• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me this poster is hanging in McDavid's locker
1af33bbe837b9b1d65c9ac632afc856f90796618695ce6561dfb09387fefac18.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure to put this here or the jersey foul thread:

cropped_mcjesus.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
combined +/- is still the best stat ever lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say this - On a good NHL team, Kris Russell is a 5/6 defenseman who can play as a 3/4 when it is needed (injuries etc.). That Oilers homers like Stauffer are going to these lengths to heap praise on Kris Russell clearly indicates that there are still plenty of holes on this Oilers team.

/Also, the Jets need to fire Paul Maurice, there is something wrong with that team.
//It starts with goaltending

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say this - On a good NHL team, Kris Russell is a 5/6 defenseman who can play as a 3/4 when it is needed (injuries etc.). That Oilers homers like Stauffer are going to these lengths to heap praise on Kris Russell clearly indicates that there are still plenty of holes on this Oilers team.

/Also, the Jets need to fire Paul Maurice, there is something wrong with that team.
//It starts with goaltending

i said it all along that they would do him like they did Brad Ference ... play him too many minutes as a 1 or 2 when he is a bottom pairing guy

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of hue and cry out of Edmonton this morning regarding the concussion spotter's decision to remove McJesus from last night's game:

“I was pretty shocked, to be honest,” McDavid said after his Oilers dropped a 2-1 overtime decision to Minnesota, McDavid’s second straight pointless game. “I hit my mouth on the ice. You reach up and grab your mouth when you get hit in the mouth; it’s a pretty normal thing. Obviously the spotter thought he knew how I was feeling. He pulled me off.

“A [crappy] time of the game too. We had a bit of a partial five-on-three and then a power play late in the second game that if we had capitalized on that, it could have changed the game.”

http://SportsHoopla.com/jv6do37

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of hue and cry out of Edmonton this morning regarding the concussion spotter's decision to remove McJesus from last night's game:

“I was pretty shocked, to be honest,” McDavid said after his Oilers dropped a 2-1 overtime decision to Minnesota, McDavid’s second straight pointless game. “I hit my mouth on the ice. You reach up and grab your mouth when you get hit in the mouth; it’s a pretty normal thing. Obviously the spotter thought he knew how I was feeling. He pulled me off.

“A [crappy] time of the game too. We had a bit of a partial five-on-three and then a power play late in the second game that if we had capitalized on that, it could have changed the game.”

http://SportsHoopla.com/jv6do37
I am completely OK with this, even acknowledging that the NHL - SHOCKINGLY - has had some consistency issues here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're probably dealing with a miniscule sample size at the moment but have they actually caught any concussions yet?

If they keep pulling guys who aren't concussed I can't see this system lasting very long.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're probably dealing with a miniscule sample size at the moment but have they actually caught any concussions yet?

If they keep pulling guys who aren't concussed I can't see this system lasting very long.

They were discussing it on the radio this morning - What if a concussion spotter pulls a star player out of a playoff game 7? He might not make it out of the arena.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were discussing it on the radio this morning - What if a concussion spotter pulls a star player out of a playoff game 7? He might not make it out of the arena.
That's why the spotters watch via monitor in NYC, but I'm sure this will happen if the Leafs ever make it to a Cup final. Probably right after the opposing team's star player gets away with clearing the puck into the crowd.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's kinda two ways to look at that element though.

If teams know that they're being watched by an independent spotter, I would think they're more likely to take action on their own, rather than waiting for the spotter to call down. This reduces the likelihood of the spotter actually catching anything, but still meets the ultimate objective.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's kinda two ways to look at that element though.

If teams know that they're being watched by an independent spotter, I would think they're more likely to take action on their own, rather than waiting for the spotter to call down. This reduces the likelihood of the spotter actually catching anything, but still meets the ultimate objective.
With the added caveat of a spotter taking Mitch Marner out for 20 minutes of game 7 of the 2018 Stanley Cup Final.