• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really surprised you find the Habs one expensive for them. I haven’t seen anything in Kotkaniemi that indicates he’s going to grow into anything more than a 2C. Poehling likewise maxes out at 3C. Decent pieces but nothing I’d move a guy who’s at worst a 2C on a great team for.

And the Habs would be insane to trade Suzuki. Kid’s the real deal.

yup. Apparently the word is Bergy has said Romanov and Suzuki are off limits. They lose a few and it will be interesting to see how that changes. If we turned PLD into Suzuki I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

My main hope is still a trade with Winnipeg for Roslo and Laine. Or Calgary to get Monahan. however it works out.

Or wait for Eichel to demand a trade himself :)
If the Habs trade Suzuki I will really not be happy. He is the most fun to watch and skilled young player they have had since PK. Plus he is decent defensively so he doesnt end up in the doghouse and lose playing time like so many of the young Habs do. Poehling had one great debut but I really do not see great things for him. I think Kostkaniemi will be good, but wouldnt be upset if he was moved.

Nothing against Dubois, hes really good, but I'd prefer if they pass.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Habs trade Suzuki I will really not be happy. He is the most fun to watch and skilled young player they have had since PK. Plus he is decent defensively so he doesnt end up in the doghouse and lose playing time like so many of the young Habs do. Poehling had one great debut but I really do not see great things for him. I think Kostkaniemi will be good, but wouldnt be upset if he was moved.

I think they're currently almost equal, and both have room to grow. But there's something about Suzuki's game that has a dynamic aspect that Dubois doesn't always have.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're currently almost equal, and both have room to grow. But there's something about Suzuki's game that has a dynamic aspect that Dubois doesn't always have.
Maybe Suzuki looks that way to me in relation to the players the Habs have had in recent years....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Suzuki looks that way to me in relation to the players the Habs have had in recent years....
And there's the possibility that Dubois lack of zing is a function of Torts' system. On a freer team, he might really take off. And Suzuki might get stifled in Columbus.

But IMO I would rather have Suzuki than Dubois, but it's not a giant margin.

And bringing in Kotkaniemi might work, but there will be a fight over 2C. I'm seeing enough to make me think Texier is a 1C by the beginning of next year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Suzuki is going to be great and they'd be crazy to trade him.

Flip side, I think Romanov isn't as good as the hype he's getting and if the Habs can pump up his value in a trade it's a huge win for them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^That.

Players are dodging the question in post game. Torts doing his whole "eh, we'll come through it" routine.

A lot of players looked like ass for a long time in the game, like the whole second period, so they are happy as hell that PLD is drawing all the attention. And at least the team came out to play in the third. But the core of the issue is another player is being publicly humiliated by a coach who always does it which doesn't necessarily make him any better than a star pouting. They are both acting like children and perhaps it's time for both to go.

Even without the theatrics, the Jackets have had the worst Power Play in the league for 4 consecutive years. THAT should be enough to make a change.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And now we have returned to the original reason for this thread.

It is now the John Tortorella death watch. Dick.

So, who's available?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twatwaffle says on local radio that he doesn't expect a deal before the deadline.

So that means it will happen today.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iwaUAmG.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pierre, can you narrow that down a little?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... THIS is significant news for those of us in the lower 48.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get this.

We're less than a handful of games into the season; why didn't PLD just hold out while demanding a trade? I'm fully aware that Torts is a total asshole and must be misery to play under, if he wants to ride you. But how do hang your teammates out to dry with that kind of effort? That was pitiful. I've been a fan of his game for a while now but I can't imagine that some teams aren't raising red flags after the game last night.

Not professional and not smart by PLD. I'd bet the list of suitors shrunk after last night.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get this.

We're less than a handful of games into the season; why didn't PLD just hold out while demanding a trade? I'm fully aware that Torts is a total asshole and must be misery to play under, if he wants to ride you. But how do hang your teammates out to dry with that kind of effort? That was pitiful. I've been a fan of his game for a while now but I can't imagine that some teams aren't raising red flags after the game last night.

Not professional and not smart by PLD. I'd bet the list of suitors shrunk after last night.
If he didn’t sign his cap hit gets bigger by the day when he does. May limit the number of teams that could trade for him, especially in a season where basically anyone you’d wanna play for is up against it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I think every team thinks they are the solution and can fix a player who has issues. That being said i think this is the perfect opportunity for teams to lighten their trade offers now lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I think every team thinks they are the solution and can fix a player who has issues. That being said i think this is the perfect opportunity for teams to lighten their trade offers now lol

I think you're underestimating good hockey men!! At least 10 GMs in the league think compete is the most important trait in a player. They also seem to think compete is an adjective, so...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're underestimating good hockey men!! At least 10 GMs in the league think compete is the most important trait in a player. They also seem to think compete is an adjective, so...
“You mean it .... like ... isnt?”

92CD723E-381F-48BC-B56F-A3AE82EF79C2.jpeg