• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BARIUM out of Montreal

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Jinx.

Price is very average this season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Jinx.

Price is very average this season.
He's been very good at times and holy shit bad at others.

The thing is, Montreal has cap space for a good backup like all the good teams have. They don't spend it because :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MTL has 10 games until the ASG. Most of those games are against out-of-division teams and only 1 is against an Atlantic team in the playoff hunt (tonight vs. TB). Not a lot of opportunity there for them to make up ground.

There are 4 games against teams currently out of the playoffs though, although one is against Calgary who may have moved back into a playoff spot as I wrote this.

All of this is to say that if they don't take 14 points from those games they're likely cooked for the season and while I know the NHL hates distractions during their super important ASG that all players love to go to that will be the ideal time for the Habs to fire Bergevin, get a new GM in and clean maison. This is supposed to be a loaded draft and they have some guys they can move (Tatar, Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Armia) that can get them some significant picks to add to the additional 2nd they already have from the Hawks. Shit they might even find a good deal for Weber.

I'd be pretty scared of what the Habs might look like in a couple of years if they decided to go this route.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit they might even find a good deal for Weber.

Maybe to WPG?

WPG shockingly has cap space. A lot of it. And a First next year. And playoff aspirations. A team with that combination, looking for D, is tough to identify.

NYI would be another team, but do the owners want the cash commitment? :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to WPG?

WPG shockingly has cap space. A lot of it. And a First next year. And playoff aspirations. A team with that combination, looking for D, is tough to identify.

NYI would be another team, but do the owners want the cash commitment? :noidea:
Definitely be worth it for them. If Buff comes back and is even close to what he was that is a terrifying right side of the blue line to go up against. Hell, I'm not entirely opposed to the Leafs getting him if there's some miraculous way it could work out cap-wise.

Think the Isles are at the point where they gotta try to go for it. Barzal and a couple other guys are young but a big chunk of their core is in their late 20s/early 30s and their goalies are both in their 30s. With their position in the standings and cap space they've gotta take advantage. Think they'd have interest in Domi - think of him as Tom Wilson-lite in a division where they might need to face Tom Wilson. Pretty good pickup if I'm them.

Dallas would've been a great spot for both Weber and Danault and they could've done it had they not splurged on Pavelski, who's been terrible for that money. For that output they might as well have kept Spezza for 1/7th the price and 1/3rd the term.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Isles are at the point where they gotta try to go for it. Barzal and a couple other guys are young but a big chunk of their core is in their late 20s/early 30s and their goalies are both in their 30s. With their position in the standings and cap space they've gotta take advantage. Think they'd have interest in Domi - think of him as Tom Wilson-lite in a division where they might need to face Tom Wilson. Pretty good pickup if I'm them.

The Isles should definitely get Domi and pit him against Wilson. I'm no Wilson fan but man I just want to see somebody rearrange Domi's face.

There's just something about his face.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rational GM might wonder why a division rival I'm fighting with for a playoff spot would donate a defenceman to me but...

Born February 23, 1990 (age 29)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Lol 7 year extension incoming.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No salary retained by Calgary. Frees up over 4 shmill in cap space.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great for Calgary and utterly useless for Buffalo lol.

It was time for Frolik to move on, he wasn't happy here for the last year or so, but he certainly was a pretty good player for the first couple of years with the club. The most important thing was to get that cap space, to get a 4th round pick tossed in is gravy.