• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew about this during the playoff run, but delayed his surgery until the 3rd week of September. Geez, what part of violating the spirit of the cap does this fall under, Gary?!?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew about this during the playoff run, but delayed his surgery until the 3rd week of September. Geez, what part of violating the spirit of the cap does this fall under, Gary?!?

I guess the flip side is it’s not really uncommon anymore for guys to wait out the off-season to get surgery if it’s not completely debilitating.

The rich athlete version of boss makes a dollar I make a dime…

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do believe that it is cap circumvention at its finest but I will say that there are some injuries that cant be performed immediatley. They have to have some natural healing or the inflammation to go down before they can perform them which is the only reason why I will give the benefit of the doubt on some players that wait for the surgery...

anyway

:puke:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that it is cap circumvention at its finest but I will say that there are some injuries that cant be performed immediatley. They have to have some natural healing or the inflammation to go down before they can perform them which is the only reason why I will give the benefit of the doubt on some players that wait for the surgery...

anyway

:puke:

That is true Matty but it doesn't hold much water for me when there were reports during the summer that they (the Oilers) were having trouble finding surgeons available to perform the surgery.

Kane is at the point in his career where he can sit back and collect money not to play hockey and it benefits the Oilers as he is no longer an impact player and they can fill his spot with somebody who can.

For the record, I don't really blame the Oilers, they're just doing the very same thing that several teams before them have done.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true Matty but it doesn't hold much water for me when there were reports during the summer that they (the Oilers) were having trouble finding surgeons available to perform the surgery.

Kane is at the point in his career where he can sit back and collect money not to play hockey and it benefits the Oilers as he is no longer an impact player and they can fill his spot with somebody who can.

For the record, I don't really blame the Oilers, they're just doing the very same thing that several teams before them have done.

I agree

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still only pre-season hockey, but the Oilers lost 6-1 to the Jets tonight after losing 6-1 to the Flames a couple of nights ago.
Is it time to panic?