• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's no secret the Oilers need help on the backend. The fact that Griffin Reinhart plays for the Oil Kings makes it easy for an associate of Kevin Lowe to chat him up regarding getting out of the Islanders and playing for the Oilers.

/It's not tampering, it's just encouraging.

When you're in an organization as poorly run as the Islanders, I'm sure it's some kind of dream to even think about playing somewhere like Edmonton.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, this thread dropped down to page 2 again - Craig Button to the rescue...

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 7m
Craig Button "I believe the Oilers are three to four years away from even competing for the playoffs"

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Button "I believe the Oilers are three to four years away from even competing for the playoffs"

LOL

More top picks!

Of course, because Craig Button said it, they'll probably be competing for the cup in 2015

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, this thread dropped down to page 2 again - Craig Button to the rescue...

its button so um,,,,its button

that being said can you imagine if this was true? that would be like wasting 3 first overall draft picks. THREE. or was it more I cant remember anymore. they have so many. I would like just one :(

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although it wouldn't surprise me, it's Craig Button we're talking about, so he might not be the sharpest tool in the toolbox

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its button so um,,,,its button

that being said can you imagine if this was true? that would be like wasting 3 first overall draft picks. THREE. or was it more I cant remember anymore. they have so many. I would like just one :(

Three consecutive first round picks Matty and picking in the top 5 four of the last five years.

/They would have been picking 1st overall again this draft if they would have lost the last game of the season to Vancouver.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three consecutive first round picks Matty and picking in the top 5 four of the last five years.

/They would have been picking 1st overall again this draft if they would have lost the last game of the season to Vancouver.

glad we could help :D screw someones season over lol. thing is without the first overall they may get a better player

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Waits for conspiracy that the Canucks threw the last game so the Oilers couldn't get the first overall pick and the Canucks could get a higher pick* *Oh wait there's no conspiracies!*

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why I keep defending the Oilers, but I am sick like that....

Our drafting the last 5 years has not been the problem. The issue is Lowe and his knuckleheaded GM's cannot seem to put players around them like the Hawks and Pens did. That coupled with the fact Edmonton is a UFA no zone makes it more difficult to build a contender fast here

The mindset seems to be to create two top scoring lines and watch the wins roll in, giving no thought to thr 3rd and 4th line and having warriors to grind out tough games. Not even to mention their complete lack of knowledge about defense men which given Lowe used to be one is even more sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our drafting the last 5 years has not been the problem. The issue is Lowe and his knuckleheaded GM's cannot seem to put players around them like the Hawks and Pens did. That coupled with the fact Edmonton is a UFA no zone makes it more difficult to build a contender fast here

Well early on they've drafted well but the problem is that they can't draft for shit in later rounds, that's what makes the top teams good - it's easy to make a halfway decent pick if you have the number one overall for three straight years, but it's what you do in the later rounds that mean just as much - you're not going to be able to sign all kinds of guys as UFAs to complement the top players so they need to draft well later on in the draft - they could close their eyes, make a pick with the number one overall and get someone decent by default, but when they have to start thinking about who they need to pick they suck at it

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one positive is our AHL team seems to be doing well these days, so we obviously have some depth in the organization...until Lowe deals them all for some magic beans ofc

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The mindset seems to be to create two top scoring lines and watch the wins roll in, giving no thought to thr 3rd and 4th line and having warriors to grind out tough games. Not even to mention their complete lack of knowledge about defense men which given Lowe used to be one is even more sad.

Lucky for you we have this "Clarkson" guy that might be available...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one positive is our AHL team seems to be doing well these days, so we obviously have some depth in the organization...until Lowe deals them all for some magic beans ofc

They don't appear at first glance to have a terribly young roster though. You can't build with a bunch of John Slaneys

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at guys like Mitch Moroz, Tyler Pitlick, Martin Marincin, and David Musil as the young guys in the Oilers system and yeah, there's not a lot of sizzle foshizzle.

Edit: I guess you can thrown Oscar Klefbom into the mix as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at guys like Mitch Moroz, Tyler Pitlick, Martin Marincin, and David Musil as the young guys in the Oilers system and yeah, there's not a lot of sizzle foshizzle.

you're adorable when you go street

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the Scott Oake to Snoop Dogg (and Coley is hilarious at the end).

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers are officially the Edmonton Oilers of the NBA - first overall after first overall and they still suck

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco Dan will be coaching this team by Thanksgiving - BOOK IT!

/maybe even Canadian Thanksgiving