• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come play a Pac-12 team

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you spike the ball with 18 seconds left? They were kneeling the ball, then spiking it with 5 seconds left. It's just too bad the ASU fuck laid on the ball w/o consequence and the umpire stiffarmed our center while delaying setting the ball.

It is too bad. But it was not a violation of the rules, and neither was the 2-3 second delay in setting the ball ready for play.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we all got cheated out of a proper end to a game, but I will reserve my final opinion until both sides weigh in tomorrow. I recorded the story from sports center and just watched it again. From what I see they don't go up to get under center until 3 seconds left on the clock. by the time they got set the clock was expired. Before that the QB was talking to the ref, but there was no sense of urgency to get up and set at the line by any of them. I'm sure I can be talked into something else when all the sides chip in, but for now it seems like a poor handling by the team on the field as well as the refs.

Trust me, I do get why wisky fans are mad. Who wouldn't be?

Mad about what? They never should have been in position to have a shot. I reviewed the game thread and everyone, including badger fans said that guy was on the line during his reception for the big play. They knew he was out. Here is what they said;

'he was out, but we'll take it'.

So how can they expect ASU to sympathize with them? In the words of Badger fans if I were ASU I'd just say '...but we'll take it!'.

:lol:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic, the refs ruled that the ASU player laying on the ball wasn't a delay of game penalty. So maybe get over it.

Allow me to explain the difference. In one instance the game officials reviewed the evidence and since there was not enough evidence to state the player actually stepped out of the field of play, they let the play stand. In the other case, the refs basically ran off the field and called the game over, and never looked at any evidence. It's really not that hard to comprehend, if you have a functioning brain....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad about what? They never should have been in position to have a shot. I reviewed the game thread and everyone, including badger fans said that guy was on the line during his reception for the big play. They knew he was out. Here is what they said;

So how can they expect ASU to sympathize with them? In the words of Badger fans if I were ASU I'd just say '...but we'll take it!'.

Iron, I like laughing at people who are overreacting as much as the next guy, but this couldn't be a satisfying ending for anyone watching it, nor playing in it for either side. Was that guy out of bounds? Yes, most likely, but that wasn't the only bad call or non call in the game. Those things happen and had wisky kicked that FG we would be seeing 40 pages of ASU fans tears. Having refs decide a game for you or get in the way of letting teams end it through a play on the field is always lame.

I agree their team didn't do a good job around that play and have some culpability in the outcome, but the refs didn't handle that dead ball time well and I'd be pissed too. Give them some slack at least. I get jumping on their asses when they say stupid stuff about the entire conference over one games bad ending, but find some common ground at least.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah It was a poorly called game throughout. But to act as if theres some grand conspiracy against them is idiotic.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th down is probably still worse given the stakes

And it wasn't a plot against Wisconsin, it was confusion and incompetence.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to explain the difference. In one instance the game officials reviewed the evidence and since there was not enough evidence to state the player actually stepped out of the field of play, they let the play stand. In the other case, the refs basically ran off the field and called the game over, and never looked at any evidence. It's really not that hard to comprehend, if you have a functioning brain....

:L I think we have already established you aren't able to carry on any rational discussion, but that is :bullshit:

The fact that the sideline run was replayed and not overturned does NOT mean he didn't step out of bounds. It meant they didn't have enough proof to overturn it. Had they blown him out at that point they wouldn't have had enough evidence to overturn it the other way either. It was a close play that even many of your fans said you were lucky to have go your way.

Still the refs didn't clear the ASU guys off the ball and set it as fast as they should have. Was it a conspiracy meant to defraud your team? Um no. Bad refs exist and are in every game at the college and pro levels.

Bottom line is had that team not waited too long or simply just kicked the FG with 18 left it would be ASU fans crying over the out of bounds that wasn't called instead.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

That's the part I was jumping on their fans over. The just outright crazy conspiracy garbage and calling every team in our conference names over the outcome of that game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5th down had the national contender benefit. This game had the underdog benefit so itll likely get forgotten except by Badger fans

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I think we have already established you aren't able to carry on any rational discussion, but that is :bullshit:

The fact that the sideline run was replayed and not overturned does NOT mean he didn't step out of bounds. It meant they didn't have enough proof to overturn it. Had they blown him out at that point they wouldn't have had enough evidence to overturn it the other way either. It was a close play that even many of your fans said you were lucky to have go your way.

Still the refs didn't clear the ASU guys off the ball and set it as fast as they should have. Was it a conspiracy meant to defraud your team? Um no. Bad refs exist and are in every game at the college and pro levels.

Bottom line is had that team not waited too long or simply just kicked the FG with 18 left it would be ASU fans crying over the out of bounds that wasn't called instead.

Ok, so you still want to gloss over the reality that the refs were given a chance to make a wrong right, and they didn't have the evidence to do so, and chose to leave it as is. Then, they decided to do nothing, and use no evidence, just call the game over. How does this make sense in any way?

Don't get me wrong, the NCAA is all about money and will always be about money, there is no disputing that. They are abusing these kids to get money from 3rd parties, IE boosters and corporate sponsors, and that is a fact, but in no way does that excuse this type of incompetence and injustice that they pulled on these players tonight. The facts are this was a close game and these kids had a great contest, but to allow this type of incompetence to decide the outcome is a travesty, and disrespect to the competition. These institutions and all involved should be ashamed.

I bet they're not, and actually believe they're laughing, which is a larger travesty in the grand scheme. We're all suckers and they don't give a damn about anything or anybody but the check book balances and themselves living the high life. What a damn shame this is...

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kill yourself. Yes, we were fucked over but it's or fault because we should have guessed we would be a victim of the most blatant robbery in NCAA football history? That's your argument?

What a good person you are, trolling people at 2:30 AM Central time.

I'd say the 5th down game has this beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but there was at least an argument there for simultaneous possession. In order for us to not be screwed, you have to come to the conclusion that refs have a right to waive off players for six seconds as they ask for the ball to set up a routine field goal. This is worse.

It's honestly the biggest screwjob I have ever seen. And i'm not just saying that because I am a Badger fan.

I say again, Smart, as you seem to belabor the situation forever, remember the screw job you gave ASU in 2010 in a 1 point loss. The better team lost that day and it not their own fault. Payback? Poetic Justice?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I can't believe some losers brought up Oregon vs Auburn as a screw job even comparable to this.

I used to have some respect for Pac fans...not much any more...when U of A fans stick up for ASU, I know there are some real issues in the Pac...

When B1G fans stick up for B1G teams its admirable, but when PAC 12 teams does it, it is a cause for loss of respect? Great logic, Moab, just right for a full time troll. Put your favorites on the board, Moab, so we can know where you're coming from, coward. Your use of "U of A" tells on you.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right Ironbreaker. We'll take it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, some way, this HAS to be Lane Kiffin's fault!!

There!! Now, can we move on?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play was just an epitome of Auburn's entire season. Every single thing they needed to go their way went their way including the Cam ruling. How have they done since?

What I never understood on this play was how they kept saying it's going to come down to if his right knee touched when it was his left wrist that touched, maybe even some of his forearm.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play was just an epitome of Auburn's entire season. Every single thing they needed to go their way went their way including the Cam ruling. How have they done since?

What I never understood on this play was how they kept saying it's going to come down to if his right knee touched when it was his left wrist that touched, maybe even some of his forearm.

Musberger is an idiot.