• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for colour guy Drew Remenda, all i can think about is the northen Italian dialect word rimandare (which sounds similar to his surname) which means "to throw up"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the hype machine is running at full capacity.

A player such as McDavid rarely comes along. If he performs and develops as expected, there could be scoring records, Stanley Cups and individual awards, and an abundance of smaller milestones along the way.

Hall of Fame awaits pieces of hockey history with Connor McDavid’s debut

the hype machine has me reading things that arent even there

yesterday my brain processed the headline as "McDavid will enter Hall" to which I thought "fuck that ... predicting hall of fame already???" then quickly to "wait ... he's gonna be inside Taylor (not that theres anything wrong with that)" to finally ... after 30 minutes ... "oh hes centering a line with Hall" :noidea:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliers on pace for 41 goals this season. And I did not leave the zero off that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 43's link:

Goaltender

#33 Cam Talbot, 7. He’s been absolutely everything the Oilers could have asked for, and it hasn’t mattered through two games. He made a bunch of good saves against the Predators, including an impressive breakaway stop on Wilson, and at least as importantly he stopped all the goals that he should have. He ended the game with 24 saves on 26 shots for a 0.923 save percentage; he’s now 0-2-0 on the year with a 0.929 save percentage overall.

No wonder goalies are eccentric.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 43's link:

Goaltender

#33 Cam Talbot, 7. He’s been absolutely everything the Oilers could have asked for, and it hasn’t mattered through two games. He made a bunch of good saves against the Predators, including an impressive breakaway stop on Wilson, and at least as importantly he stopped all the goals that he should have. He ended the game with 24 saves on 26 shots for a 0.923 save percentage; he’s now 0-2-0 on the year with a 0.929 save percentage overall.

No wonder goalies are eccentric.

Meh, it's a job.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop me if you've heard this one before:

It's Thanksgiving and the Oilers are in last pla..

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports are Auston Matthews has taken up Cricket.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just checking in, how's that McDavid kid doing? Is this the second coming of Nail Yakupov?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just checking in, how's that McDavid kid doing? Is this the second coming of Nail Yakupov?

lol - The kid is not having a lot of fun currently (some pained expressions on his face as they pan the Oilers bench). The problem is that people throw the term generational talent around too freely, Howe was a generational talent, Orr was a generational talent, so were Gretzky and Lemieux, but in my opinion, that's it. That doesn't mean that he won't be a very good player, but is he going to be lights out better than anybody else in the league? I don't think so.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - The kid is not having a lot of fun currently (some pained expressions on his face as they pan the Oilers bench). The problem is that people throw the term generational talent around too freely, Howe was a generational talent, Orr was a generational talent, so were Gretzky and Lemieux, but in my opinion, that's it. That doesn't mean that he won't be a very good player, but is he going to be lights out better than anybody else in the league? I don't think so.

The NHL has a tendency to be a bit humbling at times. I wonder when the McBust headlines start coming in....

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL has a tendency to be a bit humbling at times. I wonder when the McBust headlines start coming in....

What I like about his game already is that he is defensively responsible (much more so than Taylor Hall) and the kid is only 18. He just needs to relax and get a greasy goal (lucky bounce in off his keester) to break the ice.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crosby was "generational". Prior to the concussions there really wasn't a comparable player in terms of consistent production in the league and he was doing it despite playing with jabronis.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crosby was "generational". Prior to the concussions there really wasn't a comparable player in terms of consistent production in the league and he was doing it despite playing with jabronis.

As much as I hate that turd burglar Crosby, I'd say he was generational as well.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby is pretty borderline but I'd go with non-generational. He has as many Art Rosses over the last dozen years as two other people in the league, one of whom plays on his team. The other one is some sort of French speaking leprechaun.

If Crosby's generation has a defining player I'd lean towards OV. His goal-scoring is just that much better than anyone else since he's been in the league. He's more of a unique player than Crosby, IMO.

Although I'd take the center I think OV is the guy who kind of changed how certain players approach the game.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of chatter with the Oilers in Calgary on Saturday night that an "Eichel's better" chant might get going (lol).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby is pretty borderline but I'd go with non-generational. He has as many Art Rosses over the last dozen years as two other people in the league, one of whom plays on his team. The other one is some sort of French speaking leprechaun.

If Crosby's generation has a defining player I'd lean towards OV. His goal-scoring is just that much better than anyone else since he's been in the league. He's more of a unique player than Crosby, IMO.

Although I'd take the center I think OV is the guy who kind of changed how certain players approach the game.
He has 5 100 pt+ seasons and likely would've had 3 more were his seasons not cut short by injury. Ovechkin's had 4 100 pt seasons, Malkin 3. Even last season he had a higher points-per-game rate than Benn despite the fact his linemates combined for only 91 points, less than Kessel's linemates in Toronto. That's some crazy production.