• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's a first, Todd McClellan basically threw in the towel tonight and didn't pull his goalie after Gio scored to make the score 5-3 with 2 minutes left. The Edmonton Oil Tankers indeed.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Schultz is the gift that keeps on giving away pucks in his own zone. Just horribad.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more sign that Oilers management has a the joke lo these past 9 years or so...

Buccigross: What is your parental discipline approach to your two children (Henry, age 5, and Nathan, 3)?

O'Sullivan: We use timeouts and take away things from them they like. I don't think a light spank to get your point across is the end of the world. It's not something I'm interested in ... but I know the difference. Abuse is passed down, for sure, but I have put the money and time into my own health. People who don't have the means or time to get healthy don't get healthy. I asked the Edmonton Oilers for some help with my emotional issues. I got traded a month later. When I brought it up, they didn't say a word. Guys with substance abuse issues get multiple chances and people commend them for getting help, as they should. Guys with depression or off-ice issues are looked at totally differently. Players don't feel like they can say anything because it's a huge red flag. You say you need to see a psychologist and you'll get a call from your agent saying he spoke to the GM and wants to know what your 'problem' is. The NHLPA has a great substance abuse program, but good luck getting in touch with someone to help with emotional issues. That's why I did everything on my own when I retired. They are useless. They just want to feed you to people so they get their kickbacks.

Buccigross: Patrick O'Sullivan moving on from heartbreaking childhood

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The German in the middle wasn't exactly showing the stereotypical work effort on that goal either :D

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell just how big of a mess the Oilers d is by that - Hall is pointing to the guy who will score but Schultz doesn't seem to realize he's even there. I think Justin Schultz has by far and away contributed the least to the Oilers during their gold years and that is saying something.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another coffee table book entry:

View attachment 70661

Let's be fair. The goal scorer clearly has Gretzky-esque vision, finding the open ice and all. The passer had to make a low-percentage pass, threading it through multiple defenders.......

Aw, screw it. I can't even be bothered. Obviously the Oil will get Matthews too.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more sign that Oilers management has a the joke lo these past 9 years or so...

Buccigross: What is your parental discipline approach to your two children (Henry, age 5, and Nathan, 3)?

O'Sullivan: We use timeouts and take away things from them they like. I don't think a light spank to get your point across is the end of the world. It's not something I'm interested in ... but I know the difference. Abuse is passed down, for sure, but I have put the money and time into my own health. People who don't have the means or time to get healthy don't get healthy. I asked the Edmonton Oilers for some help with my emotional issues. I got traded a month later. When I brought it up, they didn't say a word. Guys with substance abuse issues get multiple chances and people commend them for getting help, as they should. Guys with depression or off-ice issues are looked at totally differently. Players don't feel like they can say anything because it's a huge red flag. You say you need to see a psychologist and you'll get a call from your agent saying he spoke to the GM and wants to know what your 'problem' is. The NHLPA has a great substance abuse program, but good luck getting in touch with someone to help with emotional issues. That's why I did everything on my own when I retired. They are useless. They just want to feed you to people so they get their kickbacks.

Buccigross: Patrick O'Sullivan moving on from heartbreaking childhood

When he says players with depression or off ice issues are looked at totally differently it seems to me he's not just talking about the Oilers, but the league in general. Yes or no?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he says players with depression or off ice issues are looked at totally differently it seems to me he's not just talking about the Oilers, but the league in general. Yes or no?

I think you can infer that Patrick O'Sullivan is talking about the league in general and to be fair, in the last several years, the views on depression/mental illness have changed quite a bit (not only in the NHL, but in society as a whole) That said, it doesn't sound like the Oilers were all that accommodating in trying to get the kind of help that Patrick O'Sullivan was seeking and it's just one more example of an organization that requires a significant makeover from top-down.

/Bob Nicholson was a great hire and I think he will definitely help clean out some of the rotten core in the Oilers organization.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can infer that Patrick O'Sullivan is talking about the league in general and to be fair, in the last several years, the views on depression/mental illness have changed quite a bit (not only in the NHL, but in society as a whole) That said, it doesn't sound like the Oilers were all that accommodating in trying to get the kind of help that Patrick O'Sullivan was seeking and it's just one more example of an organization that requires a significant makeover from top-down.

/Bob Nicholson was a great hire and I think he will definitely help clean out some of the rotten core in the Oilers organization.

It's unfortunate that O'Sullivan wasn't able to get the help he needed during his hockey career. Glad he's gotten help since then. My question is I don't understand why teams would have a problem with players going to a psychologist. I guess I'm wrong in thinking that athletes from many sports have been going to sports psychologists for quite some time?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently McDavid signed the painting below.

12506649_10153144300271012_1674126149_n.jpg

I'm not going to rip on a 18 year old kid, that said, you don't have to sign everything that is put in front of you (especially when it's a terrible painting)

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Painting should have him with his jersey off and strewn on the ice to add a semblance of reality.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently McDavid signed the painting below.

View attachment 73473

I'm not going to rip on a 18 year old kid, that said, you don't have to sign everything that is put in front of you (especially when it's a terrible painting)

Wow ... Your wife and daughters got you quite the xmas gift dash!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall, not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer - The fun really starts about 2:20 into the video.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall, not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer - The fun really starts about 2:20 into the video.

cant look at the vid now but is this where he says hes been a lil chicken at times this year? lol

/i know we like to immortalize the heroic unwavering strength of some team captains but Ive heard chicken (irony?) parm say it hundreds of times ... that no one goes 100% 82 games a year ... coasting and skating with your feet up are a part of the game lol ... i will agree halls pretty dumb to publically admit to it though