• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I was a bit concerned about zone entry defense numbers on the last deep dive article.
This one compares to Tanev, which makes me feel better.
It's basically because he's getting the toughest minutes to protect Theodore, so to be expected

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I , unlike marcheSALTY , have lots of time for this lol

/although i saw friedman say he might be next out of vegas

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is certainly something that they can/could have (are planning?) planned around :thumb: :

View attachment 255720

This is great to have as a fallback. Im sure Aquilini does not want to pay for a buyout though. But this gives jimbo time to somehow trade one of the shit contracts. Was there enough of a public melt down today after toffoli signed with the habs that caught his eye prior to the schmidt trade to convince him he better pay for a buyout ? :noidea: :think:

If jimbo can get assurance that there will be a buyout, should he jump on a ufa signing for the top 6 right away and not wait? Damn the pickings are slim. Dadonov, Hoffman and Duclair are the only ones who scored at least 40 points. If they knew this plan could be in play they should have signed Toffoli to what he got today.

With only 3 possible guys out there as ufas (plus Leivo who would be cheap) looks like the way to go is just wait for another team needing to dump a good forward/salary :noidea:

And i think wagner may have got it wrong. Sutter is the only possible and viable buyout option (not Sven) ... from capfriendly: (see the bold)
View attachment 255726

Thinking on this ... theyve 100% got to go to tbay again ... cirelli or cernak? ... tbay is fucked ... none of their rfas elected arbitration and i dont see that the team elected to take any of their players to arbitration (oct 11 was the deadline - correct me if i missed news on this lol). Rules are that either one player must elect to go to arbitration or the team must take one player to arbitration in order to open up the second buyout window ... so they cant buy anyone out either !!!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Thinking on this ... theyve 100% got to go to tbay again ... cirelli or cernak? ... tbay is fucked ... none of their rfas elected arbitration and i dont see that the team elected to take any of their players to arbitration (oct 11 was the deadline - correct me if i missed news on this lol). Rules are that either one player must elect to go to arbitration or the team must take one player to arbitration in order to open up the second buyout window ... so they cant buy anyone out either !!!
back of my mind this is why the trade for Great Nate 88 was a pick from next year's draft
we have all picks we need for an RFA offer

not that I thought we would, but it leaves that option available.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back of my mind this is why the trade for Great Nate 88 was a pick from next year's draft
we have all picks we need for an RFA offer

not that I thought we would, but it leaves that option available.

Or they STICK TO THE CODE (MUST NOT OFFER SHEET ANYONE NO SIREE BOB!!!) and preemptively trade jake for cirelli or cernak so tbay can then go to arbitration with jake ... and then they can buy someone out after the verdict (not Stamkos because his contract is buyout proof ... 8 shmill bonus & 1 shmill salary lol)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbay at jakes arbitration hearing:

“Yah well we dont really even think this guy can play ... he actually sucks ... we just acquired him so we can buy someone else out!”

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Or they STICK TO THE CODE (MUST NOT OFFER SHEET ANYONE NO SIREE BOB!!!) and preemptively trade jake for cirelli or cernak so tbay can then go to arbitration with jake ... and then they can buy someone out after the verdict (not Stamkos because his contract is buyout proof ... 8 shmill bonus & 1 shmill salary lol)
didn't think you could trade someone between arbitration election and the hearing

I'm getting old, so I forget shit though.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't think you could trade someone between arbitration election and the hearing

I'm getting old, so I forget shit though.
A players rfa rights can be traded up to the arb hearing date ... after the verdict a team can only sign the player or walk away (no trades at this point)

Status
Not open for further replies.