• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As odd as it seems, if you're going on stats alone, the only one you could take issue with would be goaltending. Braden "the Sieve" Holtby wasn't named first star of the week, but his stats are better.

But so far, Edmonton is actually ahead in GF, PP, and PK. Weird.

It is fun to see Oilers fans puffing their chests out these days, they're off to a great start in a shiny new building and all is right with the world. It will make it all the more enjoyable when it comes crashing back down to Earth later this season.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems legit.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

giphy.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As odd as it seems, if you're going on stats alone, the only one you could take issue with would be goaltending. Braden "the Sieve" Holtby wasn't named first star of the week, but his stats are better.

But so far, Edmonton is actually ahead in GF, PP, and PK. Weird.
Exactly, they're SSS'ing this to death. Going by player histories and typical production I doubt there's a statistical model anywhere that would place Edmonton's scoring, PP or PK ahead of what Washington can provide at the moment.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, they're SSS'ing this to death. Going by player histories and typical production I doubt there's a statistical model anywhere that would place Edmonton's scoring, PP or PK ahead of what Washington can provide at the moment.

Exactly. By their rationale Ryan Dzingel >>> Jamie Benn. In this case it's probably the truth but you can't say that after 6 games.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently last season's game count as intangibles - good to know so from now on when somebody mentions intangibles I know what they are talking about

/5-2 Caps win tonight - bet the farm on it

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to the Oilers, although that was a piss poor effort from the Capitals last night - TJ Oshie did a nice lumberjack routine on Cam Talbot though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Russell was a great pickup for them.
So far Edmonton is 24th in the league in possession and has the 5th most shots against.

The Russell-Sekera pairing leads their blue line in ice time.

I do not think that is a coincidence. If Talbot's form dips, well, see Canadiens, Montreal, 2015-16.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I watched a full Coilers game for the first time this year. This team is better than they've looked in 10 years. McLellan has them playing pretty well.

I'm not 100% convinced that they're a playoff team this year but I think they'll be competitive all year. Talbot looked great yesterday too.

:pout::pout::pout:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I watched a full Coilers game for the first time this year. This team is better than they've looked in 10 years. McLellan has them playing pretty well.

I'm not 100% convinced that they're a playoff team this year but I think they'll be competitive all year. Talbot looked great yesterday too.

:pout::pout::pout:
It's a lot about Talbot staying close to his current form but there definitely has been improvement.

They're still a one line team and still don't have their PP where it needs to be. They're still allowing too many shots on goal and at some point they are really going to have to figure out WTF to do with RNH because throwing him on the third line is just killing whatever talent the kid has left.

I'd say there's optimism but the fact it's Chiarelli who will be making the moves to fix these issues likely means they'll wind up with a second-rate version of everything they need and even McDavid and good Talbot may not be enough to get them in.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say I have not paid much attention to them. How has Larsson been?

They are quite happy with his play thus far, Nasty, although the Oilers (as BBB alluded to above) are still giving up a ton of shots. I guess what I'm saying is that the defense looks better when you have a goalie playing lights out which Cam Talbot is doing. Oilers hit the road for a while here, let's see how well they do away from their new digs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, the kool-aid is strong with this one...