• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be fitting

You left out probably the Canucks own goal classic of all time, Lars Lindgren, vs the Edmonton Oilers circa 1982 (I'm dating myself here). The Canucks were 10 seconds away from achieving one of the most difficult things in the 1980's, beating the Oilers (Gretzky et al...) in their own barn, by a 2-1 score. This was something the Canucks never did, routinely getting pounded by the Oilers (where do you think all Gretzky's scoring records come from, right, Vancouver).
Clean face-off win right to Lindgren who was standing on the goal line in the corner. All he had to do to cement the victory was rim the puck around the boards and down the ice. Inexplicably he instead fired the puck directly along the goal line, under the goalies skate and directly into the net, a shot he couldn't replicate again if he tried 100 times. It took me weeks to recover even though by then I had become somewhat immune to the routine calamities that struck the Canucks of that era. It would be great to find some video of that as I know that BCTV broadcast it as I watched that game.

I remember that game.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the full beard on Taylor Hall face's - Hey Taylor, you're supposed to make the playoffs first, then start growing the beard. Oh well, maybe you'll get traded to another team in the off-season that has made the playoffs in the last decade.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the full beard on Taylor Hall face's - Hey Taylor, you're supposed to make the playoffs first, then start growing the beard. Oh well, maybe you'll get traded to another team in the off-season that has made the playoffs in the last decade.
I won't be watching.
Step away from the Coil, dash.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been fitting to have a fire alarm go off with about half a minute left in the third. Oh well, there is still time for it to happen during the closing ceremonies.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Oil, you added a new coach, a new goalie, a couple of new defensemen, and a generational player and with one game left, you have a whopping total of two points more than you accumulated all last season with one game left to play.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Oil, you added a new coach, a new goalie, a couple of new defensemen, and a generational player and with one game left, you have a whopping total of two points more than you accumulated all last season with one game left to play.

cheers_law_and_order.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is Kevin Lowe isn't involved anymore. Hard to make progress when you neutralize a guy who has SIX RINGS