• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collins placed on IR

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep getting redirected to Middle Eastern, sexually ambiguous Midget pron...just me?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you getting redirects to various sites/play store, I am assuming you're using mobile, right?

If so, I believe those redirects/pop ups are an issue with the websites ad sponsors. Not much you can do about it. It's up the ad providers to eliminate those - it is not a virus with your device, to the best of my knowledge.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes my I phone. My I pad - I win a prize

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'el Collins on 2016 return: it's not 'out the window'

Dallas Newsletter

In 2015, offensive guard La'El Collins was an absolute maniac for the Dallas Cowboysand it ultimately cost Ronald Leary his starting post.

The second-year offensive lineman went down in Week 3 against the Bears with a torn ligament in his toe, and sought out a second and even a third opinion with the goal of avoiding surgery. Ultimately his journey was in vain, and he was forced to succumb to the scalpel.

The Cowboys are 5-1 after taking care of business against the Packers! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

Subsequently the Cowboys placed Collins on injured reserve on Oct. 4, and there he sits until further notice. It's likely his 2016 is done, but Collins went on record to note that's not necessarily the case.

“I don’t think that’s out the window right now,” Collins said, via Rob Phillips of DallasCowboys.com. “So we’ve just got to see how it goes, see how it’s feeling.”

Now that the surgery is complete, Collins is just taking it slow and hoping he can get healthy in time to make a return before the season is out.

“We waited a couple days before we wanted to move too fast in either direction [with the surgery],” he said. “The best guys looked at it and we did a great job with it. It’s feeling good.”

Both veteran teammates Sean Lee and Terrell McClain have undergone the procedure in the past and, although they didn't return the same year, neither was slowed thereafter by it.

“They [Lee and McClain] haven’t had any problems since they had the injury, so I feel like it’ll be the same this way,” Collins said.

The team has the ability to activate one injured reservist this season, and Collins is hoping he gets the nod.

In the interim, Ronald Leary has regained the starting post and is playing at a very high level. Something that makes it a just a tad bit easier for the injured Collins, who would love to help but simply can't.

“It’s an honor just to see that the level of play never drops no matter where we are,” Collins said. “It shows the kind of guys we’ve got.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he makes it back for the end of the year, but it would likely be as a reserve if I were coach...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else noticing a difference in the dominance of the Oline with Leary instead of Collins? Sure seems like we are better as a group with Leary at LG. At this point, I'm in favor of trying to keep Leary for the next two years and keep his name at the top of the depth chart. Collins has time to improve, but I don't want to disrupt a good thing. Maybe we hit the reset button and try him at RT next off-season to compete with Green (and possibly Free).

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else noticing a difference in the dominance of the Oline with Leary instead of Collins? Sure seems like we are better as a group with Leary at LG. At this point, I'm in favor of trying to keep Leary for the next two years and keep his name at the top of the depth chart. Collins has time to improve, but I don't want to disrupt a good thing. Maybe we hit the reset button and try him at RT next off-season to compete with Green (and possibly Free).
YES on all accounts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I never would have sat Leary for Collins and have said since then I thin we are better with him. I loved him since he was given the chance to play and I think the OL as a group is better with him. I think since he has been here he has been one of the better Guards in the entire league. I'm not sure he is more talented than Collins, but I do think he just "fits" better. He is the reason this injury never bothered me and I had no desire to trade him unless we got something big in return.

Here is where I see a problem though. The cap is still an issue for us to deal with and we need a little pass rush help. Leary is going to get a big contract offer from someone after the year. Collins is still a bit away from that. Smith and Frederick got theirs and Martin is going to get his soon. I just don't think there is money in the cap for Leary if he gets the offer I think he will. Sadly, you just have to let some people go and he is the perfect one to let go because we already have a good young replacement waiting behind him. The best part about drafting well is you don't have to sign everyone because you are constantly reloading. You keep your HOF type players and you keep your face of the franchise type players and you have to pick and choose with the rest. NOW, that being said, if this team thinks kicking someone out to RT and playing Leary and Collins both is something they'd like to pursue I'd be all for it. But it would mean moving Collins, not Martin to me. Martin is IMO going to go down as the best Guard of this entire generation. I know that is a big claim, but I really think it is true. How about this line:
Collins Martin Frederick Leary Smith

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I never would have sat Leary for Collins and have said since then I thin we are better with him. I loved him since he was given the chance to play and I think the OL as a group is better with him. I think since he has been here he has been one of the better Guards in the entire league. I'm not sure he is more talented than Collins, but I do think he just "fits" better. He is the reason this injury never bothered me and I had no desire to trade him unless we got something big in return.

Here is where I see a problem though. The cap is still an issue for us to deal with and we need a little pass rush help. Leary is going to get a big contract offer from someone after the year. Collins is still a bit away from that. Smith and Frederick got theirs and Martin is going to get his soon. I just don't think there is money in the cap for Leary if he gets the offer I think he will. Sadly, you just have to let some people go and he is the perfect one to let go because we already have a good young replacement waiting behind him. The best part about drafting well is you don't have to sign everyone because you are constantly reloading. You keep your HOF type players and you keep your face of the franchise type players and you have to pick and choose with the rest. NOW, that being said, if this team thinks kicking someone out to RT and playing Leary and Collins both is something they'd like to pursue I'd be all for it. But it would mean moving Collins, not Martin to me. Martin is IMO going to go down as the best Guard of this entire generation. I know that is a big claim, but I really think it is true. How about this line:
Collins Martin Frederick Leary Smith

One thing to note about our O line. When Witten decides to hang them up he is going to have some huge shoes to fill in the blocking department. I think he is a big cog in that wheel.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to note about our O line. When Witten decides to hang them up he is going to have some huge shoes to fill in the blocking department. I think he is a big cog in that wheel.
Huge, but he is still playing at a high level IMO. He caught a short pass the other day that didn't look like much, but there were two guys draped all over him. Still got the hands