• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these guys could really use a Dale Carnegie course on public speaking - How about the phrase "playing smarter", "being selective" or even "picking my spots". Yes, I understand you're not going to be going 100% at all times for 82 games, but "playing like a chicken?"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these guys could really use a Dale Carnegie course on public speaking - How about the phrase "playing smarter", "being selective" or even "picking my spots". Yes, I understand you're not going to be going 100% at all times for 82 games, but "playing like a chicken?"

at least he didnt say playing like a pussy or fairy boy lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall, not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer - The fun really starts about 2:20 into the video.

Send this kid to C-Bus. He needs to be Tortafied ASAP.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor McJesus is my co-pilot, says Taylor Hall.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples: 2016-17 play-offs? You can book it. They have the coach. They’ve got the best group of attackers in the NHL (when they all get healthy). And their defence isn’t so bad as many fear or say. As for this year, I’m going to say the Oilers finish 23rd overall. When McDavid gets back, this team will start to gallop. Yes, I’m bullish on the Oil 2016. I’m all in.

Cult of Hockey: No playoffs for Oilers, but book it in 2016-17

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said prior to this year that next year they'd be in the playoffs. I still think that's true assuming McDavid comes back, picks up where he left off and doesn't soph slump it. I think while Anaheim's picked it up as of late that forward group is on its last legs, while Edmonton next year will probably have more offensive weapons than Calgary (and almost certainly Vancouver) and if they manage to trade an offensive piece/draft pick for a top 4 defenceman they'll be a lot closer in that regard to Calgary than they are now too. Sharks are a mystery these days and AZ still has a year or two of maturing to do.

Fun times are coming to an end, I think.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples: 2016-17 play-offs? You can book it. They have the coach. They’ve got the best group of attackers in the NHL (when they all get healthy). And their defence isn’t so bad as many fear or say. As for this year, I’m going to say the Oilers finish 23rd overall. When McDavid gets back, this team will start to gallop. Yes, I’m bullish on the Oil 2016. I’m all in.

Cult of Hockey: No playoffs for Oilers, but book it in 2016-17

Staples: Now that we’ve got McDavid, I’m full up on lottery luck. It would be pigging out in grotesque manner to also win the lottery and get Matthews. But one of those two big Finnish forwards would be swell.

Ohh.. NOW it would be grotesque? And all you want is Puljujarvi or Laine?

What a bunch of spoiled fucking brats.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staples: My biggest fear is also a rash move by management in a trade, moving a guy like RNH and Eberle before they truly see all he can bring as a two-way player. Because in the past these two have both brought much more.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said prior to this year that next year they'd be in the playoffs. I still think that's true assuming McDavid comes back, picks up where he left off and doesn't soph slump it. I think while Anaheim's picked it up as of late that forward group is on its last legs, while Edmonton next year will probably have more offensive weapons than Calgary (and almost certainly Vancouver) and if they manage to trade an offensive piece/draft pick for a top 4 defenceman they'll be a lot closer in that regard to Calgary than they are now too. Sharks are a mystery these days and AZ still has a year or two of maturing to do.

Fun times are coming to an end, I think.

The bottom line is that they can't continue to be terrible forever, but they are still a very unbalanced team (they have some talented forwards, but the defense corps is still not good and there are still question marks between the pipes). Even with these talented forwards, it's not as if they are filling the net with pucks (still in the bottom 3rd of the league in goals scored). Certainly McDavid will help that cause when he returns.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that they can't continue to be terrible forever, but they are still a very unbalanced team (they have some talented forwards, but the defense corps is still not good and there are still question marks between the pipes). Even with these talented forwards, it's not as if they are filling the net with pucks (still in the bottom 3rd of the league in goals scored). Certainly McDavid will help that cause when he returns.
Very true, but at this point I think you have to assume they'd be in on d-men that might be available like Buff, Trouba, Jones (lol), Barrie, Fowler, Lindholm, Dumba, Hamonic etc. Any one of those guys along with an extra year's experience from Nurse is a huge upgrade on the blue line.

Of course, they also might just go full-Oiler and sign Luke Schenn and Keith Yandle to insane contracts.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but at this point I think you have to assume they'd be in on d-men that might be available like Buff, Trouba, Jones (lol), Barrie, Fowler, Lindholm, Dumba, Hamonic etc. Any one of those guys along with an extra year's experience from Nurse is a huge upgrade on the blue line.

Of course, they also might just go full-Oiler and sign Luke Schenn and Keith Yandle to insane contracts.

It's funny you mention Hamonic, the media fanboys in Edmonton are now targeting him.

/Of course, they're also ripping on Seth Jones (overrated, wouldn't trade RNH for Jones etc.).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny you mention Hamonic, the media fanboys in Edmonton are now targeting him.

/Of course, they're also ripping on Seth Jones (overrated, wouldn't trade RNH for Jones etc.).
If I had to choose between Jones and Hamonic, much as I like Hamonic, I wouldn't even let you finish the question before answering.