• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkov and Bennett score 14 second apart.

tenor.gif
Jeff Carter just scored!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett just got his second of the game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laine has scored in 3 of his past 20 games.

Can go on about his line mates and coaching all day but I watched Phil Kessel put up 30 a year for five seasons with Tyler Bozak at C while coached by some of the worst bench bosses the NHL has ever produced. Something has gone very wrong there.
Follow up with a pretty chart:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better not be wrong, Dreger. Or I will find you.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is a good kid who really cares...Hold your head up, young man, better days are ahead.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is a good kid who really cares...Hold your head up, young man, better days are ahead.

It's been like this a while. There are dozens of reasons why it went like it did, and there were warning signs it was coming that nothing was done about it. And all through it, there have been nothing but the standard "we gotta work hard, get our chances and grind our way through it". And I get that most players are programmed to not rock the boat. So it's actually refreshing to see a guy not want to accept it and not be afraid to say it.

There are still a not insignificant number of people who think we should trade Elvis and keep Korpi. Those people are morons.

Make him the captain.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better not be wrong, Dreger. Or I will find you.
I thought this was already "decided" a while ago.

I've been seeing a bunch of articles talking about this like it's news.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been like this a while. There are dozens of reasons why it went like it did, and there were warning signs it was coming that nothing was done about it. And all through it, there have been nothing but the standard "we gotta work hard, get our chances and grind our way through it". And I get that most players are programmed to not rock the boat. So it's actually refreshing to see a guy not want to accept it and not be afraid to say it.

There are still a not insignificant number of people who think we should trade Elvis and keep Korpi. Those people are morons.

Make him the captain.
I get that Korpi might have the higher floor than Elvis, and we could get more from Elvis. But you can't go "safe" here, especially with the draft capital we accumulated, and what's in the goalie pipeline.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was already "decided" a while ago.

I've been seeing a bunch of articles talking about this like it's news.
Yeah, but now that it's been "reported" it's in the world. It can't be ignored.
I get that Korpi might have the higher floor than Elvis, and we could get more from Elvis. But you can't go "safe" here, especially with the draft capital we accumulated, and what's in the goalie pipeline.
Elvis got the short end of the stick with no fans in the building this year. He is a performer as much as a goalie and he will thrive with fans in the stands. We haven't seen anything close to what he could mean to the franchise.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the article says is that China Cough will sign his ELC as soon as the playoffs are over in the K.

He will be here next season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the article says is that China Cough will sign his ELC as soon as the playoffs are over in the K.

He will be here next season.

RIP Ray.

Atlant_Emery_2008_Light-z-800x800.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Mlezko just said on the NBC broadcast that the 3 announcers had a chat with Torts earlier and he acknowledged he lost the room in the midst of the PLD drama and never got it back.

Created drama.

Lost the room because of it.

Allowed to keep his job.

You can't explain that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Mlezko just said on the NBC broadcast that the 3 announcers had a chat with Torts earlier and he acknowledged he lost the room in the midst of the PLD drama and never got it back.

Created drama.

Lost the room because of it.

Allowed to keep his job.

You can't explain that.
Tank job for a higher pick to move to Buffalo for Eichel.

/Buffalo’s improvement since Ralph left might ruffle that plan though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank job for a higher pick to move to Buffalo for Eichel.

/Buffalo’s improvement since Ralph left might ruffle that plan though.
Well, yeah. That's the plan now.

But if we could go back and do the season over from the Laine trade with a new coach and a legit playoff run that would be more fun to me.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I imagine yes. It's time.

One of the most annoying things about goaltending is people only evaluate best vs worst and never consider the standard or average for any goalie. So many locals think we should keep Korpisalo because of the 5OT performance against TB last year and we should let Elvis go because a few games ago he got upset and let in a stinker. They need to stop over-romanticizing one guy pulling it together and playing about 8 feet above their own head.

Granted, the team has been awful but Korpi is at 3.30GAA and .894 sv% which is one slightly down on his career of 2.90 and .905.

Meanwhile, with the same team and more games behind the AHL lineblendorama, Elvis is 2.91 and .910 on a career of 2.59 and .917. Not blowing Korpi out of the water, but Elvis is better.

Korpi will be a good 1b or very strong backup somewhere. But that place is not here.

And Elvis is gonna lose his job to Tarasov in 2-3 years.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interview in Latvian with the King.

Some highlights:

- His shoulder still hurts, and he got a concussion earlier in the season. He thinks he came back too early.
- He called PLD family, said that he was a good friend and teammate. PLD just thought somewhere else was better for him. Hard to "lose a family member".
- Said Foligno is the best Captain he's ever seen. Said he has a lot to learn from him. Off the ice too.
- Said he loves living in Columbus and just bought a house. His wife's mom is coming to live with them for a while.
- He and Korpisalo have talked and neither one wants to share the net. They both know one will be moving. Not personal, they are great friends.
- He heard the news reports he might be traded at the deadline and asked his agent. His agent had no news. Sounds like he was never actually on the block.
- He doesn't know who he's going to jump on after next win. He was going to ask Atkinson but thinks he would break him. Maybe Cam can jump on him.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legitimately not sure what I want to happen more tonight.

Get the win for Elvis.

Get the loss and forever tag longest losing streak in team history on Torts.