• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think the other way around - I don't think THAT highly of Z-Bad and Cowen - sure the first rounder is nice but I think Jared Cowen would rot in Edmonton - he'd need to be in a better environment than that - Z-Bad is a nice player and he might really get it all together but I think they need a little better package in return and the Sens need defensive help too so the fit isn't that great between the two teams

But I agree in the general sense that I don't think teams should be giving up that much for Taylor Hall

The way Zibanejad has looked for the last couple of weeks and how he is progressing (same with Cowen to a degree), I wouldn't even do Zib + 2015 top 10 pick for Hall. Hall doesn't put Ottawa over the top so why give 2 or 3 really good pieces for one guy who is starting to look a little like a coach killer.

Just to add a little perspective, Zibanejad has 3 less points than Hall this year on a team with less offensive firepower surrounding him. And he's just starting to really learn the NHL game and get quality minutes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one but if I'm Nashville I'd certainly think about it. Still have Josi and Weber on the back end and add a top flight scorer.

I think it's something you keep on the backburner until you see what Nashville does in the playoffs this year. If they struggle to score goals and are eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round, maybe you re-visit the discussion.

/In any event, the Oil should wait until the playoffs are over and have 29 teams in the trade discussion.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Zibanejad has looked for the last couple of weeks and how he is progressing (same with Cowen to a degree), I wouldn't even do Zib + 2015 top 10 pick for Hall. Hall doesn't put Ottawa over the top so why give 2 or 3 really good pieces for one guy who is starting to look a little like a coach killer.

Just to add a little perspective, Zibanejad has 3 less points than Hall this year on a team with less offensive firepower surrounding him. And he's just starting to really learn the NHL game and get quality minutes.

I also think that's part of the reason why you don't make the deal because Taylor Hall doesn't put you over the top, so you keep the assets as you said

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One for one swap - Taylor Hall for Seth Jones - I think Poile has a chuckle and hangs up on MacT, what do you guys think?

I dunno...I'd consider that one if I'm the Preds. That said, he's not a center, which would benefit the Preds more. But you see, that's more in the realm of trade possibilities. I put Olli Maatta on a similar level to Seth Jones (less offensive production, but still on a similar talent level), and the deal "proposed" was him and three other valuable assets.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"aquality" snicker

msBJ18L.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above will appear in Thursday's Edmonton Sun...

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above will appear in Thursday's Edmonton Sun...

On Friday, I will have an ad in the Edmonton Sun.

It will read:
Dear Fans,

You do realize Howson is next in line for Lowe's job, right?

Love,
Katz

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since December 5th, the Oilers have more wins that the Flames and Canucks combined. Everything is fine, stay the course Edmonton.