• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colder in Florida than you'd think

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers have a very good hockey team.
Let us take a moment to appreciate the fact that the pile of human garbage named Joel Quenneville is not going to get credit for it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us take a moment to appreciate the fact that the pile of human garbage named Joel Quenneville is not going to get credit for it.
The Panthers' success kinda shows that coaches have very little to do with how good a team is or isn't unless he's literally harassing players into depression or not playing their best guys out of spite and stupidity.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, perhaps replacing a coach everyone hated that quit on the season last year with his assistant wasn't the best idea. Guy seems like he has no ideas.

The Panthers' success kinda shows that coaches have very little to do with how good a team is or isn't unless he's literally harassing players into depression or not playing their best guys out of spite and stupidity.
Counterpoint, look at the Canucks after the change. Sometimes you just need a guy who can convince players to consistently play their game. Right now, it doesn't look like the Jackets have that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, perhaps replacing a coach everyone hated that quit on the season last year with his assistant wasn't the best idea. Guy seems like he has no ideas.

Counterpoint, look at the Canucks after the change. Sometimes you just need a guy who can convince players to consistently play their game. Right now, it doesn't look like the Jackets have that.
Not saying the Canucks didn't start to play better for Bruce but, I mean...

1.png

2.png

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 0

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Canucks didn't start to play better for Bruce but, I mean...
Well, yeah. Goalies are also guys who can react positively to a new coach. The thing is it's a balance between the personnel that the GM puts together and a coach who can get the most out of them. Larsen has weapons like Werenski, Voracek, Laine, Bjorkstrand, Sillinger and Boqvist. And they are playing a dump and chase.

Alright, so he's apparently gone full Torts on them. That should work.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t3_s7qhm7

Some snow art on the statehouse lawn this morning.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackets on the way to having the highest numbers in Jakes/60 in NHL history.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twatwaffle, jealous that other player/media feuds are getting national attention, took a big draw on a bottle of vodka and barfed out this:

Essentially he's saying that Roslovic was gotten to be the 1C (lol) and he has failed miserably. He can't handle the pressure of playing at "home" and the Jackets staff hates him and wants to trade him.

At least he's avoided that whole "He wants to play in a bigger, better city" schtick he usually falls back on.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be about 10 miles from my house.

By the time this is off the ground my house will have doubled in value. And, provided I can land a job there, my salary will go up too.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be about 10 miles from my house.

By the time this is off the ground my house will have doubled in value. And, provided I can land a job there, my salary will go up too.
I remember a few years before I left TO a few of the production facilities nearby my office both closed up and moved to Ohio. One of my bosses had talked to one of the company owners and they said they were basically paid to move there considering the tax breaks and savings in wages compared to how things were going in Ontario (one of them also owned the property his facility sat on and made a fortune on that).

I guess whatever it is they're doing there, it's working to bring companies "back" for work people thought was long gone. Big difference from Canada where the sector has nearly disappeared at this point.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a few years before I left TO a few of the production facilities nearby my office both closed up and moved to Ohio. One of my bosses had talked to one of the company owners and they said they were basically paid to move there considering the tax breaks and savings in wages compared to how things were going in Ontario (one of them also owned the property his facility sat on and made a fortune on that).

I guess whatever it is they're doing there, it's working to bring companies "back" for work people thought was long gone. Big difference from Canada where the sector has nearly disappeared at this point.
The way they are doing it is massive tax breaks for an area called "New Albany" which is an area that Les Wexner (Victoria's Secret, Limited and Bath and Body Works - also friend of Jeffrey Epstein) created. There are a few giant ultra-expensive communities, and the rest is giant areas of open land that they are not able to build any more housing on. Only commercial. "New Albany" gives companies tax breaks and abatements to build and "Columbus" and other areas helps keep New Albany afloat with the increase in income tax revenue. My house is right on this side of the border with New Albany. Like the kids in the other side of the road into our neighborhood go to New Albany schools.

Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Nationwide have massive Data Centers there. Discover Card Services, Bob Evans, Abercrombie and Fitch and Big Lots stores have all moved their HQs to the area. And who knows who else is out there. When we moved here it was all cornfields, and now it's giant building after giant building.

Not looking forward to the increased traffic, but won't mind cashing out my house and buying a place on a lake further out and working from home.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they are doing it is massive tax breaks for an area called "New Albany" which is an area that Les Wexner (Victoria's Secret, Limited and Bath and Body Works - also friend of Jeffrey Epstein) created. There are a few giant ultra-expensive communities, and the rest is giant areas of open land that they are not able to build any more housing on. Only commercial. "New Albany" gives companies tax breaks and abatements to build and "Columbus" and other areas helps keep New Albany afloat with the increase in income tax revenue. My house is right on this side of the border with New Albany. Like the kids in the other side of the road into our neighborhood go to New Albany schools.

Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Nationwide have massive Data Centers there. Discover Card Services, Bob Evans, Abercrombie and Fitch and Big Lots stores have all moved their HQs to the area. And who knows who else is out there. When we moved here it was all cornfields, and now it's giant building after giant building.

Not looking forward to the increased traffic, but won't mind cashing out my house and buying a place on a lake further out and working from home.
Let me know when the condos start going up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when the condos start going up.
Already happening. The golf course that snakes through my neighborhood has already cut 4-500 yards in length off and 10 buildings went up already alongside the first 3 holes. 3 more in the works. Another 15 or so buildings the next exit up the highway. Not to mention the 300 or so single family homes out there.

Another five companies that supply things to Intel have also just announced that they will be moving operations into the area as well, kind of like all the support industry that surrounded Honda in Marysville.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, we're starting Korpi against the Penses. Good thing I have a game so I don't have to watch.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez didn't realize, this season, Dumoulin has scored as many goals as Voracek has at Nationwide arena.