• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I speak on behalf of all hockey fans when I say

Fuck Edmonton

I'm not rooting for Edmonton to win the draft lottery, but there's a small piece of me that hopes that they do in order to stick it to Bettman and the league for having all this time to fix a flawed system and doing nothing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anarchist in me wants to see Ottawa (nee Colorado) win it just for the drama.

But I would actually not mind seeing Montreal or Vancouver win it. Good franchises that are just so fucking close.

And Fuck Florida. They get Q and will gets Panarin and Bob this summer. NO HUGHES TOO

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the ones that matter

/except for those lousy tier 2 fans.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that last part that matters more than anything else - all of the people who enabled him are still there! Bob Nicholson, GREAT HOCKEY MAN, is making decisions after 5 years of incompetence which was preceded by exactly zero years of NHL experience.

At some point next season there are going to be discussions in the media on where McDavid could realistically land and it won't be ridiculous for them to be doing so.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples is rife with the Edmonton inferiority complex:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, these topics will be addressed if leafs lose in the first round :noidea:

I think the point is (at least in my opinion based on my twitter feed) is that these topics have already being discussed. I guess I find it amusing that Staples is so easily triggered when media outside of Edmonton have the audacity to question whether or not McDavid wants to stay in Edmonton or if Draisaitl should be traded.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point is (at least in my opinion based on my twitter feed) is that these topics have already being discussed. I guess I find it amusing that Staples is so easily triggered when media outside of Edmonton have the audacity to question whether or not McDavid wants to stay in Edmonton or if Draisaitl should be traded.

The way i look at it ... the examples staples is bringing up slant towards critiques of management (hes using leafs as the example). Leafs media will go there at least. Coiler local media never go there lol. Theyd rather blame the player ... like Toby!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, these topics will be addressed if leafs lose in the first round :noidea:
They all either are at the moment already, have been recently or as you said 100% will be once they lose to Boston.

I don't think a hockey radio segment here has gone by without mentioning that Babcock hasn't won in the playoffs in a decade, that he isn't Dubas' handpicked coach and how he could be feeling the heat after these playoffs.

We're not even two months removed from Mitch Marner's dad legit doing an in depth interview in which he said his son should be the highest paid player on the team and should be in the running for the captaincy.

And if/when the Leafs lose, there are absolutely going to be people bitching that the Leafs never went anywhere with all these guys on their ELC's.

Beyond that, what do the Leafs even have to do with the Oilers? I swear half the garbage I've seen out of Edmonton journos this week has been some sort of whataboutism regarding the Leafs.

tenor.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk has been about McDavid but why isn't anyone mentioning if Draisaitl's going to ask for a trade? He's been there even longer than McDavid and Germans have learned their lesson before about staying too long in the wintry tundra without results.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all either are at the moment already, have been recently or as you said 100% will be once they lose to Boston.

For sure theyve (leafs media) touched on the topics but the playoff hope is still there right now ... it will get amped up to straight fire if they lose

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk has been about McDavid but why isn't anyone mentioning if Draisaitl's going to ask for a trade? He's been there even longer than McDavid and Germans have learned their lesson before about staying too long in the wintry tundra without results.

I just hope they don't start talking about RNH until after he is centering Columbus' third line. Keep it under the radar.