• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts @ 49ers Game week thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
~best Mr. Miyagi voice~

The student has returned to challenge the master.

0tyu.jpg

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Colts QB Andrew Luck coming this week, how do you game plan for that guy and I know you know him well but it's been a couple years since you guys have spent day-after-day together.

"Yeah, he's a terrific player and you see it on the tape. The ball comes out quicker than it looks like it comes out. The velocity on the throws is more than what it looks like. As good as he looks and as physical as he looks in the pocket and tough to bring down, he's even harder to bring down than you think. He looks fast when he's running with the ball and he's out of the pocket and can make a throw on the run or run. But he's faster than he looks. Third week in a row, we're playing one of the top quarterbacks in the league."

How do you describe that dynamic of for years putting together a game plan to take advantage of his strengths and now being on the other side trying to put together a game plan to exploit whatever weaknesses he might have?

"There's not a lot of weaknesses that he has. He's a top-notch player. We're going to have to be very sound, very good. Again, a top-notch quarterback in the NFL. And hopefully we'll be better for it as we play these top guys."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team plays better at home since there is no crowd to rattle Kaepernick but that offense is awful and if the Colts are smart enough to go Man on our receivers its going to be a long day for the 49ers. Not sure they can keep up with the Colt offense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team plays better at home since there is no crowd to rattle Kaepernick but that offense is awful and if the Colts are smart enough to go Man on our receivers its going to be a long day for the 49ers. Not sure they can keep up with the Colt offense.

Colts don't have the front 7 to play man and stop our running game like Seattle did.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts don't have the front 7 to play man and stop our running game like Seattle did.

That'll be the story-line after the game, saying that we went back to our running. Then, when we establish that, we'll throw in other stuff. Going full on one way or another against great teams might not work, but good teams it will if you execute and bad teams are simpler.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Worried that Luck is going to torch our safeties this week, he is absolutely awesome at working the middle of the field from 15 - 25 yards and that might be our weakest spot right now. But other than that its all Niners, Colts aren't as good as their record over the past year-plus.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a 10 point victory, easy. They are nowhere near the team as Seattle. We will be able to establish our run and then open up the pass. Time to get back on track.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game shouldn't be close their defense is horrible. Hopefully we get back on track.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a 10 point victory, easy. They are nowhere near the team as Seattle. We will be able to establish our run and then open up the pass. Time to get back on track.

My thoughts exactly. How's the colts o line? I've seen plenty of their defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% got this game. Harbaugh was not happy with the way they played last week. He took some blame.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are a 10½ point favourite. Just win and forget the spread.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if 49ers lose this game. We should win by 10+

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game shouldn't be close their defense is horrible. Hopefully we get back on track.

So is our offense. Something's gotta give.

We're better than Green Bay. We'll fix our issues and part of that was Seattle being so loud and being a good team. However, part of me feels we won the Green Bay game because Green Bay was so dumb in focusing so much on the read-option. If they would have focused on a normal offense and worked a bit on the read-option, they would have stood a better chance. We barely won with their stupidity - I'd say, as great as our win and players was/were, we *might* have lost if Green Bay played us like a passing team. Though, of course, if they did that, we'd adjust and we have a good passer.

Hindsight is 20/20 - but wasn't it Harbaugh that passed a lot to start with Smith to start the 2011 regular season game against the Giants? Wasn't it Kaepernick who did not like being considered a running QB? It almost seems like Green Bay should have assumed to see little read-option. I know, as said before, hindsight is 20/20. We could have assumed that Green Bay thought that we weren't going to use it so therefore we'd "surprise" them by doing it. The outthinking the other would never start - either way, they guessed incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're better than Green Bay. We'll fix our issues and part of that was Seattle being so loud and being a good team. However, part of me feels we won the Green Bay game because Green Bay was so dumb in focusing so much on the read-option. If they would have focused on a normal offense and worked a bit on the read-option, they would have stood a better chance. We barely won with their stupidity - I'd say, as great as our win and players was/were, we *might* have lost if Green Bay played us like a passing team. Though, of course, if they did that, we'd adjust and we have a good passer.

Hindsight is 20/20 - but wasn't it Harbaugh that passed a lot to start with Smith to start the 2011 regular season game against the Giants? Wasn't it Kaepernick who did not like being considered a running QB? It almost seems like Green Bay should have assumed to see little read-option. I know, as said before, hindsight is 20/20. We could have assumed that Green Bay thought that we weren't going to use it so therefore we'd "surprise" them by doing it. The outthinking the other would never start - either way, they guessed incorrectly.

I can't accept that excuse. They are a good team, yes, I accept that, but the noise is unacceptable as an excuse. Every stadium is loud.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't accept that excuse. They are a good team, yes, I accept that, but the noise is unacceptable as an excuse. Every stadium is loud.

I said part, I didn't proportionalize it. And if it had an effect, I didn't say it was a good excuse, just a factual one, IMO.