• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fans can relax now

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have been living on borrowed time, and the clock runs out today.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Kravitz is picking the Pats in our local paper. From my point of view ( and I am usually right at least 25% of the time) the Colts chances are paper thin. They need to stop the run early and often. Our defense has a tendency to let teams run all over them and slowly tighten up after the first quarter. This will be too late in Foxboro. I am not so worried about how long it takes the offense to get traction. Whether we win or get blown out will depend mostly on the D and special teams.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chargers have been living on borrowed time, and the clock runs out tomorrow.

:suds:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch on a pretty big screen. Saw a lot of uncalled holding and grabbing by the Patsies on both sides of the ball. Of course I want to bitch about that. But the better team won. The Colts got farther than they should have with the talent on their roster. Luck has carried them most of the year. He went to the well a few times to many last night. But I admire the guy for trying. He always plays his guts out. Maybe a bit too fearless.

Now, just enjoy the rest of the games. Then hope Grigson can pull off a few miracles to offset the Richardson fiasco. So many needs.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Colts and my Packers had a similar issue. It's hard to win playoff games with 1/3 of the roster on IR. With that out of the way, I think I'd almost trade Rodgers to have 6 more years with Luck. Screw the picks, the Patriots completely overwhelmed the Colts and he was the only thing keeping them in the game.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch on a pretty big screen. Saw a lot of uncalled holding and grabbing by the Patsies on both sides of the ball. Of course I want to bitch about that. But the better team won. The Colts got farther than they should have with the talent on their roster. Luck has carried them most of the year. He went to the well a few times to many last night. But I admire the guy for trying. He always plays his guts out. Maybe a bit too fearless.

Now, just enjoy the rest of the games. Then hope Grigson can pull off a few miracles to offset the Richardson fiasco. So many needs.

Yes of course the refs helped the pats. sigh

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Colts and my Packers had a similar issue. It's hard to win playoff games with 1/3 of the roster on IR. With that out of the way, I think I'd almost trade Rodgers to have 6 more years with Luck. Screw the picks, the Patriots completely overwhelmed the Colts and he was the only thing keeping them in the game.

Yeah. And I love Grigson, but he took that German kid and let Lacy slide to you guys. Then compounded it with the Richardson trade.

Realistically, the Colts have so many needs it is not funny. The three interior O-line players need to go (all though Thornton is just a rookie and may deserve a chance). We need a big receiver. We need at least one CB and perhaps a safety that is better against the pass than the run. As big as they are, apparently no one is getting the job done at NT and only one at DE. The return of Angerer MIGHT help shore up linebacker. Then there is Mathis. Love that guy, but his string is nearly over.

Who do you think will do a better job of filling all the holes buddy? Your team or mine? And then we get into the question of depth......:laugh3:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed. the refs were allowing the pats to be a little too grabby on both sides of the ball but the better team last night won. the 'bad' colts team showed up last night so a few missed calls probably wasn't going to change the outcome.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course the refs helped the pats. sigh

If you have good vision and can follow discrete motions at a relatively high speed, then that conclusion is inescapable. E.g. did you see any crack back blocks? Did your fullback dance a waltz with any of the Colts on more than one occasion? Or any of your offensive linemen, for that matter? Surely your CB's were not holding and grabbing on nearly every play?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. the refs were allowing the pats to be a little too grabby on both sides of the ball but the better team last night won. the 'bad' colts team showed up last night so a few missed calls probably wasn't going to change the outcome.

Yeah, we would have probably just lost by a little less and kept the game interesting a bit longer.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have good vision and can follow discrete motions at a relatively high speed, then that conclusion is inescapable. E.g. did you see any crack back blocks? Did your fullback dance a waltz with any of the Colts on more than one occasion? Or any of your offensive linemen, for that matter? Surely your CB's were not holding and grabbing on nearly every play?

My god why when a team loses they always blame the officials? Come on this is getting old! The officials make Luck throw 4 ints? The officials made the colts unable to tackle Blount? Yeah I could go on but sure let's say the officials gave the Patriots the win.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had no rooting interest in this game and the refs were definitely letting the pats be pretty grabby. however, a case could be made that they were just 'letting the teams play' and the colts should have reacted and gotten more aggressive themselves but they did not.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. And I love Grigson, but he took that German kid and let Lacy slide to you guys. Then compounded it with the Richardson trade.

Realistically, the Colts have so many needs it is not funny. The three interior O-line players need to go (all though Thornton is just a rookie and may deserve a chance). We need a big receiver. We need at least one CB and perhaps a safety that is better against the pass than the run. As big as they are, apparently no one is getting the job done at NT and only one at DE. The return of Angerer MIGHT help shore up linebacker. Then there is Mathis. Love that guy, but his string is nearly over.

Who do you think will do a better job of filling all the holes buddy? Your team or mine? And then we get into the question of depth......:laugh3:

If the Packers were healthy they really just need a safety and couple of linebackers. HOWEVER... this is their unrestricted free agent list. It's pretty scary.

Ryan Pickett NT 34 12 $5,400,000
B.J. Raji DE 27 4 $4,490,000
Jermichael Finley TE 26 5 $4,450,000
James Jones WR 29 6 $2,950,000
Sam Shields CB 26 3 $2,023,000
John Kuhn FB 31 7 $1,800,000
Evan Dietrich-Smith C 27 3 $1,323,000
Marshall Newhouse T 25 3 $1,323,000
Andrew Quarless TE 25 3 $1,323,000
Seneca Wallace QB 33 9 $840,000
Johnny Jolly DE 30 4 $715,000
Rob Francois LB 28 3 $630,000
Mike Neal LB 26 3 $630,000
James Starks RB 27 3 $630,000
C.J. Wilson DE 26 3 $630,000

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had no rooting interest in this game and the refs were definitely letting the pats be pretty grabby. however, a case could be made that they were just 'letting the teams play' and the colts should have reacted and gotten more aggressive themselves but they did not.

True. And you can always ignore Patsie fans when it comes to officiating. Their little angels are the purest players extant. They have been noted for grabbing and holding since Evil Bill's arrival. But do not bring this up lest you ignite some drunken Irish ire.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers were healthy they really just need a safety and couple of linebackers. HOWEVER... this is their unrestricted free agent list. It's pretty scary.

Ryan Pickett NT 34 12 $5,400,000
B.J. Raji DE 27 4 $4,490,000
Jermichael Finley TE 26 5 $4,450,000
James Jones WR 29 6 $2,950,000
Sam Shields CB 26 3 $2,023,000
John Kuhn FB 31 7 $1,800,000
Evan Dietrich-Smith C 27 3 $1,323,000
Marshall Newhouse T 25 3 $1,323,000
Andrew Quarless TE 25 3 $1,323,000
Seneca Wallace QB 33 9 $840,000
Johnny Jolly DE 30 4 $715,000
Rob Francois LB 28 3 $630,000
Mike Neal LB 26 3 $630,000
James Starks RB 27 3 $630,000
C.J. Wilson DE 26 3 $630,000

Wow. I think the only one we really have to worry about is Vontae Davis.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god why when a team loses they always blame the officials? Come on this is getting old! The officials make Luck throw 4 ints? The officials made the colts unable to tackle Blount? Yeah I could go on but sure let's say the officials gave the Patriots the win.

i'm not sure anyone said the colts would have won if not for the refs non-calls. :noidea:

i had no rooting interest and it was very obvious on my tv screen that the refs were 'letting them play the game' and there was quite a big of grabbing and holding going on by the pats. i've seen many games/referee crews that would have thrown about 4 or 5 more flags on the pats last night than that crew did.

again, the pats would have probably still won because the 'bad' colts team showed up last night so no one is saying the colts got robbed.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since you seem to want to get into this, the Colts wore down and Blount is a big fucker. But how about all the times the Colts should have remained on the field and let our defense rest because you guys were holding, tripping and giving prostate massages?

And don't give me any bullshit about not holding on offense either. Of course Luck had to try to bring the Colts back. He did fail somewhat spectacularly, on a few occasions. But that can happen when you are way down.

Btw, I know most of the rules, but I have a question. Is it legal for a TE to turn back towards his line and knock down a linebacker who is about to hit a running back completely from behind? I noticed that a couple of times last night.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you seem to want to get into this, the Colts wore down and Blount is a big fucker. But how about all the times the Colts should have remained on the field and let our defense rest because you guys were holding, tripping and giving prostate massages?

And don't give me any bullshit about not holding on offense either. Of course Luck had to try to bring the Colts back. He did fail somewhat spectacularly, on a few occasions. But that can happen when you are way down.

Btw, I know most of the rules, but I have a question. Is it legal for a TE to turn back towards his line and knock down a linebacker who is about to hit a running back completely from behind? I noticed that a couple of times last night.

Cry me a river! ANY time the patriots win this is the BS that comes with it. The patriots won because of the officials. Blah Blah Blah... It's getting really old.

BOTH sides were not flagged for things they should have been called for.. But that is not why the Colts lost PERIOD!