• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time, I think we should all pause and take a quick stroll down memory lane.

From the 2016 draft thread:

Then at #3 CBJ was on the clock

Ahhh, the vagaries of drafting 18 year olds

And now back to our regularly scheduled program(me)
I have little doubt that if Pully was on a team like the Jackets he'd be a solid NHLer at the moment.

He's yet another victim of botched Oiler development. Remember that at one time Draisaitl looked like he was a bad pick and that the Oilers had fucked him up as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little doubt that if Pully was on a team like the Jackets he'd be a solid NHLer at the moment.

He's yet another victim of botched Oiler development. Remember that at one time Draisaitl looked like he was a bad pick and that the Oilers had fucked him up as well.

Everytime I think of Edmonton's development system I remember Devan Dubnyk and how he thrived leaving. If Edmonton wastes more years of Connor I don't know how thehis fans would react

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time, I think we should all pause and take a quick stroll down memory lane.

From the 2016 draft thread:

Then at #3 CBJ was on the clock

Ahhh, the vagaries of drafting 18 year olds

And now back to our regularly scheduled program(me)

In my defense, I thought for sure they could have added an asset to trade down for him. Hindsight being 2020 we know now that Montreal was ready to jump up and grab PLD by trading Subban (possibly to Vancouver or straight ahead to Edmonton). He wouldn't have been there at the time of the Jackets next pick, and our scouts were laser focused on him. No way the Jackets would have / could have traded the third to Montreal.

I am not so sure. I mean, he would be better off than he is now most likely. But all along Jarmo had something against drafting him. I will forever be convinced he knew something about the kid. He wasn't going to touch him with a ten foot pole.

Everytime I think of Edmonton's development system I remember Devan Dubnyk and how he thrived leaving. If Edmonton wastes more years of Connor I don't know how thehis fans would react

Sam Gagner too. Even Taylor Hall was leaning toward a disappointment and then moved on and became a fucking Hart Trophy winner. It's one reason why I want Nuge so bad. Players get shit done when they leave there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eberle has been a pretty good player for NYI since leaving Greaserville. To be fair, he wasn't a bad player in Edmonton, had one bad playoff year and they decided to ship him out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nail Yakupov was at the very least an NHL player. He may have always been destined to be a bust but you won't convince me he was at least capable of around 20 goals/yr had, say, Dallas drafted him.

If Edmonton wastes more years of Connor I don't know how thehis fans would react
Connor did some media rounds here this week and the next day the guys on the radio were discussing how sad it was that the best player in the game had been to the playoffs once in his first four seasons and had to answer questions about the upcoming season with responses like "We have some good young players coming up".

If they suck again this year and nobody's ever lost money betting on Oilers ineptitude, he needs to nut the fuck up and ask out. The game is actually suffering from him being in such a terrible situation at this point.

I am not so sure. I mean, he would be better off than he is now most likely. But all along Jarmo had something against drafting him. I will forever be convinced he knew something about the kid. He wasn't going to touch him with a ten foot pole.
Hindsight made it pretty clear PLD was higher on most teams' boards than Pully.

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Edmonton

Isn't this the international sign of distress?!?

u42i4q0tksl31.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows you can't draw too much from pre-season games, but you can certainly draw some conclusions on who is not in the lineup. Watching last night's Oilers - Canucks game and the Oilers would really be sunk without McWonderful and Draisaitl.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Everybody knows you can't draw too much from pre-season games, but you can certainly draw some conclusions on who is not in the lineup. Watching last night's Oilers - Canucks game and the Oilers would really be sunk without McWonderful and Draisaitl.
Likely sunk even with them :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Canucks keep pouring it on, maybe we will see a Oilers jersey toss in a pre-season game.