friend of mine.

I am assuming he was working. Big dude

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy’s. The bartender Bubba was one of the moondogs. Good friend of mine.

I am assuming he was working. Big dude
I'd forgotten about Sammy's. Went there many times when I worked downtown in the 90s. I'll have to make a stop next time I'm there.