• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good. Maybe the Pittsburgh raised Lange wanna-be who does Blue Jackets radio broadcasts will go home. Because Flapjacks on a Ferris Wheel he is annoying.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good. Maybe the Pittsburgh raised Lange wanna-be who does Blue Jackets radio broadcasts will go home. Because Flapjacks on a Ferris Wheel he is annoying.
Even with the gimmicky sayings he did, Lange was a very good broadcaster. There was a time he simulcasted the radio and TV so even on the TV broadcasts you got the full details he went into. Also it meant less talking from Steigerwald which was a HUGE bonus.

As for that Bluejacket commentator ONLY if you take Bob Errey in return.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

well, smoke my kipper with a pop-tart.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you didn't like it then you have to blame Bill King.
Lange — a native of Sacramento, Calif. — said during that interview that he got the idea to use catchphrases from Bill King, who used to call games for the San Francisco/Golden State Warriors, the Oakland A’s and the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pixburghers - What precisely is a "Pittsburgh Cultural District" and what is there to do there? I am coming to a seminar in September and will only have a few hours each of the 3 nights to look around. What good stuff to eat is there? And don't say french fries on sammiches or I will mock you in private.

Is it just endless 70's themed baseball bars playing terrible disco music? Is it maybe Terry Bradshaw strip clubs? Small, hole in the wall escape room places where you have to avoid Crosby hitting you in the nuts? Can I get my hair cut like Troy Polamalu?

How far is it to someplace cool from down there?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pixburghers - What precisely is a "Pittsburgh Cultural District" and what is there to do there? I am coming to a seminar in September and will only have a few hours each of the 3 nights to look around. What good stuff to eat is there? And don't say french fries on sammiches or I will mock you in private.

Is it just endless 70's themed baseball bars playing terrible disco music? Is it maybe Terry Bradshaw strip clubs? Small, hole in the wall escape room places where you have to avoid Crosby hitting you in the nuts? Can I get my hair cut like Troy Polamalu?

How far is it to someplace cool from down there?
Actually, there is a lot of theaters and good things to do: Cultural District. The old strip clubs/areas really was changed over in the last decade.

With that said I by no means are good at recommending places to eat but you can always go for fries on a ...... <just kidding>.

Side note you are going to miss out on Bill Maher: Bill Maher - Pittsburgh | Official Ticket Source | Benedum Center | Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 8:00pm | Live Nation <sarcasm>.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a short walk across the river to the Andy Warhol Museum, but they are only open until 5pm except on Friday nights for half-price admission: Good Fridays | The Andy Warhol Museum

As far as restaurants, there are plenty of choices on Penn Ave. behind the convention center, though I've never been to any of them so I can't vouch:

Two of my favorites are across the river on the North Shore, which would likely require an Uber ride:

Max's Allegheny Tavern (German/Bavarian/Polish/Irish): Menu

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a short walk across the river to the Andy Warhol Museum, but they are only open until 5pm except on Friday nights for half-price admission: Good Fridays | The Andy Warhol Museum

As far as restaurants, there are plenty of choices on Penn Ave. behind the convention center, though I've never been to any of them so I can't vouch:

Two of my favorites are across the river on the North Shore, which would likely require an Uber ride:

Max's Allegheny Tavern (German/Bavarian/Polish/Irish): Menu

The last day they let out at 1:00, so I can wander over to the Warhol Museum. That sounds good. And I will have my car. Not much point in flying from here to there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last day they let out at 1:00, so I can wander over to the Warhol Museum. That sounds good. And I will have my car. Not much point in flying from here to there.
Yeah if you go over to the Warhol (always a good visit) and looking for a casual place to eat just two blocks over near PNC is Mikes Beer Bar. Great food and if you are willing to splurge the filet and scallops were good when I had them.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Let me add, since I recommended a place I just ruined it. :L

One item of note if you are there with anyone, and they want to go to Station Square (why they would no clue?) but it is just the standard chain crap restaurants.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to reiterate my favorite again, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Food and atmosphere is great, prices are reasonable. Here's the Tripadvisor info:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to reiterate my favorite again, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Food and atmosphere is great, prices are reasonable. Here's the Tripadvisor info:

The best for German Food!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what is the best pizza place in the area I am going to be staying in?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wait until now?
"This is not a new injury for Sid. It is something that he has played through for years," said Penguins general manager Ron Hextall. "After exhausting all minimally-invasive options and much discussion, it was decided that surgery was in his best interest."
You had all offseason.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3