• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can understand how 43 feels about Tortorella. I would feel the same if he were the Caps' coach, but overall, he's done really well in Columbus. And even if he's not the right "next step" guy, he's probably pretty good for a lot of their young guys.
I mean, he's not the "next step" guy until he becomes that guy, right?

usa_today_10862859.0.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can understand how 43 feels about Tortorella. I would feel the same if he were the Caps' coach, but overall, he's done really well in Columbus. And even if he's not the right "next step" guy, he's probably pretty good for a lot of their young guys.

Vancouver, New York and Tampa all said the exact same thing.

Til he asploded.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panarin addressed the media before camp today. Sounds reasonable and hopefully should put some of the panic to rest a bit.

His concern is and always has been the contract term. It's a big decision and he wants to be careful with it.

But now everyone will get all hand-wringy with Bob:
Bobrovsky was asked directly if this is his last season in Columbus.

"We'll see."

Said he's told management his plans for the future, doesn't want to talk about his contract situation after today ... with media or management.

Asked Bobrovsky if the way this season plays out with #CBJ could change his future plans.

"Not really."

Bobrovsky said he's not talking with Panarin about their contract situations.

“I didn’t give him advice. His is definitely his own situation. He sees things his own way. I see my life in my way. So, that’s pretty much it.”

Sergei Bobrovsky on contract situation: "... after the last season, I told the situation to the management of the Blue Jackets, so they know everything. They know my plans for this season, they know my plans for the future, so they know everything."

Bobrovsky: "I’m a Blue Jacket for now. We have young team and I don’t want too much distraction around the locker room about our situation, or for my situation."

Knowing there is still a bit of a language barrier, I take this as Bob has said he wants a silly big and long contract ala Carey Price or Hank Lundquist. And he has probably been told to put up or shut up. Or they countered with term or money, not both.

The Jackets feel they have another potential franchise goalie coming in about 3 years.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does winning 2 of the past 6 Vezinas not count as "putting up" in those parts?

High standards for a team whose next two leaders in wins for a goalie are Steve Mason and Marc Denis.

In the playoffs. His regular season stats and his playoff stats are pretty wide apart.

Reg Season career: .920 Sv %, 2.44 GAA
Playoff career: 891 sv %, 3.49 GAA

Get us there.
Get us far.
Receive moneys.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs. His regular season stats and his playoff stats are pretty wide apart.

Reg Season career: .920 Sv %, 2.44 GAA
Playoff career: 891 sv %, 3.49 GAA

Get us there.
Get us far.
Receive moneys.
So, overlook 312 games of generally excellent performance in the regular season due to *checks notes* 17 games of average to subpar performance in the playoffs, all but 6 of which were against the eventual Stanley Cup champions, all of which were against 3 of the 4 top scorers in the NHL since 2005, 7 of which were OT losses and another 3 of which were one-goal losses in regular time.

I guess the Marc Denis era has some sort of nostalgia attached to it that they want to go back to :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones' GF% in the playoffs the last two years were 42% and 38%. I think he needs to be traded so the blue line isn't as leaky and some real offence can be generated.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, overlook 312 games of generally excellent performance in the regular season due to *checks notes* 17 games of average to subpar performance in the playoffs, all but 6 of which were against the eventual Stanley Cup champions, all of which were against 3 of the 4 top scorers in the NHL since 2005, 7 of which were OT losses and another 3 of which were one-goal losses in regular time.

I guess the Marc Denis era has some sort of nostalgia attached to it that they want to go back to :noidea:
Put up or shut up probably wasn't a great way to phrase it, but for the money and time (which is going to be yuuge) he needs to show more in the postseason.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put up or shut up probably wasn't a great way to phrase it, but for the money and time (which is going to be yuuge) he needs to show more in the postseason.
I'm not absolving him of some bad performances but until this season the best C on the team would've been a 4C in their opponents' roster and prior to the last two years the best d-man on the team was David Savard.

Look at the teams who have had star players in the past few years who shit the bed frequently because they don't have a goalie anywhere near the pedigree of Bobrovsky in the regular season - Dallas, Edmonton, NYI, Calgary...even Pittsburgh and Washington before Murray and Holtby respectively.

It's easy to blame a goalie, everyone does it. But as a fan of a team who went ten years without having a goalie worth a shit on the team I would think fans of a team who went even longer without one only to have a double Vezina winner fall into their laps would see past a few unfortunate playoff performances :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have some disagreements on Bobrovsky and his contract. I think what we can all agree on is he's no Tom Wilson. ;)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not absolving him of some bad performances but until this season the best C on the team would've been a 4C in their opponents' roster and prior to the last two years the best d-man on the team was David Savard.

Look at the teams who have had star players in the past few years who shit the bed frequently because they don't have a goalie anywhere near the pedigree of Bobrovsky in the regular season - Dallas, Edmonton, NYI, Calgary...even Pittsburgh and Washington before Murray and Holtby respectively.

It's easy to blame a goalie, everyone does it. But as a fan of a team who went ten years without having a goalie worth a shit on the team I would think fans of a team who went even longer without one only to have a double Vezina winner fall into their laps would see past a few unfortunate playoff performances :noidea:

Because I have such a long history of blaming goalies. :rolleyes:

Feels silly for a guy who has played goal for 40 years to talk goalies with a fan of the team that traded Rask for Rayctroft, but let me try the hyperbole thing. So if William Karlsson had scored 43 goals for the Leafs as a free agent, then you would be perfectly fine with him getting 8 years for like 8m? I mean Auston Matthews did score four goals in his first ever game, that's gotta be worth 12m a year, right?

Bob himself said at the end of the playoffs last year that he wasn't good enough. His performance was not to his personal standard. He said he had to work harder and improve certain things. So, it stands to reason that the team said "if you do that, you will get paid". There's a lot of room between "continue to show you are willing to earn it" and "OMFG HE IS A WASTE OF OXYGEN". To insinuate that the Jackets don't appreciate him or the fans don't like him is just argumentativeness for the sake of argumentativeness.

Bob wants the biggest goalie contract in the NHL, and it will likely be his last contract ever. The Jackets want to ensure they have the best all around goalie in the NHL for the duration of it for that money. It's negotiation.

I personally would love nothing more than to see Bob sign a max term deal because for the longest time he was all we had to look forward too. Now this little old pathetic non original six franchise has some other good players now. And golly gosh geez. We want everyone to perform. So uppity, right?

You guys have some disagreements on Bobrovsky and his contract. I think what we can all agree on is he's no Tom Wilson. ;)

He is decidedly not because he knows who both his parents are.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feels silly for a guy who has played goal for 40 years to talk goalies with a fan of the team that traded Rask for Rayctroft, but let me try the hyperbole thing. So if William Karlsson had scored 43 goals for the Leafs as a free agent, then you would be perfectly fine with him getting 8 years for like 8m? I mean Auston Matthews did score four goals in his first ever game, that's gotta be worth 12m a year, right?

Bob himself said at the end of the playoffs last year that he wasn't good enough. His performance was not to his personal standard. He said he had to work harder and improve certain things. So, it stands to reason that the team said "if you do that, you will get paid". There's a lot of room between "continue to show you are willing to earn it" and "OMFG HE IS A WASTE OF OXYGEN". To insinuate that the Jackets don't appreciate him or the fans don't like him is just argumentativeness for the sake of argumentativeness.

Bob wants the biggest goalie contract in the NHL, and it will likely be his last contract ever. The Jackets want to ensure they have the best all around goalie in the NHL for the duration of it for that money. It's negotiation.

I personally would love nothing more than to see Bob sign a max term deal because for the longest time he was all we had to look forward too. Now this little old pathetic non original six franchise has some other good players now. And golly gosh geez. We want everyone to perform. So uppity, right?

He is decidedly not because he knows who both his parents are.
I just don't want Priced

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feels silly for a guy who has played goal for 40 years to talk goalies with a fan of the team that traded Rask for Rayctroft, but let me try the hyperbole thing.
Sorry, didn't know I was conversing with Francois Allaire.

So if William Karlsson had scored 43 goals for the Leafs as a free agent, then you would be perfectly fine with him getting 8 years for like 8m? I mean Auston Matthews did score four goals in his first ever game, that's gotta be worth 12m a year, right?
I honestly haven't the slightest idea what point you're attempting to make here. Are you comparing RFA forwards with a good season or two with a UFA goalie with two Vezinas?

Who said you didn't like him? I said you were blaming him for shitty playoff performances when as a whole he's been at the least adequate. Ten 1-goal losses in three first rounds says the team around him not being able to get the job done is much more a culprit than a goalie.

Sure, he said he wasn't good enough when asked. What was he gonna say? It was everyone else's fault? Does that ever happen in hockey?

They don't have the best all around goalie in the NHL. But they have a good one and if he leaves they, in all likelihood, will not.

I wish I was a fan of a team that could have a goalie with two Vezinas and say he isn't performing up to our standard.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, didn't know I was conversing with Francois Allaire.

I thought it was well established I am Vladislav Tretiak.

So, good news everyone!
Back against the wall, Dubinsky ready to rebound: 'I'm resilient'

Brandon Dubinsky is extra motivated to take stupid penalties at the worst time by attempting to decapitate whoever the opposing team's star is!

All I can hope is he scores enough points to make his albatross contract not look so bad to someone on the fringe of making it at the deadline. And that one of those teams is on his list.