• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is their best defenseman.
Not in the future, right now.

Wait? I was told that Justin Schultz was going to be better than Erik Karlsson by 2014 at THE LATEST!! If Nurse is actually better than him... well then I guess...

head-explodes-o.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible...

/...Terrible that I can't stop laughing.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec3m3 minutes ago

It appears Griffin Reinhart is NHL ready. EDM hoping to find taker for Nikitin or Ference. Tall order to trade either player, for sure.

You can't trade Ference, he's my teammate, he's my captain, he's my quarterback (on the powerplay).

terrellowens.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec3m3 minutes ago

It appears Griffin Reinhart is NHL ready. EDM hoping to find taker for Nikitin or Ference. Tall order to trade either player, for sure.

You can't trade Ference, he's my teammate, he's my captain, he's my quarterback (on the powerplay).

View attachment 35491
I feel like this is a situation where the Shanaplan™ could come in handy - Ference and Edmonton's first rounder for, say, Leo Komarov?

Leafs could actually take both Nikitin and Ference if need be.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is a situation where the Shanaplan™ could come in handy - Ference and Edmonton's first rounder for, say, Leo Komarov?

Leafs could actually take both Nikitin and Ference if need be.

Nah, Okposo for Nurse & the Oilers 1st round pick. Garth has done well making deals with the Oilers.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Okposo for Nurse & the Oilers 1st round pick. Garth has done well making deals with the Oilers.
You just said in another thread you're worried about secondary scoring and here you are trying to trade away the second-best goalscorer on the team lol

/Edit: That trade also doesn't help the Oilers with disposing of Nikitin nor Ference, and would put them above the cap. :nono:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said in another thread you're worried about secondary scoring and here you are trying to trade away the second-best goalscorer on the team lol

/Edit: That trade also doesn't help the Oilers with disposing of Nikitin nor Ference, and would put them above the cap. :nono:

2.8M would put the Oilers above the cap? Wow!! They're in a tough spot.

Okposo won't be resigned. I'd like to get something for him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.8M would put the Oilers above the cap? Wow!! They're in a tough spot.

Okposo won't be resigned. I'd like to get something for him.
To be honest, Edmonton has $2,888,000 in cap space and Okposo is $2.8 exactly lol.

The thing is, if the Isles traded Okposo today, then made a run for the division lead and wanted to add a rental at the deadline, a guy like Okposo is exactly what they'd be looking for so why trade him to begin with when you already have your own rental?

It's like a writer in the Star a few weeks ago who suggested that Tampa is going to trade Stamkos if they can't re-sign him. Why the hell would a contender trade their best player regardless of contract situation?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, Edmonton has $2,888,000 in cap space and Okposo is $2.8 exactly lol.

The thing is, if the Isles traded Okposo today, then made a run for the division lead and wanted to add a rental at the deadline, a guy like Okposo is exactly what they'd be looking for so why trade him to begin with when you already have your own rental?

It's like a writer in the Star a few weeks ago who suggested that Tampa is going to trade Stamkos if they can't re-sign him. Why the hell would a contender trade their best player regardless of contract situation?

It depends on the situation. The Islanders have a lot of depth at forward. It's known that Garth will trade Okposo for the right price. Only the Isles know what that price is because Garth doesn't say much. I'm not opposed to keeping Kyle, but the thought of losing him for nothing at the end of the season bothers me. Nielsen is another UFA to be. That's a lot of talent to lose for nothing in return, but if it means the Isles make a playoff run, I'm okay with it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to play Devil's advocate, if TBL was to trade Stamkos they'd almost certainly want some "help me now" players. Balance that with an offer that makes the future too good to pass up and that would be a scenario I'd consider as a GM.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to play Devil's advocate, if TBL was to trade Stamkos they'd almost certainly want some "help me now" players. Balance that with an offer that makes the future too good to pass up and that would be a scenario I'd consider as a GM.

Yeah say the Rangers offered Nash, plus, plus, plus. That would be a possibility. Or how about LA offering Kopitar in a deal for Stamkos. It's not like the Lightning would become an awful team if they traded Stamkos.

What would Toronto offer for Stamkos?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, just so I have this right, you're positing two different trade scenarios correct? So, from Yzerman's POV, he'd have 2 offers, one for help-me-now players and another with futures?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade makes no sense for the Islanders.

Why do you feel this way? The top 4 is fine. The bottom 3 is Strait, Zidlicky & probably Pulock. Now I would have Pulock as the 5th defenseman, but we know that isn't going to happen. Remember Hickey is out for the first 3 weeks of the season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah say the Rangers offered Nash, plus, plus, plus. That would be a possibility. Or how about LA offering Kopitar in a deal for Stamkos. It's not like the Lightning would become an awful team if they traded Stamkos.

What would Toronto offer for Stamkos?
SFA. I'm not even sure the Leafs would pursue him on the market, but especially convinced they wouldn't be pursuing him in the trade market. There's just no logic to that whatsoever given the road the Leafs have taken in the past few months.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, just so I have this right, you're positing two different trade scenarios correct? So, from Yzerman's POV, he'd have 2 offers, one for help-me-now players and another with futures?

I doubt he trades Stamkos for futures. He's going to want some roster players. The team acquiring Stamkos is going to have to clear some cap space as well.